Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: How does KFLDRL 'linearise' boost?  (Read 61472 times)
carsey

« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2014, 06:41:41 PM »

Ahhh got you.  I was under impression I dropped onto 5% duty cycle when it hits limp,   That would cause a throttle cut too.  Mis-understood your post.

What would happen with a stronger wastegate, tuned for a good boost profile in 4th gear,   but a higher load run was done in 6th gear for example where overshoot is more likely to happen.  How would one work around that?  Tune the boost profile using a higher gear with more load demand?
littco

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2014, 12:50:05 AM »

Ahhh got you.  I was under impression I dropped onto 5% duty cycle when it hits limp,   That would cause a throttle cut too.  Mis-understood your post.

What would happen with a stronger wastegate, tuned for a good boost profile in 4th gear,   but a higher load run was done in 6th gear for example where overshoot is more likely to happen.  How would one work around that?  Tune the boost profile using a higher gear with more load demand?

Are you aware you still have the EGT sensor enabled!
carsey

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2014, 09:32:33 AM »

Yep,  Not crossing my 825c threshold for BTS fuelling according to logs though.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2014, 09:47:59 AM »

That's what the PID is for.

Yep,  Not crossing my 825c threshold for BTS fuelling according to logs though.

That is modeled EGT, not EGT sensor readings.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
carsey

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2014, 09:53:21 AM »

tabgbts_w

Thats the reading from my EGT sensor isnt it?   I have a physical sensor mounted in my downpipe.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2014, 10:00:56 AM »

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Exhaust_gas_temperature

tats_w          , {EGTSensor}                       , 0x3824F0,  2,  0x0000, {▒C}      , 0, 0,    0.0195312,     50, {Abgastemperatur aus Sensor}

vs

tabgbts_w    , {EGTForPartProtection}      , 0x384C0C,  2,  0x0000, {▒C}      , 0, 0,    0.0195312,     50, {Abgastemperatur f▒r Bauteileschutz}

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
carsey

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2014, 10:03:44 AM »

Got both of them in my log.  None go above the threshold.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2014, 10:05:20 AM »

Not sure why he brought it up in this context... but it is common practice to disable the EGT sensors so when they fail, the ECU doesn't dump fuel.

IMO this has nothing to do with the problem you are seeing.

In any case, I generally keep the EGT sensors enabled.

ECUx Plot

littco

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2014, 10:11:40 AM »

Not sure why he brought it up in this context... but it is common practice to disable the EGT sensors so when they fail, the ECU doesn't dump fuel.

IMO this has nothing to do with the problem you are seeing.

In any case, I generally keep the EGT sensors enabled.

I brought it up as he is running K04 software on a K03s turbo! So unless he has put the EGT into the downpipe or something similar then he hadn't disabled EGT in the map...

carsey

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2014, 10:21:14 AM »

Should all be running the k04 stuff.

Only stuff that isnt there is VVT solenoid as i cant find one anywhere Sad - CDNWS = 0 and turned off in ESKONF (havent touched any cam maps)
Rear lambda delete
SAI delete
evap delete
Charcoal canister delete
N249 delete

All those done as per the wiki.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2014, 10:37:00 AM »

I brought it up as he is running K04 software on a K03s turbo! So unless he has put the EGT into the downpipe or something similar then he hadn't disabled EGT in the map...

Ah! thanks for the explanation!

ECUx Plot

userpike

« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2014, 09:44:59 PM »

I would leave the WG alone. I don't understand why you think it isn't working correctly. You are getting so much boost that you are hitting the hard boost limit at times, which is like 2550ish mbar or like 22.5 psi on a boost gauge, the reason for your limp mode. To get any higher boost with ME7, it is my understanding that you'll have to go the 5120 hack route.
ddillenger

« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2014, 09:51:53 PM »

I would leave the WG alone. I don't understand why you think it isn't working correctly. You are getting so much boost that you are hitting the hard boost limit at times, which is like 2550ish mbar or like 22.5 psi on a boost gauge, the reason for your limp mode. To get any higher boost with ME7, it is my understanding that you'll have to go the 5120 hack route.

He's trying to run MORE boost with a k03.

It's so far out of it's efficiency range, he'd make more power with less, but that's his call.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
userpike

« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2014, 10:03:15 PM »

Aside from that what else could be causing it?   Ill try raiding the samples on me7logger up to 20/sec.

Looks like ECU is cutting the load as soon as boost goes above the max load specified in the map.  You can see if you look boost pressure PSI and max specified load,  soon as it hits the specified load, the ECU pulls it back.  Ive put a red circle round the area I mean.

What normally happens when the ECU hits its specified load through LDRXN, but the duty cycle maps are still asking for more?  (if that makes sense?)

When I said boost is hitting the MAP limit in my prior post I meant the max boost the ECU is capable of registering, the hard MAP limit.
ldrxn is a guide for the max you ever want load to ever be.

You are getting boost overshoot past the MAP limit and going into limp. You need to cut down on the WGDC% and adjust the PID more. ..and if you are running k04software on a k03s I would start with a stock DRL and LDRPID(yeap, every parameter) from a file calibrated for a k03s.
userpike

« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2014, 10:13:01 PM »

He's trying to run MORE boost with a k03.

It's so far out of it's efficiency range, he'd make more power with less, but that's his call.

no worries, that's what the NO2 kit on like 3 fmics is for! gain back some of that loss you know.. Grin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: