Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26
Author Topic: Emissions delete and setting actual readiness  (Read 338444 times)
masterj

« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2012, 03:20:05 AM »

Just to add some confirmation to the rear O2 code out, I just passed PA emissions inspection with flying colors with no rear O2 sensors.

They didn't even bother to visually check? Cheesy lol

hipeka

« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2012, 05:13:49 AM »

You mean bits in PROKON words?
Unfortunately FR and real life differs sometimes.
Try for example change bits in CWKONLS or CWKONABG according info from FR and you will see interesting side effects on some ECUs...  Smiley

What side effects do you mean?
trichard3000

« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2012, 10:11:43 PM »

O2 sensor readiness would not finish without forcing the test with VCDS. The conditions to begin the test would never be fulfilled. ATVshould be disabled and it allows the primary sensor testing to complete on its own.

My CDLATV is stock, and I had no problems passing readiness w/o O2 sensors

Just a quick report on my experience with CDLATV...

Previously, I ran an OTS APR tune that still had the rear O2's enabled.  I was throwing Warm Up Catalyst/Efficiency Below Threshold codes all the time.  Lately I've been running the NOTORIOUS VR Stage 2++ file which has rear O2's coded out but has CDLATV left on.   

Inspection time rolled around and since I'd been running this file for ~750 miles, I was curious if readiness had set itself.  Both VCDS-lite and a cheap handheld ODB2 scanner showed the O2 test as fail/incomplete.

I then ran through all of the VCDS steps to force running the readiness tests.  The tests all came up clean and all the readiness bits were good, including the O2 one.  The car passed Missouri inspection with no issues.

I was curious about the CDLATV though so I turned it off on the next version that I flashed.  I cleared codes and checked about 50 miles later.  All of the tests had passed on their own, including the O2 one.  All readiness was clean. 

This supports that CDLATV should be turned off to allow the tests to complete in the most hands-off and natural way but with this left on, the ross-tech method still works.

My guess is that a few of us are running versions of the stage 2++ file.  If you are and have an inspection coming up, make sure that you check your readiness.  If O2 isn't setting you can zero out CDLATV or run the ross-tech steps. 
phila_dot

« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2012, 11:43:32 AM »

SRY* thresholds

I have been meaning to test and confirm this for a while now before posting, but I haven't gotten the opportunity and I don't see myself getting to it anytime soon, so I figured that I will post it up now.

After analyzing DIMC, it appears that readiness can be set regardless of error flags by setting the SRY* threshold to zero. With the threshold set to zero, the only requirement for readiness is for the cycle Z_* flags to be set. The error E_* flags will be ignored.

I can post up the M box locations of all the SRY* thresholds if anyone is interested.
imolasb5

« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2012, 09:45:30 AM »

SRY* thresholds

I have been meaning to test and confirm this for a while now before posting, but I haven't gotten the opportunity and I don't see myself getting to it anytime soon, so I figured that I will post it up now.

After analyzing DIMC, it appears that readiness can be set regardless of error flags by setting the SRY* threshold to zero. With the threshold set to zero, the only requirement for readiness is for the cycle Z_* flags to be set. The error E_* flags will be ignored.

I can post up the M box locations of all the SRY* thresholds if anyone is interested.

For sure. I can give it a shot this weekend and report back.
phila_dot

« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2012, 06:26:51 PM »

SRYAGR 0x810974 Threshold for Readiness formation EGR diagnosis (unused)
SRYHS   0x810975 Threshold for Readiness formation O2 sensor heating diagnosis (ready bit 6)
SRYKAT 0x810976 Threshold for Readiness formation catalyst diagnosis (ready bit 0)
SRYLS   0x810977 Threshold for Readiness formation lambda sensor diagnosis (ready bit 5)
SRYSLS 0x810978 Threshold for Readiness formation SAI diagnosis (ready bit 3)
SRYTES 0x810979 Threshold for Readiness formation canister purge diagnosis (ready bit 2)

ready bits 1,4, and 7 are not tested and automatic.

masterj

« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2012, 05:38:54 AM »

SRYAGR 0x810974 Threshold for Readiness formation EGR diagnosis (unused)
SRYHS   0x810975 Threshold for Readiness formation O2 sensor heating diagnosis (ready bit 6)
SRYKAT 0x810976 Threshold for Readiness formation catalyst diagnosis (ready bit 0)
SRYLS   0x810977 Threshold for Readiness formation lambda sensor diagnosis (ready bit 5)
SRYSLS 0x810978 Threshold for Readiness formation SAI diagnosis (ready bit 3)
SRYTES 0x810979 Threshold for Readiness formation canister purge diagnosis (ready bit 2)

ready bits 1,4, and 7 are not tested and automatic.

Thank you, very useful intel Smiley

masterj

« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2012, 08:39:33 AM »

BTW: Almost everyone now has disabled postcat o2, cat and sai... So, I want to ask you all if you found any downside to this? I mean, we disable error classes, readliness checks, but in the end diagnostic functions are still there and they set certain variables and ecu still knows that there are problems with these components (like missing post cat o2 sensor for example). Doesn't that mean that even we see no dtcs and readliness checks we still get emergency/secondary operation (same as just disconnecting components minus DTC)?

Does these zeroed out maps

CDKAT - Cat diagnosis in OBDII-Mode.
CWDLSAHK (0x18663) - Code word for probe aging after KAT[23]
CDHSH - Post cat O2 heater diagnosis
CDHSHE - Post cat O2 heater amplifier diagnosis
CDLATV - Lambda sensor aging diagnosis (tv) in OBDII-Mode (inverse: EURO-Mode)
CDLASH - Lambda sensor aging diagnosis (SHK) in OBDII-Mode (inverse: EURO-Mode)
CDLSH - Post cat O2 sensor diagnosis
CDLSHV - Lambda sensor sensor interchange recognition
CLAHSH - Error Class: Bank 1 post cat O2 sensor heater
CLAHSH2 - Error Class: Bank 2 post cat O2 sensor heater
CLAHSHE - Error Class: Bank 1 post cat O2 sensor heater amplifier
CLAHSHE2 - Error Class: Bank 2 post cat O2 sensor heater amplifier

actually prevent ecu from editing trims due to these non existant components (cat, postcat o2)?

phila_dot

« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2012, 09:07:42 AM »

BTW: Almost everyone now has disabled postcat o2, cat and sai... So, I want to ask you all if you found any downside to this? I mean, we disable error classes, readliness checks, but in the end diagnostic functions are still there and they set certain variables and ecu still knows that there are problems with these components (like missing post cat o2 sensor for example). Doesn't that mean that even we see no dtcs and readliness checks we still get emergency/secondary operation (same as just disconnecting components minus DTC)?

Does these zeroed out maps

CDKAT - Cat diagnosis in OBDII-Mode.
CWDLSAHK (0x18663) - Code word for probe aging after KAT[23]
CDHSH - Post cat O2 heater diagnosis
CDHSHE - Post cat O2 heater amplifier diagnosis
CDLATV - Lambda sensor aging diagnosis (tv) in OBDII-Mode (inverse: EURO-Mode)
CDLASH - Lambda sensor aging diagnosis (SHK) in OBDII-Mode (inverse: EURO-Mode)
CDLSH - Post cat O2 sensor diagnosis
CDLSHV - Lambda sensor sensor interchange recognition
CLAHSH - Error Class: Bank 1 post cat O2 sensor heater
CLAHSH2 - Error Class: Bank 2 post cat O2 sensor heater
CLAHSHE - Error Class: Bank 1 post cat O2 sensor heater amplifier
CLAHSHE2 - Error Class: Bank 2 post cat O2 sensor heater amplifier

actually prevent ecu from editing trims due to these non existant components (cat, postcat o2)?

The codewords shut down entire functions for project specific configuration, so they are there so that the same software can be used with/without certain components. The error classes shouldn't even be necessary because the actual diagnosis is shut down.

I have been meaning to take another look to confirm that we have everything outlined correctly, but I always get sidetracked into something elses and all signs are good on my car, so it isn't a very high priority atm.
masterj

« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2012, 12:12:29 PM »

Reason I'm asking this is because with everything done I can't pass readliness for Oxygen Sensors, unless I zero out both front and postcat sensors. Other problem is crazy front sensor control.... It feels like car is needing way more fuel, but front o2 doesn't enrich mixture. Even tried to disconnect MAF to eliminate this possibility but then car literally ran like shit (and before that even with disconnected MAF I could drive pretty good because my front o2 always seemed to work 100%). Right now I see only leaning procedure from front o2, very rarely going up to +5%. And my front sensor is brand new bosch (I even changed it because I thought that my o2 died).  One more thing: me7logger on idle shows me that AirFuelRatioCurrent is 0.75 that means it is dead basically (+-25% o2 limits)! Don't know what could be wrong...

I've attached some idle logs (don't know if I should try full throttle due to possible lean problem) and my bin and finally definition file... Would you care to take a look?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2012, 01:06:17 PM »

One more thing: me7logger on idle shows me that AirFuelRatioCurrent is 0.75 that means it is dead

btw, in ME7.1, improperly coding out EGTs when you don't have any plugged in results in req AFR .75

Could it be related to your problem?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
phila_dot

« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2012, 03:20:38 PM »

Have you changed CLRHK?

I set mine to 5 to disable post cat lambda control and reset atv.

Edit: glanced at your log on my phone...wtf is up with your rear O2 voltage!? Front sensor voltage looks ok and definitely not reporting 0.75 Lambda.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:25:17 PM by phila_dot » Logged
masterj

« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2012, 03:49:17 PM »

btw, in ME7.1, improperly coding out EGTs when you don't have any plugged in results in req AFR .75

Could it be related to your problem?

I have no EGT sensors... And looking from prokonal there were no EGT sensors originally too (this is converted ECU SW from 4B0906018DC). I've transfered most of the maps from old ecu sw but maybe there are more that could lead to 0.75 requesting? Which functions could lead to this AFR? Anyway to test which is responsible by disabling one by one?

masterj

« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2012, 03:53:55 PM »

Have you changed CLRHK?

I set mine to 5 to disable post cat lambda control and reset atv.

Edit: glanced at your log on my phone...wtf is up with your rear O2 voltage!? Front sensor voltage looks ok and definitely not reporting 0.75 Lambda.

lamsoni_w -> 0.75V
Also  mdverl_w is loosing torque even on idle...

Now about rear o2... Are you speaking about  ushk? Because it is completely disconnected...

I have no CLRHK only CLRSHK and I have tried to set it to 5 (originally it was set 16 (bit4 => 1)), but still nothing...

UPDATE: I dug deeper and found out that lamsoni is mainly set by lamsonb from GGLSU1 subfunction. Map responsible for this is LALIUS. Looks like I haven't copied over linearization from old soft...

I've looked into whole GGLSU function and copied over maps from old soft - the only few maps that were different:
CWGGLSU, KFBBLSU, FLAMPA and LALIUS Smiley

Gonna try new version now and report results... Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:18:07 PM by masterj » Logged

phila_dot

« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2012, 04:16:16 PM »

lamsoni_w -> 0.75V

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that lamsoni_w is actual lambda. LR on ME7.5 is governed by lamsoni_w vs lamsbg_w, no?

Also  mdverl_w is loosing torque even on idle...

Nothing to do with fueling and it was my understanding that mdverl_w will usually  be > 0. I've gone through MDVER, but I have not logged it yet.

Now about rear o2... Are you speaking about  ushk? Because it is completely disconnected...

Mine are disconnected and read 0.44v.

I have no CLRHK only CLRSHK and I have tried to set it to 5 (originally it was set 16 (bit4 => 1)), but still nothing...

CLRHK (ME7.1) == CLRSHK (ME7.5)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: