Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 00 S4 Single turbo Build  (Read 6743 times)
polakmike

« on: June 16, 2014, 04:43:42 PM »

Hey everyone just wanted to share my single turbo build on my 2000 Audi s4.
A lot of my information is based on other peoples finding and threads so thank you all for that! And a huge huge thank you to my friend who helped me with lots of the work. And also to my machinist friend who made lots of the parts for me.

Before STK. The car was full stage 3+ built. I pulled it all apart a year ago because my first gear was making some nasty noises after hard launches at the track. This is what I found.

After a long time of the car sitting there my buddy convinced me to go single turbo.
And here's the journey.

-Precision HP6262 turbo
-H-beam forged rods
-44mm Tial wastegate.
-Tial BOV
-Injector Dynamics 750cc
-Ferrea Exhaust valves.
-Supertech valves.
- Treadstone 666hp intercooler
-2.8 ceramic coated exhaust manis
-2.8 heads
-custom up pipes 2"
-custom down pipe 3.5"
-custom exhaust 3.5" - 3"
-custom intercooler piping
-custom turbo brace

Right now I'm stuck at the tuning stage, Ive been reading as much as I can but like others said its very overwhelming. 

That's all I can think of for now. Here's some pics of my setup

As you can see a valve dropped at some point before I ever owned it. My friend had a spare motor and he gave me the pistons out of it.

Version 1

Version 2
There was 2 more revisions of the up pipes. I level the turbo more and moved it around because it hit the firewall.

one of the many many times the motor went in and came out. Id say probably well over 20 times. Some days it went in and out 3-4 times a day.

turbo brace

« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 05:07:41 PM by polakmike » Logged
polakmike

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 05:05:02 PM »

http://youtu.be/EgxYRPKFq78

This was the first start up after a long day of problems.  First the battery was to dead to crank it more then a couple times, then I wasn't getting any oil pressure at the turbo for the longest time and then my fuel pump wasn't priming the system. Finally a wire was out from my ECU and the car would start and shut off right away.
Anyways it runs
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 05:10:50 PM by polakmike » Logged
polakmike

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 02:37:17 PM »

Trying to wrap my brain around the tuning process is ridiculous but I'm grateful for all the information on here.
It doesnt help that I have the youtube video of Britishturbo doing a 10s @134mph pass in one of my tabs on repeat.

This is what I have right now..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: