Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clarification of planned software versus past software...  (Read 7860 times)
thenextdon13

« on: October 09, 2009, 08:08:41 PM »

Tony-

Could you clarify the focus of your future planned pay-for tuning suite, your future free ecu communication tool, and the other softwares that folks have been using to modify their ECU code?

For example-
The older software folks have been using is used to remove a bit-by-bit image of memory from the controler (sometimes required to be in boot mode), where they then, using a lot of knowledge and expertise, modify this file and upload to the controller at a later point (again sometimes boot mode required.).

The planned free version from what you have mentioned is to take the place of this type of program, which have traditionally (from other companies) been for pay, correct?  Does it host any additional features, such as helping folks find the right maps, having definitions from the software in it, etc?

The planned for pay version is supposed to be a huge upgrade from this, as i understand it-- is this by allowing real-time changes to the tune, by helping the user even more identify what tables are required to be changed, or ??

Hopefully this question isn't too early in the development of things, want to get the ideas of the different things sorted out and laid out.

thanks
Camden
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 11:29:07 AM »

Sorry for the slow response, but here ya go. Cheesy

Right now the plan is to release a free tool to allow people to flash ME7 engine computers. This tool won't allow you to edit maps, or update checksums, just flash. This tool will flash faster than all of the commonly available sub $50 tools. The expectation is you will use your own cable with this software.

After this I hope to release some other simple free tools for people to get started tuning the ME7, but who don't want to commit to spending a lot of money on something they aren't sure they want to do. These simple free tools will be used to refine the backend of my software, and determine what tools people want, without spending a lot time implementing complicated user interfaces for huge integrated tuning suites.

Some of these future free tools may include: map editing, checksum validation, checksum correction, and data logging. I would like to give people enough to get started with tuning the ME7, but not so much as to have them not want to pay for more advanced features. I do hope to provide enough free tools that the beginner getting started with ME7 tuning, can use only software written by me to get the job done, and not have to use bunch of different tools duct taped together.

The long term plan for setting the NefMoto tools apart from other tools is to allow realtime editing while the car is running. This realtime editing will be assisted by data logging, allowing features such as highlighting the active cells of individual maps. This will all be packaged into a unified editing/logging/realtime tuning package requiring a lot of user interface development time on my side.

Does that answer your questions? Let me know if you want any more info.

PS: I'm hoping to release the free flashing tool in the next week or so. Cheesy

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
thenextdon13

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 03:11:45 PM »

Tony-

Perfect, thanks Smiley  Will put into doc and hopefully this weekend start building a framwork/tree on the wiki.

If you have a chance .. i know its bad to cross-post and that you are busy, but i was hoping for some comment on the following thread-- which i did not title very well:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=64.0

Again, thanks for the explanation of software plans.

take care..
Camden
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: