Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: ME7.5 not meeting Load request  (Read 29288 times)
Ken-1

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2014, 11:06:24 PM »

Does it log near 1 bar (i.e. ambient) with motor not running?

Yes, very close to that. I tried to get it so show the same value as the barometric pressure with engine off. It may have changed since then so it´s a couple of mbar +/- but close.
Ken-1

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2014, 11:08:40 PM »

This axis is desired manifold pressure ratio (post throttle).

If the map value is greater than 0.95, then the throttle is forced that percentage towards 100%. A value of 1.0 forces the throttle wide open.

Ok, so if I understand that correctly then with these larger axis values the throttle will stay closed longer and only open fully if more than 1.7 bar absolute is requested? At least I think that is the way it should be.
Ken-1

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2014, 10:49:34 AM »

Hello,

I´m having some issues findind NDLDRAPU in the bin I use, in a TT file I have looked at it´s just after KFVPDKLD but that does not seem to be the case in by bin.

KFVPDKLD I have at 27E7B but the NDLDRAPU seems to be somewhere else. The bin is in this post: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6021.msg56390#msg56390 if someone has time/interest to take a look.

I pressure tested the system and found some small leak at the hose from compressor to N75 valve, but nothing major. WG seems OK also but I dont know how it behaves when it´s hot and under driving.

BR. Kenneth
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2014, 11:42:36 AM »

Unfortunately, I don't know much about avoiding 16683 in ME7.5 Sad

I'm assuming it is equivalent to positive deviation in ME7.1 (P1557), but more than that... no idea

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2014, 12:04:28 PM »

Unfortunately, I don't know much about avoiding 16683 in ME7.5 Sad

I'm assuming it is equivalent to positive deviation in ME7.1 (P1557), but more than that... no idea

Request reasonable boost, have a properly calibrated PID.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2014, 12:06:12 PM »

His req didn't seem that crazy... and for lazy turbos, NDLDRAPU has to be shifted rpm wise no matter what...

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Ken-1

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2014, 10:50:45 AM »

Hello,

In this log you can really see what the throttle plate is doing. Still NDLDRAPU is stock.
ddillenger

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2014, 11:04:06 AM »

His req didn't seem that crazy... and for lazy turbos, NDLDRAPU has to be shifted rpm wise no matter what...

I wasn't speaking to his case specifically, but rather the avoiding the charge pressure deviation code.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2014, 11:19:01 AM »

Hello,

In this log you can really see what the throttle plate is doing. Still NDLDRAPU is stock.

Oh wow. No amount of NDLDRAPU hacking is going to fix that. No wonder you are seeing that code.

I think your TB is toast, or you need to do a TB adaptation.

ECUx Plot

ddillenger

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2014, 11:27:53 AM »

Please revert the pressure axis for KFVPDKSD and relog.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Ken-1

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2014, 01:21:31 PM »

Changing the axis back on KFVPDKSD helped and also finetuning the KFWDKMSN and KFMSNWDK for the larger throttle housing made it better.

So with this fixed and a new walbro 450 lph fuel pump installed I tried to raise the output a little bit. But this did not go so well, with LDRXN somewhat raised requested boost goes to 2550 mbar and then I get wastegate DC at 95 % all the time. Resulting in 2+ bar boost, not really the desired result.

The 12_6 log shows the problem I´m having and 27acc3 how it was before with load request resulting in less than 2550 mbar requested boost.

I guess my question is how to do to handle boost over 2550 mbar. Option 1 is to scale my 3.5 bar MAP so I measure for example 2450 mbar when true boost is 2700 mbar (underscale mbar/volt) and change the request in LDRXN so that stays below 2550 mbar boost or is there a better way? PID controlled boost would be nice to have.

BR. Kenneth

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2014, 03:14:44 PM »

Changing the axis back on KFVPDKSD helped and also finetuning the KFWDKMSN and KFMSNWDK for the larger throttle housing made it better.

So with this fixed and a new walbro 450 lph fuel pump installed I tried to raise the output a little bit. But this did not go so well, with LDRXN somewhat raised requested boost goes to 2550 mbar and then I get wastegate DC at 95 % all the time. Resulting in 2+ bar boost, not really the desired result.

The 12_6 log shows the problem I´m having and 27acc3 how it was before with load request resulting in less than 2550 mbar requested boost.

I guess my question is how to do to handle boost over 2550 mbar. Option 1 is to scale my 3.5 bar MAP so I measure for example 2450 mbar when true boost is 2700 mbar (underscale mbar/volt) and change the request in LDRXN so that stays below 2550 mbar boost or is there a better way? PID controlled boost would be nice to have.

BR. Kenneth

All of this is covered in the tuning wiki.

ECUx Plot

tjwasiak

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2014, 07:17:14 AM »

Option 1 is to scale my 3.5 bar MAP so I measure for example 2450 mbar when true boost is 2700 mbar (underscale mbar/volt) and change the request in LDRXN so that stays below 2550 mbar boost or is there a better way?
It is not a proper way to tune! Proper solution is described here on the board so do not take any shortcuts...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: