Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15
Author Topic: EepromTool - decodes/modifies eeprom bins to immo off, set vin, get SKC, etc  (Read 206764 times)
febomax

« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2016, 06:25:19 AM »

I posted in main forum but put also here...
I don't understant why file created by tool is LOT different....
Are BOTH good ?
So the correct procedure to put a new instrument cluster is :
- connect NEW cluster
- adapt it with vagcom
- put IMMO OFF eeprom in bootmode to avoid problems with keys (i must put an immo1 against immo2 and keys are not matching)
?
?
?
(code led stay blinking, i know, may be i cau se black tape inside cluster to mask)

Thanks !
vampirelo

« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2016, 06:50:24 AM »

febomax,
I would recomend to use epromboot_NOIMMO_MANUAL.bin only. I've checked this manual way correction for immo 2 and it works properly!
Seems to me that tool is not applicable to immo 2 ECU therefore a lot of corrections which are not need for immo 2 ECU.
febomax

« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2016, 07:03:38 AM »

Seems also to me the same, i'm not expert but don't understand why so much differences in file made by tool.
Is correct the procedure to swap the cluster i wrote up ?
THANKS !
vampirelo

« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2016, 07:51:22 AM »

If you made immo off than you don't need to adapt cluster to ECU. Engine will start with any Cluster as well as without Instrument cluster at all!
I could not get why you are looking for difficulties? )
If you changed immo 2 cluster to immo 1 cluster (so we are talking about xxx919xxx series) than would need to change immo chip in key from id48 to id13 and match it with vagcom.
febomax

« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2016, 08:43:38 AM »

That is the problem, id13 against id48.
My question is :can i buy a VIRGIN transponder id13 (10 euro), put on key and match it with vagcom or i need to PROGRAM that trasponder before Huh? This is what i still does not understood...
 Huh
THANKS for infos !
turboat

« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2016, 04:03:02 PM »

Don't use this for immo2. This tool was written for immo3 me isn't really aware of immo2 format
vampirelo

« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2016, 05:42:39 AM »

That is the problem, id13 against id48.
My question is :can i buy a VIRGIN transponder id13 (10 euro), put on key and match it with vagcom or i need to PROGRAM that trasponder before Huh? This is what i still does not understood...
 Huh
THANKS for infos !
You need to buy New transponder id13, put it into key and match it to your immo 1 cluster via vagcom.
EuroXs4

« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2016, 10:39:56 AM »

I gotta say this tool is pretty slick!!I have a question.Cluster data what is it exactly??and does it need to be changed??I am swapping in a replacement ecu.I edited the vin immo id and skc to match the one thats in the car.However I am curious if the cluster data needs to match as well or not??
vampirelo

« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2016, 10:12:04 AM »

I gotta say this tool is pretty slick!!I have a question.Cluster data what is it exactly??and does it need to be changed??I am swapping in a replacement ecu.I edited the vin immo id and skc to match the one thats in the car.However I am curious if the cluster data needs to match as well or not??
If you copy VIN ID, Immo ID, Login, 7 bytes of Matching info (skc) from old ECU to New ECU than Cluster will work with New ECU absolutly identical and no need to change anythink in Cluster.
tularem

« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2017, 05:25:53 PM »

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I feel like I'm too close to getting this thing taken care of not to.  

input:
Code:
eepromtool.exe --in immoon.bin --immo off --out immooff.bin

Output:
Code:
Read in 2048bytes
Detected 2kb bin, parsing as a cluster eeprom (prevent this guessing by using --force)
WARNING: Cluster Code Block 1 and 2 do not match, this may indicate an error in the file, or a format not supported by this tool
WARNING: Cluster Code Block 1 and 3 do not match, this may indicate an error in the file, or a format not supported by this tool
WARNING: Cluster Code Block 2 and 3 do not match, this may indicate an error in the file, or a format not supported by this tool
ERROR: No immo to set in cluster eeprom
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "eepromtool.py", line 730, in <module>
  File "eepromtool.py", line 693, in main
NameError: global name 'exit' is not defined
/
attached is my .bin file.  Immo II in my 01 Jetta 1.8t (AWW)(DL) is active and won't accept the immo pin. Is the dash bad? What's the deal here?

thanks in advance!
vampirelo

« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2017, 01:17:03 AM »

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I feel like I'm too close to getting this thing taken care of not to.  

input:
Code:
eepromtool.exe --in immoon.bin --immo off --out immooff.bin

Output:
Code:
Read in 2048bytes
Detected 2kb bin, parsing as a cluster eeprom (prevent this guessing by using --force)
WARNING: Cluster Code Block 1 and 2 do not match, this may indicate an error in the file, or a format not supported by this tool
WARNING: Cluster Code Block 1 and 3 do not match, this may indicate an error in the file, or a format not supported by this tool
WARNING: Cluster Code Block 2 and 3 do not match, this may indicate an error in the file, or a format not supported by this tool
ERROR: No immo to set in cluster eeprom
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "eepromtool.py", line 730, in <module>
  File "eepromtool.py", line 693, in main
NameError: global name 'exit' is not defined
/
attached is my .bin file.  Immo II in my 01 Jetta 1.8t (AWW)(DL) is active and won't accept the immo pin. Is the dash bad? What's the deal here?

thanks in advance!
You have immo 2 dash therefore need to adopt Cluster to ECU by 00 channel of Cluster Adaptation (vagcom). After that re-match yours keys through 21 channel of cluster adoptation.
kido resuri

« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2017, 01:43:11 PM »

Hi, I have Fiat Punto mk2 1.2 16V, which has ME73H4 ECU.

I was able to read the the eeprom contents with the ME7 95040 programmer. If i try to use this 95040Tool, it seems to show the SKC, but I don't think that is the right one actually. It doesn't show VIN, and shows Checksum error also.
Is it possible to retrieve the SKC from this type of ECU?

Thank you in advance!
aef

« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2017, 10:01:01 AM »

Just found this tool. Its great.
I used it to verify my manualy calculated skc.

I would suggest to keep first post up to date and code the version into filename.

0.3 is newest?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2017, 11:28:51 PM »

I would suggest to keep first post up to date and code the version into filename.

This is why I detest forums for doing development.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2018, 09:50:36 AM »

turboat: please either

1) keep the OP updated with the latest version (and add version number to the file name)

or

2) provide a link to a repository that always contains the most recent version (e.g. github)

The version thrashing and confusion here is unacceptable. Forums were simply not designed for this sort of thing, so some effort is required on your part.

Thanks.

I am removing the attached files on the OP accordingly (for now) to prevent confusion.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: