Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would like help creating ECU def  (Read 5329 times)
random2.8guy

« on: April 23, 2014, 10:05:14 AM »

Lo and behold, I haven't found ONE single entry by searching the ECU P# in the search bar, that has a definition made up for the 2.8 30v.... the ECU box in question is [ 3B0 907 551 BP ] and clearly states Bosch ME7.1 beneath it. How does one go about making a definition? Or is there someone here who already has and I missed it? Any relevant help is appreciated. I cant justify the money spent to buy a tune via PES/APR/AWE/GIAC/whoever else when I can learn to do it myself. Especially after talking to local tuners who write custom files (and want considerably MORE monies) who have found certain section of code and places on fuel and timing maps where it's done rather lazily. Quote: " 'mass produced/one tune for ALL' mentality"
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 11:24:11 AM »

You are not going to find a definition posted anywhere I'm afraid. I have spent several hours to get mine to where it is, and it's still not complete. Come up with something on your own and I will help fill in the blanks.

I posted the original you were looking for in your other thread, but as you have the ecu, you should read it yourself!

That is, after all, one of the rules for posting in this section.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
random2.8guy

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 06:10:33 PM »

Man, i'll be brutally honest... I did read my own ECU with Nefmoto but I don't know where to go from there. Also, I've been told that blindly following the guides leads to bricking your ecu rather quickly. One guy called it jumping into a live fire exercise without knowing its a live fire exercise.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 07:26:51 PM »

You probably also will have problems getting help because not that many people are interested in tuning non-turbo motors... since the gains are so minimal.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 12:13:38 AM »

The people telling you things to discourage you from tuning your car are either clueless or want to make money off you and have no actual skill so they want to discourage you from possibly figuring out how little they do for the $.

Certain, dumb tuners will actually try and give you intentionally false tips and tricks to screw you up and help cement the idea they are the only ones who should be touching such magical technologies.

Def read the guides, the forum, the FR and since you are working on an obscure ecu, dig through others and start to learn what maps look like within 7.1 and compare to yours.  Hex is your friend.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 10:54:10 AM »

Like I said, come up with something, even if it's just an address of where you THINK something is. I will gladly look.

If you just want ignition and fueling maps, along with your rev limiter I can set you up with that in an xdf or csv map list.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: