Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: expired revo trial  (Read 14095 times)
bazaa

« on: May 14, 2011, 02:21:21 PM »

here is a file that has been on a few tuning forums showing what still remains after a expired trial see what you think.
littco

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 03:06:53 PM »

here is a file that has been on a few tuning forums showing what still remains after a expired trial see what you think.

Heard the power is less than before they stuck the trial on!
bazaa

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 03:45:40 PM »

yes a lot of people have said that the power is down on standard making you thing their tune was better than it was.I think the point someone was making when they posted this is that even though you are told it will revert to the standard map in the text of the map it clearly still states its revo software if involved in an accident and the ecu checked an insurance company could refuse to pay out on the grounds that it has an undeclared remap.
the person who originally posted this i think was going to post the eeprom read but never did he said that this also had many changes ones related to the time limit of the map and where the extra mapping was located as i dont think if you compare this to an original the files are all in the same location.
Rick

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 04:35:32 PM »

How does the time limit work?
DJGonzo
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 04:54:15 PM »

I don't have a dump handy but if I recall correctly, its modified executable code PLUS adaptation values. When trial is over, the adaptation values go down.

Now for MED9, they do a WHOLE bunch of stuff to the ECU.

Ill try to source some dumps.
bazaa

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 05:04:33 PM »

they give a 5 hour trial so they some how must use a time stamp within the ecu maybe in the soic8,but I dont remember seeing anything with a time against it when using vcds these ecu's have so many built in functions maybe it tells you somewhere in the Bosch Me7 Documentation .? but I myself dont know !
carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 05:48:54 PM »

I keep reading this. Please, someone post some evidence. Common sense tells me that Revo are probably very sensitive to litigation. Systematic reduction in performance is very easy to prove, it doesn't seem likely to me.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 06:06:56 PM »

I keep reading this. Please, someone post some evidence. Common sense tells me that Revo are probably very sensitive to litigation. Systematic reduction in performance is very easy to prove, it doesn't seem likely to me.

never attribute to malice.....

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 06:24:44 PM »

I don't follow. :/
DJGonzo
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 06:54:56 PM »

No. Bottom line is you let them flash your ECU and you are at their mercy unless you ask to get reflashed back to stock.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 07:01:06 PM »

No. Bottom line is you let them flash your ECU and you are at their mercy unless you ask to get reflashed back to stock.

Which brings us to

1) is it provably worse than stock
2) if so, is it worse than stock due to malice or ...

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
bazaa

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 06:28:47 AM »

this is revo's faq to the free trial
http://www.revotechnik.com/index.php?mod=free_trial_faq
I do remember seeing some  logs after their trial and they said it was the midrange power that was lower afterwards not all through the range this was on checksumm.com but cant access it now pro tuners only!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 11:18:47 AM »

checksumm.com

lulz

pro tuners only!

lulz x2

What a worthless bunch of asshats.

ECUx Plot

jibberjive

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 03:01:52 AM »

I don't follow. :/

He's saying malicious intent is different, when it comes to litigation.
carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 06:18:29 AM »

Now I follow Smiley

I can't imagine there is a malicious reduction in power from stock. The potential size of class action is immense, plus I don't like to think of any organisation as that unethical.

Could it be that Revo has carefully matched the reverted power back to "stock levels", but they can't easily revert *all* the characteristics that affect response 100% back to stock so there is a detectable difference in delivery?

My only interest in this is digging through the nonsense to find out some facts.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: