Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best way to flash me7.5  (Read 10826 times)
4ringpieces

« on: June 30, 2014, 03:42:18 AM »

Ok guys

I've got mpps 13 and
Genuine vcds cable

Now when I read out with mpps it took like 10mins to get a 2mb file.

Read I can use my vcds cable in dumb mode to flash with nefmoto?

But unsure of the memory layout and don't really want to remove the ecu to find out the memory layout required.

Concerned about mpps as it took so long to read out. is this normal for the size of file? Will it be shorter when writing?

Ecu is 8n0906018cb on 225 TT BAM engine
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 04:17:36 AM »

the file should be 1024 kbytes for a BAM ME7.5 file Smiley

WIth nefmoto and VCDS in dumbmode it should take 3 minutes. You should choose the 800BB layout it should be fine Smiley
Also yes , @ normal read MPPS is about 8-10 minutes ,nefmoto is much faster

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
4ringpieces

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 05:21:47 AM »

Ahh thanks I'll check file size later tonight

is there a guide to the memory layouts vs part numbers?

Mpps did scare me as it does my edc15 in 2mins 30/40 seconds, I wasn't expecting a 10 min read out

Do you know how long should mpps take to write the file?

Obviously with me knowing my mpps works fine with my diesel, I'm a bit nervous changing and using vcds cable n nefmoto for the first time on this as I don't have a spare ecu to hand ATM
4ringpieces

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 01:43:02 PM »

Hmm mpps read a 1mb file.

Tried using my vcds cable out of intelligent mode with nefmoto and it wouldn't read on any 800 memory layout? Kept saying failed

Now I'm a bit nervous as the car didn't start afterwards but when I turned the ignition on and off it started straight up no faults in the ecu memory

Might just buy a proper mpps and have no problems
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 04:15:40 PM »

try to lowering speed after nefmoto connects to the ecu
4ringpieces

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 03:12:18 AM »

Ordered a genuine mpps now Smiley
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 11:08:50 AM »

I have genuine MPPS and it is the best value for money tool for me.
You can force it to read/write in case you can`t read it otherwise (no need to pull fuses too)

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
4ringpieces

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 11:22:10 AM »

I haven't brought the tricore add on yet, demand will dictate if I need it.

Having used the mpps clone flawlessly on old ecus.  it made me want the genuine unit and newest software for the newer ecus without running into problems

Hopefully it turns up before the weekend so I can start learning me7.5 and then move onwards where demand requires it
eliotroyano

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 12:45:25 PM »

I have genuine MPPS and it is the best value for money tool for me.
You can force it to read/write in case you can`t read it otherwise (no need to pull fuses too)

Can you elaborate a little how to do that with MPPS on Bench? I have tested with a ME7.5 ecu, trying to cloning it, and it gets in some type of loop turn off ecu turn on ecu ....... and so on. I can write just with same flash software type, but checking checksumm before flashing in it.

I want to prepare an 06A906032NL ME7.5 ECU as a clone of a 06A906032HP. Some advice how to do it will be great. I have 95040 and 29F800BB dumps of both ECUs.
ddillenger

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 12:47:47 PM »

Can you elaborate a little how to do that with MPPS on Bench? I have tested with a ME7.5 ecu, trying to cloning it, and it gets in some type of loop turn off ecu turn on ecu ....... and so on. I can write just with same flash software type, but checking checksumm before flashing in it.

I want to prepare an 06A906032NL ME7.5 ECU as a clone of a 06A906032HP. Some advice how to do it will be great. I have 95040 and 29F800BB dumps of both ECUs.

MPPS does not like changing software versions. It will likely not respond after the flash.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
eliotroyano

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 01:11:57 PM »

MPPS does not like changing software versions. It will likely not respond after the flash.

But MPPS could recover a bricked ECU or not??? I ask because I have seen some info around the net about that, something like using MPPS in Boot mode. I don't know if MPPS force Boot Mode when it ask us for ignition ON-OFF-ON cycling.

In case of cloning an ECU please correct me, Nefmoto can not help me because can not do it in boot mode, only Galletto can do it??? right???

ddillenger

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 02:45:23 PM »

But MPPS could recover a bricked ECU or not??? I ask because I have seen some info around the net about that, something like using MPPS in Boot mode. I don't know if MPPS force Boot Mode when it ask us for ignition ON-OFF-ON cycling.

In case of cloning an ECU please correct me, Nefmoto can not help me because can not do it in boot mode, only Galletto can do it??? right???

Bootmode cannot be forced, it is a function of the processor. It must be physically put into bootmode. It cannot be done with software.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: