Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME7Logger connection issue? B5 S4...  (Read 7181 times)
ddillenger

« on: May 19, 2014, 09:17:57 PM »

Currently having issues logging a particular car. It drops communication halfway through, loses comms for a second, etc. Dropped sample rate down to 15, and cut the k-line to run direct. Still not logging properly. Setup is default for the ecu file. Wondering who's seen this, and what you did to fix it?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
SB_GLI

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 05:12:45 AM »

Sometimes I can only get 5-6 samples a second on about 30 logged variables on my jetta's ecu, any higher and it will start logging a few samples and then just timeout.  I've never had it cut out after about 5 seconds into logging though.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 08:00:22 AM »

I have had two different mbox S4s that did this.  But adding a direct line fixed it.  Check your obd plug, I have found the "clamping" of the female connectors inside the car side plug can be flakey.  I literally just bend them in a little and then it gets a better contact, issue solved.

This is needed practically every other car with tuning subarus.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
userpike

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 01:45:39 PM »

on my gti I found that connecting @ the highest baud possible like 115k or something, 50 samples per sec, logging 28 variables and it fails twice in a row then connects and stays connected indefinitely until I hit ctrl-c. Instead of the periods(.) that shows that it is logging I get upper and lower case "O""o" 's
I do this after the engine is running.

Before going with these settings me7logger was straight up shotty at best in connecting for me..
phila_dot

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 06:09:56 PM »

on my gti I found that connecting @ the highest baud possible like 115k or something, 50 samples per sec, logging 28 variables and it fails twice in a row then connects and stays connected indefinitely until I hit ctrl-c. Instead of the periods(.) that shows that it is logging I get upper and lower case "O""o" 's
I do this after the engine is running.

Before going with these settings me7logger was straight up shotty at best in connecting for me..

Read the README
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 08:21:28 PM »

Read the README

It was the HDD registering a shock and shutting down Tongue

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
phila_dot

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 09:11:28 PM »

It was the HDD registering a shock and shutting down Tongue

Good to hear that you got it sorted.

Still interested in the next one.
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 10:05:49 PM »

Good to hear that you got it sorted.

Still interested in the next one.

I'll send it over Smiley

Thanks again for the help.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
userpike

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 10:34:13 PM »

Read the README

yea thanks, after opening it up in notepad it showed a whole run on document lol I opened it up in notepad++ and its perfectly readable.

I knew the o's and ! meant something was up but with these settings it logs on the third try everytime. How off/inacurate could the logs be like this?

not sure if it matters in this situation but I make sure the clock sync option is also selected.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 10:36:39 PM by userpike » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: