Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26
Author Topic: Emissions delete and setting actual readiness  (Read 339020 times)
masterj

« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2012, 03:04:23 PM »

for the past few weeks I was analyzing bunch of funktionsrahmen functions and found that to completely remove cat/sai/post cat o2 isn't that easy... Sure you can easily force READINESS to be PASSED but that doesn't mean that you are actually disabling functions. For starters  cat converter variables control even minimal ignition angle and NW functions.

I'll try to analyze everything and disable CAT/SAI/POSTCAT O2 in EVERY SINGLE FUNCTION....

For starters let's go to PROKONAL and disable all the usual bits:
CDHSH=0
CDHSHE=0
CDKAT=0
CDLASH=0
CDLSA=0
CDLSH=0
CDSLS=0

Now we go and change these maps:
CWKONABG=0
CWKONLS=1 (for 1 bank first o2 only)
CWLSHA=0
CWSLS=54 (gonna upload SLS function schematics later, but for now just leave this val)

Now let's analyze BBKHZ function (please look at the attached schematics). Too bad there's no complete BBKHZ schematics for turbo engine applications...

prj

« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2012, 05:13:09 AM »

I don't care about readiness here, because they just don't check that here.

But if you want to disable BBKHZ and SLS, so that they don't get activated, just set CWKONABG to 0.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1788.0title=

For me this was the most logical way of doing it, since you are basically telling the ECU that the car has no catalytic converters.

My car does have two catalytic converters, and the only difference now is, that the exhaust smells bad a bit longer on warmup.
But at least it does not dump loads of fuel into the engine and retard the ignition angle. The SAI pump never gets activated anymore either on my car.
My fuel consumption was quite drastically reduced on shorter trips with cold engine as well.

FR:
Die Sekund¨arluft (B_SLS=B_SLV = 1, B_slp = 1) wird durch B_kh = 1 und ¨Uberschreiten der imlpr-Schwelle IMLSLMN aktiviert
And:
The catalyst heating function is only released by the condition B katfz = 1 from %Prokon

If you zero CWKONABG then B_katfz is never set, due to that BBKHZ never gets activated, and B_kh is always 0, so SLS never gets activated either.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 05:18:26 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
masterj

« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2012, 05:33:32 AM »

I don't care about readiness here, because they just don't check that here.

But if you want to disable BBKHZ and SLS, so that they don't get activated, just set CWKONABG to 0.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1788.0title=

For me this was the most logical way of doing it, since you are basically telling the ECU that the car has no catalytic converters.

My car does have two catalytic converters, and the only difference now is, that the exhaust smells bad a bit longer on warmup.
But at least it does not dump loads of fuel into the engine and retard the ignition angle. The SAI pump never gets activated anymore either on my car.
My fuel consumption was quite drastically reduced on shorter trips with cold engine as well.

FR:And:
If you zero CWKONABG then B_katfz is never set, due to that BBKHZ never gets activated, and B_kh is always 0, so SLS never gets activated either.

What about KFNWKHLLE and KFNWKHE from NWSOLLE? Only info I found about these is that these are enabled when fnwkhe=1. No info on how fnwkhe is set though...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 05:35:29 AM by masterj » Logged

prj

« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2012, 05:40:50 AM »

Yea there is:
Die Katheiz-Kennfelder KFNWKHE bzw. KFNWKHLLE werden aktiv, wenn der Faktor fnwkhe = 1 ist. Dieser Faktor wird in der Funktion
BBKHZ berechnet und ist abh¨angig vom Lufmassendurchsatz des Motors (imlatm). Am Ende des Katheizen wird dieser von 1 nach 0
abgesteuert.

If BBKHZ is not activated, it is pretty logical that fnwkhe will be always 0.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 05:42:21 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
masterj

« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2012, 11:02:51 AM »

I know this might be overkill and you can disable SLS, but for the sake of better understanding and practice I did complete shutdown of function, including every single map...

P.S> Since all the me7 functions are connected to each other, there are more maps to edit. Gonna keep you all posted if there's interest Wink

masterj

« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2012, 02:44:31 PM »

Additionally revisited BBKHZ

masterj

« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2012, 11:37:35 AM »

Huge DSLSLRS function

CWDSLSY:
b0   b1   b2   b3   b4   b5   b6   b7
-----------------------------------------------------------
0     0     1     1     X     X     0     1     

CWDSLSA:
b0   b1   b2   b3   b4   b5   b6
---------------------------------------------------
1     0     1     1     1     1     0     

CWDSLSAD:
b0   b1
-----------
1      0
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:41:25 AM by masterj » Logged

masterj

« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2012, 11:39:34 AM »

last few shots

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2012, 11:45:01 AM »

Yikes... need some sort of summary when you are all done.. that is a lot to digest

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
s5fourdoor

« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2012, 11:46:53 AM »

Yikes... need some sort of summary when you are all done.. that is a lot to digest

yah, this is an intense amount of stuff to digest.  lets make this easy:  list of tables, list of changes, description of effect.
masterj

« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2012, 01:24:21 PM »

I'll try to sum up everything, but before that I really need your help in defining some variables to check if my logic is correct... Anyone's good with finding variables in memory using ida?

To completely be sure 100% I need someone to find addresses at least of these conditional variables (to 100% be sure of BBKHZ) (see attached file):
B_DSLA
B_FASLA [me7logger found]
B_KATFZ
B_KH [me7logger found]
B_KHA
B_KHAB [me7logger found]
B_KHLL [me7logger found]
B_KHLLE
B_KHLLMX
B_KHN
B_KW
B_LMSSLOF
B_MSLOFF [me7logger found]
B_SLPOFF [me7logger found]
B_SLSFZ
B_TRKH [me7logger found]

Additionally:
FKHAB
FLAKH [me7logger found]
FLAMKH
FMDKH [me7logger found]
IMLPR [me7logger found]
MLSU
NFSKH
NLLKH [me7logger found]

prj

« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2012, 01:26:28 PM »

I don't really see the point in this.
You can shut everything down setting a single bit, why bother changing a million variables that never ever will get accessed?

Log your car properly.
masterj

« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2012, 01:31:31 PM »

You can shut everything down setting a single bit, why bother changing a million variables that never ever will get accessed?

I started this to better understand logical schemes of FR. Also there are few things I want to do like fixing SAI -100% secondary air in VCDS and bunch of other things that we get when we zero out bits. Additionally I want to accelerate all the checks by setting their minimal active time to 0 Wink

gremlin

« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2012, 08:35:41 PM »

You mean bits in PROKON words?
Unfortunately FR and real life differs sometimes.
Try for example change bits in CWKONLS or CWKONABG according info from FR and you will see interesting side effects on some ECUs...  Smiley

phila_dot

« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2012, 05:52:37 AM »

Just to add some confirmation to the rear O2 code out, I just passed PA emissions inspection with flying colors with no rear O2 sensors.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: