Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40
Author Topic: Anti-lag launch and no-lift-shift secrets inside  (Read 482311 times)
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #195 on: March 30, 2012, 04:58:47 PM »

Can anybody help me troubleshoot this problem I had today?  Cheesy

robin

« Reply #196 on: April 06, 2012, 08:32:11 AM »

Hahaha... ebay B&M?
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #197 on: April 06, 2012, 08:47:10 AM »

No, it's a genuine.  Bought it like 12 years ago.  I'm going to try to see if they honor the "lifetime warranty".

I will probably end up machining my own as it doesn't look like there are any other shifters out there worth a damn.
Three77

« Reply #198 on: April 06, 2012, 12:38:48 PM »

I think the issue may be the nut between the steering wheel and the shifter.  Grin
Gonzo

« Reply #199 on: April 07, 2012, 08:58:06 AM »

That's one dirty car you have, Jason  Tongue
julex

« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2012, 06:42:41 AM »

Looks like JHM wouldn't break in half like that....
julex

« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2012, 06:44:00 AM »

^^^ Do you have an AFR gauge in that car?

I have the issue that the car goes full rich when I do a 2-3 and 3-4 shift with NLS... and only recovers if you let off and get back on the gas.

BTS or actual physical EGTs kicking in? Should be easy to fix with proper tune changes Smiley
Snow Trooper

« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2012, 01:26:13 PM »

I've been testing out the AL and NLS code on a friends car and I have a quick question.  Not sure if it has been mentioned on here before or not but if the NLS is used, it will work fine 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd but when the clutch is reengaged in the 3rd gear the car is in some sort of limp mode and builds much less boost then it should be (would be without using the NLS function).

Has anyone else seen this?  Any particular things that I should be looking at to correct this?

Thanks!

Yes, in the drag run video with my girl friend in the car that I have posted that is exactly what happened.  I have it in logs too.  It only does it if you do a full out run, ie every gear or als then nls back to back.

I tend to skip gears now for best results as I haven't had time to investigate.  It massively regards timing and dumps fuel.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
corradovolksb

« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2012, 04:25:23 PM »

I am having the same issue also. when I use nls from 2nd-3rd I can hear the engine pinging durring NLS and then my boost stays at 10psi and will not go over that until I let off or shift into 4th normaly. I dont have a AFR gauge so im not sure what my fuel is doing but if I had to guess some sort of failsafe is activating causing the boost cut.

2000 Nogaro blue S4 Stage 2. VAG for life.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2012, 08:43:35 PM »

Update,

car wouldn't start this morning!  No communication from the ECU either, had to put my spare ECU in.

I used WinOLS to patch the code in so checksum should be ok.  Dnly started once last night when testing - should know better than that!

Found my problem - it was just a bad checksum, WinOLS found it straight away, think I know why it wasn't picked up the first time.

EGT's - for launch they at least they are not high, under 500C.

This is essentially a spark cut rev limiter that you will not be on for a long period of time, no different to how lots of turbo cars run.  Retarded timing and jacked throttle on overrun is different.

I'm seeing something similar to this.

Car wouldn't start. I cleared DTCs (misfire) and the car fired right up. I'm assuming that isn't a checksum problem?

although it could be misfire diagnosis DTC from doing too much AL on a motor that isn't at 80C yet... a ton of unburnt (and non-vaporized) fuel everywhere, I assume.

is there an ECU shutdown on too many misfires? I saw another post about AL/NLS causing misfire DTCs:

I had to have my misfire counter disabled in order to run this.

You can still log the channels and watch the counters increment with it disabled, however it is done by Eurodyne. they just reset fast before an overflow, which triggers the retard I am guessing.

A temp misfire disable would be slick.

Just re-enable it when you need to log misfires for any reason and turn the functionality off.

In any case, i have a request for setzi (or anybody else..) is there a way to disable this if engine temp is below 80C?

And a way to disable misfire detection while AL/NLS is active?

And this

We need to disable knock detection when the ignition cut kicks in.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 08:49:07 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #205 on: May 01, 2012, 09:14:47 PM »

That's one dirty car you have, Jason  Tongue

Lol, I know...  It's a track whore that happens to get street duty now and then when the weather is nice.  Oh, and I use it to haul lumber, bags of concrete and dirt occasionally.  I've had 12 80lb bags of concrete in it before.  It hooked up in first gear Grin

Looks like JHM wouldn't break in half like that....

That's what I ended up buying in the essence of time.  We'll see how it holds up.  I've missed third a few times with it, whereas the last shifter didn't like second.  I just need some practice I think.

As far as the ALNLS, I really haven't had any issues with knock control.  What are you guys running settings wise?  I've got at least 5,000 miles and 100 or so launches without any issues you are describing.  The only thing I've changed is the ignition cut duration to 1500ms.

I also have my EGT's disabled.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #206 on: May 02, 2012, 09:07:59 AM »

I was thinking one possibility of preventing the use of LS while engine temps are cold would be to set the soft limiter below the LS RPM until engine temps are >79C

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Giannis

« Reply #207 on: May 02, 2012, 11:18:55 AM »

what was the difference when you setted ignition cut duration to 1500?
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #208 on: May 02, 2012, 02:19:27 PM »

what was the difference when you setted ignition cut duration to 1500?

Shift effort was reduced even more.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2012, 01:37:52 PM »

One more thing i noticed; changing FTOMN seems to affect the *soft* rev limiter behavior.

Am I crazy?

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: