Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Monoscan to read bin pre ME7?  (Read 9226 times)
rob.mwpropane

« on: May 17, 2011, 05:28:41 PM »

I have read alot, and I see that for older ecu... pre ME7, that some claim to have been able to read using monoscan. I have a ross tech cable that I tried using briefly with monoscan to no avail. Do I need a different cable? And can monoscan be used to do what I'm looking to do? I have a chipped b5 a4 that I would love to compare to a stock version, same bin, which I found on another site. Thanks in advance, I have read alot, but it seems some posts say you can read, others say only write.... hence my confusion... Thanks again.

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
20VTMK1

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 06:04:58 AM »

Rob ,

Did you get around this ? Is it coz we are using the new or newish spec of ross tech cable ?

I have the same issue , even if i uncheck the itelli boot mode
pvl

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 06:16:04 AM »

Guys,

I suggest you both  google 'monoscan'.

I had success with M3.8.X ecu's with this fantasic program and a KKL dongle.

Cheers,

PvL
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 04:33:17 AM »

Rob ,

Did you get around this ? Is it coz we are using the new or newish spec of ross tech cable ?

I have the same issue , even if i uncheck the itelli boot mode

To tell you the truth I ditched my ideas with monoscan and playing with ME3.8.3-5.9.2 for ME7. I bought a 2001 A4 for dirt cheap. I could never get it to work, not saying that it won't. The easiest way I found was to get a programmer to read the chip, and buy MPPS clone from eBay capable of writing to the chip via OBDII. I never got around to doing either. There just wasn't enough info at the time to tune earlier vag cars (for me). I did however become quite good at soldering/desoldering;) hope that helps some.

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
20VTMK1

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 10:53:30 PM »

To tell you the truth I ditched my ideas with monoscan and playing with ME3.8.3-5.9.2 for ME7. I bought a 2001 A4 for dirt cheap. I could never get it to work, not saying that it won't. The easiest way I found was to get a programmer to read the chip, and buy MPPS clone from eBay capable of writing to the chip via OBDII. I never got around to doing either. There just wasn't enough info at the time to tune earlier vag cars (for me). I did however become quite good at soldering/desoldering;) hope that helps some.

Rob , Lol.. seems like we both sailed the same path ... My SMD skills are champ right now
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: