Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: How does KFLDRL 'linearise' boost?  (Read 60867 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2014, 11:33:35 PM »

KFMLDMX, not KFLDMX Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2014, 11:42:51 PM »

Quoted for truth Shocked

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
userpike

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2014, 12:02:44 AM »

ahha! ok!

FR says it should be set about 20% above max possible air mass over the throttle plate if I read right. I know to convert to kg/h for the mapping but I don't think he's close as the log is showing prettymuch stock numbers in g/s for 1.8t MAF data. He should be seeing way higher numbers in the first place but the boost isn't there I guess.

I say take the MAF back anyway to rule it out, it's under warranty. Just because it is new doesn't mean it isn't faulty.

add:
I went ahead and found DMX in his file and it seems as if the limits are not being exceeded according to the most current log. Even where throttle plate angle blips under 100% where the 50% column would be used in the map.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:20:37 AM by userpike » Logged
userpike

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2014, 01:59:49 AM »

looked in the 539 log, nothing is showing up for anything until I turn off the filter. Maybe I am misunderstanding but the limp mode log is of a WOT run?

an attempt anyway happens it looks like, then maybe boost hits the map limit, then limp kicks in, you stomp your foot on the accelerator pedal 3 times and power comes back on and you finish it out through 6600rpm?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 02:13:24 AM by userpike » Logged
jibberjive

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2014, 04:24:57 AM »

Bit more reading for me it appears  Shame everything is in german on the FR
Since it seems they have been lost in the mix, here's a link to 2 fully translated versions (using translation tools, not human, but it is the entire Funktionsrahmen). I use these all the time, and between these translated versions and the English Alfa version, I usually am able to get everything pretty clearly.  Check it out:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=555.msg5138#msg5138
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2014, 08:30:39 AM »

looked in the 539 log, nothing is showing up for anything until I turn off the filter. Maybe I am misunderstanding but the limp mode log is of a WOT run?

an attempt anyway happens it looks like, then maybe boost hits the map limit, then limp kicks in, you stomp your foot on the accelerator pedal 3 times and power comes back on and you finish it out through 6600rpm?

or could be the accel pedal potentiometer(s)?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
carsey

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2014, 09:16:03 AM »

Thats what happens userpike...

High gear (4th or 5th)  2000rpm,  gets to point where it hits peak boost, overshoots to about 23psi, gauge needle flutters, drops into 5psi soft limp mode.  release throttle, press it again, (do that a couple times) and once you get full boost back out of limp mode itll pull strongly to the redline as if it hadnt dropped into limp mode.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2014, 09:24:50 AM »

The MAF signal looks really rough right before boost cuts out. Perhaps there are spikes (not logged, probably between samples) causing the MAF code?

ECUx Plot

carsey

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2014, 09:43:37 AM »

IM not sure.  Your the guys with the knowledge haha.

Think the thing to try is the KFMLDMX table and see how it pans out from there.   Id go out and test it now, but the roads are damp and having road legal track tyres on it makes for very fun driving (not) and would probably just light the tyres up.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2014, 11:38:21 AM »

Think the thing to try is the KFMLDMX table and see how it pans out from there.

Given this:

I went ahead and found DMX in his file and it seems as if the limits are not being exceeded according to the most current log. Even where throttle plate angle blips under 100% where the 50% column would be used in the map.

... I'm pretty sure that isn't the right approach, aside from just proving that the MAF signal is causing limp. A noisy MAF is a bad sign... could be MAF itself, harness, flaky ground, or even an intake leak.

ECUx Plot

carsey

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2014, 06:03:56 PM »

Aside from that what else could be causing it?   Ill try raiding the samples on me7logger up to 20/sec.

Looks like ECU is cutting the load as soon as boost goes above the max load specified in the map.  You can see if you look boost pressure PSI and max specified load,  soon as it hits the specified load, the ECU pulls it back.  Ive put a red circle round the area I mean.

What normally happens when the ECU hits its specified load through LDRXN, but the duty cycle maps are still asking for more?  (if that makes sense?)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2014, 06:16:12 PM »

That last one isn't limp, its throttle cut. Need to see req boost vs actual boost.

Also, whenever you post a pic, please post the log you made it with!

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2014, 06:18:46 PM »

In any case, there are a million things that can go wrong if you don't have proper WG control.

No point in dicking around with bad hardware... get your WG fixed, and start from scratch then.

A good rule of thumb is to never bother tuning bad hardware; you'll just have to start all over when you fix it.

ECUx Plot

carsey

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2014, 06:29:08 PM »

you sure throttle cut?  I was flat to the floor until it dropped into limp mode where I had to fully let off and then accelerate again to clear the limp.

I know what you saying about the WG, just would be good to try get my head around why its wanting to boost more causing it to cut power.

Only thing I can think of is because of the higher load making more boost in the higher gears,  hits its max spec load and WG DC isnt saying 'right, we;ve hit the target, pull some duty back so it holds it nicely'.  Instead its just wanting more and more boost.

Only reason I can think of.....
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2014, 06:33:45 PM »

you sure throttle cut?

Going back to one of the first logs you posted (which is definitely throttle cut), I can only assume, since you did not post the log (or desired boost vs req boost)

hits its max spec load and WG DC isnt saying 'right, we;ve hit the target, pull some duty back so it holds it nicely'.

The LDR PID (and hence WGDC) is NOT driven by spec load actual load error, but rather lde, which is boost error.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: