Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Early 1.8T ME7.5 flash problems  (Read 5414 times)
curamrdan

« on: June 15, 2014, 07:49:52 AM »

Hi, i tried to flash friends A3 1.8t with MPPS and it failed during process(screen included).
I still manage to start a car. I can read a flash, showing that around second half of file is not reflashed.
I think it can be problem with some 512/1024k file structure, as this is early 1024k. Also ME7check show some warning about this, comparing with octavia 1024k - no warning file which i made and flashed some months ago(screen inclued).

I tried use nefmoto with cheap blue cable, work nice, quick init, fast read("29f800" layout). But write errored just at half file, due not able to erase memory(i clicked NO until end, to complete write).
Read from nefmoto is same just before write and after, also as MPPS read after it fail.

I dont know it is due faulty MPPS cable, or memory problem - i was scared to allow nefmoto full erasing.
Now i can connect VCDS but after few second it lost connection and connect back randomly for a brief second. During this i can listen some relay clicking around dashboard.

all screens included.
k0mpresd

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 07:58:15 AM »

032as is 512kb according to this ori.
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 08:00:44 AM »

Just because you read the file out doubled doesn't mean it should be. That is a 512kb file.

When in doubt, browse to 7FFFF.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
curamrdan

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 09:35:22 AM »

Oops, noob fail.  MPPS read 1024k and im just see 032 name and scrolled to the end of file to brief check if read was succesfull.

So, i remake file to 512k and go to nefmoto to flash. I must choosed memory layout 29f400 to have write button active when new file loaded. Get warning message, that memory layout is proprably wrong, but i continued otherwise. Flashed ok (but seem to start writting from 80000h memory adress, i dont know these details if its right).

But not much changed. eg still have connection problems in VCDS, connect immediately ok, but after few sec disconnet and after 10-20sec recieving message of too many com problems. Before it work ok .
Ecu info in nefmoto show some ugly marking after bin version, i think its normal?
So i probably something screwed?

EDIT: VCDS still do not work, but VCDS lite with blue cable, and another universal diagnostic tool  work ok, so assuming as everything is ok. Thread can be deleted.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 11:56:29 AM by curamrdan » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 04:09:23 PM »

i dont know if this is known but you can easily read a 512kb file with mpps with the generic and select 512

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
stahlg

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 06:10:03 PM »

I think u have Problems with the k-line in early me7.5 like my Audi s3. Try to pull out dash fuse or try a separate k-line wire to the ecu.
_nameless

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 04:27:19 AM »

I think u have Problems with the k-line in early me7.5 like my Audi s3. Try to pull out dash fuse or try a separate k-line wire to the ecu.
best thing I can recommend is remove the ecu and bench flash

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: