Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Newbie, very rich at idle and cruising. Can't connect with ecu flasher.  (Read 5092 times)
bok.one

Hi, just discovered this awesome forum and all the software.
I logged my drive with vcds and if I'm right it looks like it runs very rich at idle and cruising (14mpg supports this).
It's a stage 3 2000 s4 with frankenturbos, 550cc ev14 injectors, hitachi maf, 4.0 bar fpr and so on with a mystery tune that I believe the PO did himself.

I saw that ME7logger csv's are preferred here but I can't get the ECU flashing software to connect to my ecu so I can read the file and then use the logger. I connect to the car via the obd port, open up the software and no connections are shown. What am I missing?

Please have a look at my cruise and WOT logs and let me know if anything stands out or teach me how to read and save my ecu file so I can log with me7logger if these vcds logs are no good.

thanks guys.
nyet
Administrator

you dont need your bin, you can use the stock bin for whatever version me7.1 you are running..

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
bok.one

I can't even get the logger to connect. The ftdi driver just won't install. I used the .exe setup for my OS and it said it was successful but says otherwise in device manager. I tried to manually install the ftdi driver by going through device manager then browsing driver and selecting the amd64 folder and it just says unable to install driver. But vcds connects no problem. This is driving me crazy!
SB_GLI

I can't even get the logger to connect. The ftdi driver just won't install. I used the .exe setup for my OS and it said it was successful but says otherwise in device manager. I tried to manually install the ftdi driver by going through device manager then browsing driver and selecting the amd64 folder and it just says unable to install driver. But vcds connects no problem. This is driving me crazy!

This is a ross-tech cable?  Have you unchecked "boot in intelligent mode" in vcds?
monzavr6t

And enable the vcp mode in device properties>advanced, I found I needed that active Smiley
bok.one

This is a ross-tech cable?  Have you unchecked "boot in intelligent mode" in vcds?
vcds works fine.
And enable the vcp mode in device properties>advanced, I found I needed that active Smiley
i dont have vcp mode in the device because I can't get the driver to install. It just says unable to install driver when i try to manually install it while the .exe file says sucessfully installed when it actually hasnt.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: