Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: is it possible to bend rods with a k03s turbo...  (Read 12977 times)
_nameless

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2014, 07:54:43 PM »

This. And... detonation.
What make you so sure? You  have not seen any logs of what im running (even tho the first time you mentioned it I sent you a pm asking you nicely if you had the chance to look over my file) and got no response...  So what your telling me is that antilag launch control and or high torque would have absolutely nothing to do with it?

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
ddillenger

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2014, 08:00:40 PM »

What make you so sure? You  have not seen any logs of what im running (even tho the first time you mentioned it I sent you a pm asking you nicely if you had the chance to look over my file) and got no response...  So what your telling me is that antilag launch control and or high torque would have absolutely nothing to do with it?

You don't understand how many PM's we get. It's nothing personal.

As for the detonation comment, he's likely correct. Cylinder pressure is what bends rods. Detonation causes a lot of abnormal forces. That's not to say antilag didn't have anything to do with it, but don't discount what he's saying.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
_nameless

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2014, 08:06:15 PM »

you FWD? If so, what are your LC/NLS settings?
yes launch is 2800, speed threshold 19kph, ftomn 0.0, rmp cut threshold 4250, ignition cut duration 300ms

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
_nameless

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2014, 08:27:29 PM »

You don't understand how many PM's we get. It's nothing personal.

As for the detonation comment, he's likely correct. Cylinder pressure is what bends rods. Detonation causes a lot of abnormal forces. That's not to say antilag didn't have anything to do with it, but don't discount what he's saying.
cool thanks

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2014, 09:22:03 PM »

What make you so sure?

I'm not sure. Just sayin it is a possibility, since if you are within the k03's compressor map, you most likely won't bend rods unless something else is causing high cylinder pressures

You  have not seen any logs of what im running

So post them.

(even tho the first time you mentioned it I sent you a pm asking you nicely if you had the chance to look over my file) and got no response...

See my sig re PMs. Also I don't typically have time to dig around in .bin files... there is no way of knowing what is goign on there w/o looking at each and every map. Generally logs are more useful since you can gather a lot more from that than digging through somebody's bin in a given amount of time.

So what your telling me is that antilag launch control and or high torque would have absolutely nothing to do with it?

Could be. No idea.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2014, 09:28:07 PM »

... stuck my foot in my mouth on that one... Sorry I didnt see your sig  Embarrassed

engine_nerd

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2014, 09:50:23 PM »

I have seen plenty of broken AWP style rods from high boost K03 setups. The turbo can make plenty of torque for a very short range.

Every 4-5 months somebody is patching up a block with a hole in it from that. Always the guys with water / meth, spiking huge and clamping the w/g nearly 100% at all RPM.

Those stock 19mm rods are not strong whatsoever.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: