Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My frankensteen 01 180hp tt  (Read 9206 times)
mounty

« on: May 28, 2014, 09:01:58 AM »

Welp I haven't whored her out here yet and with this next step in my project I suppose it's only fair...

Started life as a bone stock 01 awp tt that I bought for 400$ and drove home.  Yep. $400 

Previous owner and old roommate ended up drunk on a golf course I guess and while doing donuts. Hit a tree. Didn't know what to do with it or where to call to junk it so he called me knowing I love audi. Offered him the 400 and he was happy. So it's been done.  Drove it home 4 miles with no coolant. Parked it for a few days and then started figuring out what I needed to replace and what I could just replace to drive it.  Radiator. Two hoses. And a water pump job later and it was my daily. Then I bought my 04 4.2 allroad and that's been my daily. So now she's become the toy. Unplugged waste gate line. Diode mod. Cool. 20 psi. Runs great. Ok now I need more. Put a external spring on the waste gate and on a cold day I'll peak at 25 psi. But average 23. Cool just the little bit more. Well I parked her for a week so I could do a tie rod end replacement. While parked I got a helluva deal on a pair of " bad" aeb heads. 60$  one had bent valves. Other had a oblong ed drilled bolt hole.  Took the later to a machine shop for a good clean and deck if needed. It wasn't. And he said the bolt hole will be fine. So I bought all  needed gaskets and such for a head swap.  And copper nuts to fit the new 034 high flow mani I got new for 150$   while I had her all apart I pulled all emissions sai and evap off the car. Along with ac and power steering.  Bolted it all back up with a 3.5in downpipe only that exits behind the front wheel.  Why so big?  Idk. Felt like it.   So now she drives and runs and only has 8 cel codes for emissions and o2 sensors since I don't have any o2 bungs currently soon to be changed. And then back to the beatings.
Ordered the resistors to get me around a re flash since I originally ordered gonzos stage 2 for it with it all deleted. But then realized I'd be better with a custom tune since I now have the aeb head with no vvt or anything. So here I am..  trying to learn again..
mounty

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 09:07:43 AM »

Pics of the rolling turd.
mounty

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 09:11:20 AM »

And a short exhaust clip filed with a potato.

2001 audi tt 1.8t 3.5" open downpipe: http://youtu.be/kn6Bxc0L64o
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 02:55:58 PM »

Wow that is some serious low budget deals you got there  Roll Eyes
I like the TT base, even stock it is fun to drive. Good luck with your project, what are your goals about?

mounty

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 06:56:45 PM »

Thanks. Love the car.  Goals with the car is to piss people off. And go as fast as I can. Shooting for 12s. On a ko3s. Haha. Doubt I'll get there without e85.
mounty

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 06:52:01 AM »

Looking through the forum trying to learn about things and how to code out things and etc. Found what seems to be a pdf file of a winols walk through using a tt.  It's for a 225 model using the ko4 so it's not quite the same. But are the addresses the same. All of the "KFMIOP" names that is.  Or do they vary between cars. Since I can't seem to locate a definition file for my awp in English.
tjwasiak

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 08:44:55 AM »

Each ECU is different so it has different addresses. You can find maps in your ECU comparing them with different defined ECU dumps.
mounty

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 06:35:09 AM »

So basically just compare and recognize the different maps then?
_nameless

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 08:19:16 AM »

use the 032hs file and map pack. Its from awp engine code (2002 mk4) will cross flash to your car...

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
_nameless

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 08:28:08 AM »

pm me ill hook you up Cool
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 08:31:48 AM by Marty » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: