Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
Author Topic: EepromTool - decodes/modifies eeprom bins to immo off, set vin, get SKC, etc  (Read 206772 times)
!nfern0

Audi TT 1.8T BAM

« Reply #150 on: September 02, 2019, 10:55:00 AM »

EEpromtool is now hosted on github. Please pull it down, test and let me know if there are any issues.

If anyone has feedback or improvements to suggest, that would be super useful. I would like to improve the handling of immo2 bins, and it would be good to document what it does/does not do. Also if anyone has information on cluster checksums, that would be good to add.

Hi There! I was looking through this thread and was searching the last days for a solution, but nothing found.

So I was trying to use your current release and getting following error:

The version of C:\Users\owner\Desktop\Tuning\eepromtool_04.exe is not compatible with the running Windows version. Check the computer's system information, and then contact the publisher of the software.

Is there any solution for this, or do I need a 32-bit installation of windows?

Thx in advance!
Alcrerion

« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2019, 10:57:48 AM »

Attempting to just access SKC and cluster PIN info and keep running into the same response from the program, despite trying a number of different commands.

C:\Users\alcre>C:\Nefmoto\eepromtool_04.exe
usage: eepromtool_04.exe [-h] --in INFILE [--out OUTFILE] [--status]
                         [--immo IMMO] [--vin VIN] [--skc SKC] [--cc CC]
                         [--ii II] [--pair PAIR] [--fixcs] [--nofixcs]
                         [--cluster] [--force]
eepromtool_04.exe: error: argument --in is required

C:\Users\alcre>C:\Nefmoto\eepromtool_04.exe --in INFILE
ERROR: Could not open input file - INFILE

Any guidance would be appreciated.
howlingmoki

« Reply #152 on: September 12, 2019, 07:43:44 PM »

Has anyone had problems with the file from Github recently?  On my Win10 box, the Windows Defender Antivirus keeps nuking the download saying that it's detected the Win32/Fuery.B!cl trojan.  If this is a known issue, is there a better or different place to get it from?  I found the older 95040tool on S4wiki and downloaded that which seems to work OK.
jas3113

« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2019, 12:11:17 PM »

Has anyone had problems with the file from Github recently?  On my Win10 box, the Windows Defender Antivirus keeps nuking the download saying that it's detected the Win32/Fuery.B!cl trojan.  If this is a known issue, is there a better or different place to get it from?  I found the older 95040tool on S4wiki and downloaded that which seems to work OK.

New here and just downloaded this and had the same problem as you did.  You need to disable windows defender and add it as an exception.
howlingmoki

« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2019, 10:19:57 PM »

Gotcha.  Gave it another go this evening and it Defender was reporting a different trojan than before .. weird.  Added eepromtool_04.exe to the exception list and all seems fine.  I haven't done much with Windows since XP was fresh and "Microsoft security" was the punchline to a joke, so I've been a little hesitant to monkey with things too much.

bamofo

Attempting to just access SKC and cluster PIN info and keep running into the same response from the program, despite trying a number of different commands.

C:\Users\alcre>C:\Nefmoto\eepromtool_04.exe
usage: eepromtool_04.exe [-h] --in INFILE [--out OUTFILE] [--status]
                         [--immo IMMO] [--vin VIN] [--skc SKC] [--cc CC]
                         [--ii II] [--pair PAIR] [--fixcs] [--nofixcs]
                         [--cluster] [--force]
eepromtool_04.exe: error: argument --in is required

C:\Users\alcre>C:\Nefmoto\eepromtool_04.exe --in INFILE
ERROR: Could not open input file - INFILE

Any guidance would be appreciated.

-- in INFILE refers to the file your trying to ingest. You need to do --in bamofo.bin or w/e your filename is. Share the file we can get the answer for you eitherway.
turboat

New here and just downloaded this and had the same problem as you did.  You need to disable windows defender and add it as an exception.

Hold off on that and I will rebuild the exe. It shouldn't have a trojan in, but you can never be sure.

Safest and most secure way is to install python on your system and run the python file rather than the exe.
GolfSportWagen

Hi turboat,

Just curious if the GitHub file has been updated yet as I too get the Defender virus message and blockage.

TIA
nyet
Administrator

Hold off on that and I will rebuild the exe. It shouldn't have a trojan in, but you can never be sure.

It doesn't. I've been getting false positives on all sorts of crap lately.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
turboat

« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2019, 02:31:39 AM »

I've checked it with virus total and it comes up clean, I think defender has got the signature for the python to exe builder (seriously who would write malware in py??), rather than this specific file having a trojan.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2019, 08:25:53 AM »

I've checked it with virus total and it comes up clean, I think defender has got the signature for the python to exe builder (seriously who would write malware in py??), rather than this specific file having a trojan.

I've actually seen malware written in py with the exe builder, and i think you're spot on with this.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
bogdan wst

« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2019, 02:30:05 PM »

Hello. I am new in this forum and as per the instructions received through this tool, i want to ask for your help. I own (in fact it is my wife's car) an 2003 audi A3 8L 1.6 BFQ petrol engine. It has Jaeger (Magneti Marelli i think) no DIS cluster and i want to retrofit a VDO full DIS cluster. I have the "new" instrument cluster PIN, but i can't find the correct PIN for my original cluster (MM/Jaeger). I tried to pull it with Super Vag and Vag Commander 3.6, but no luck. The pins from the original cluster are not working when i try to pair the immobiliser through the ross-tech procedure (in channel 50 when i put the old PIN in the new value field and hit test it then says DISABLED). I also am using original ross-tech interface.
I managed to read some kind of dump information from my original cluster by using Vag Commander 3.6 (attached file), but by running the dump file through this tool (EepromTool), it seems the dump is corrupted. I attach the message i get from this tool. I also tried the SKC that this tool provided for me, but i could not login to my original Jaeger/MM cluster.
I want to say i do not know how to read/extract the cluster dump file wit this tool. How can i do this?

Can someone help me in finding the necessary PIN code or is there any way to rebuild my dump file so it is complete/correct for my car?

Thank you very much for the support.
BlackT

« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2019, 03:15:03 PM »

Get SKC from ECU, it schould match your original cluster pin
bogdan wst

« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2019, 03:21:08 PM »

I can't get the pin code from the ecu neither with vag commander Sad
BlackT

« Reply #164 on: November 01, 2019, 03:29:09 PM »

I can't get the pin code from the ecu neither with vag commander Sad
Agrubd tool? Boot mode?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15