Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Constant "SYSTEM NOT OK" error when trying to recode skc  (Read 16311 times)
rand0mher0

« on: June 30, 2014, 05:55:15 PM »

I have a 2005 MK4 Jetta 2.0 and am trying to install an MFA gauge cluster out of a 2005 GLI. So they're both imm3. I have the SKC off of both clusters. I got everything for the MFA wired properly, but it's just the programming I'm having issues with. We're using a registered version of VCDS-lite with an ebay cable.

When the new cluster is installed and I go to 17 - Instruments, it let's me log in just fine with the new cluster SKC (0xxxx). But it won't let me do anything past that. The immobilizer light will continue blinking after I log into the cluster, then I go to Channel 50 and everything seems normal and I can enter the old SKC to try to adapt the cluster to it. But when I click "Do It!" it just comes back with an error "SYSTEM NOT OK". It won't let me program the soft coding from the old cluster either. The old clusters soft coding was 15232 and the new one is 15230. Any time I try to recode to 15232 it seems to go through with no errors but when the Instrument page reloads it still shows the old soft coding. Nothing seems to go through on the cluster and I can't understand why.

I read on one guide to check the cluster for fault codes, and to clear them, but a immobilizer code should always come back. I remember an immobilizer code when I first checked codes but it never came back and it still hasn't come back...

This is what it looks like when I check measuring blocks 23 & 24. As well as the error I get when trying to program the SKC. Notice the immobilizer status is at 6. I was told it should be at 4. Looking at (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/car...ng-blocks.html) they say 6 means it's operating as normal and the immobilizer has been adapted? It's always at 6 whether I'm logged into the cluster or not.

I have the EEPROM dumps off of both clusters, I saw somewhere that someone was able to transfer his key/immo/skc/vin from the old eeprom to the new one? Is that easily do able?

I need some insight so someone please help cause I have no idea why this isn't working lol, sorry for the long post but I tried to be as descriptive as possible lol. I'm wondering if it's because I'm trying to program a 1.8t cluster to a 2.0 car?
turboat

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 07:06:34 PM »

Is your ecu immo off'd? I think that will stop this adaptation working.
rand0mher0

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 07:27:45 PM »

No it isn't everything is as is from the factory on the ECU. When I put the new cluster in and turn the key to the on position the "Immo. Activated" message comes up on the MFA screen. I thought recoding the SKC on the cluster followed by adapting my keys to the cluster would take care of that? Obviously if my immobilizer was defeated on the ECU I wouldn't be having this problem, but I'm trying not to do that for now, haha.
k0mpresd

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 07:50:47 PM »

ive had mk4 clusters that wouldnt adapt for no other reason than they just wanted to tell me to fuck off, system not ok. ive always just cloned the e2p in that situation.
you can transfer immo data from one to the other. probably the best solution in your situation.
f1torrents

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 08:25:39 PM »

Go into the CANBUS module.

put in the coding from the original cluster. If its the same you still have to re-do it. Don't just leave it. Actually re type it in and press do it.
Then do the adaptation.
recoding the canbus always allows me to adapt a GLI/GTI cluster to a lesser model car.
rand0mher0

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 04:21:55 AM »

ive had mk4 clusters that wouldnt adapt for no other reason than they just wanted to tell me to fuck off, system not ok. ive always just cloned the e2p in that situation.
you can transfer immo data from one to the other. probably the best solution in your situation.
And how would I go about doing that? I'm clueless as to what I'm looking for in the eeprom or how to modify it, haha. I just have the files.

Go into the CANBUS module.

put in the coding from the original cluster. If its the same you still have to re-do it. Don't just leave it. Actually re type it in and press do it.
Then do the adaptation.
recoding the canbus always allows me to adapt a GLI/GTI cluster to a lesser model car.

I should've mentioned that I did that first. The guide I was following said to go in there and recode it to 00006, which I did. And that didn't make a difference at all.
f1torrents

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 05:01:33 AM »

Post both files.
rand0mher0

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 10:21:15 AM »

Stock non mfa cluster: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhl085l0v75y543/Stock%20Original.bin

MFA Cluster: https://www.dropbox.com/s/78n8wfl2i4mg9p0/MFA%20Original.bin
f1torrents

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 12:15:27 PM »

Let me know.
Did this while going out the door.
rand0mher0

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 01:59:05 PM »

Thank you! Reflashed the cluster and then reset the ecu and worked immediately!
f1torrents

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 02:12:58 PM »

Your welcome
turboat

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 08:35:29 AM »

F1torrents - what did you do here? Set the SKC/Vin/Immo ID in the new cluster to the same as in the old cluster? is there other magic required?

I've got the same issue trying to adapt an octavia vrs cluster onto a leon AUQ ecu
automan001

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 12:41:26 AM »

what did you do here? Set the SKC/Vin/Immo ID in the new cluster to the same as in the old cluster? is there other magic required?
It's easy, just compare old and new fixed bin. He has moved Car Key Codes, Immo ID, Immo Code, Vin, SKC, Mileage
turboat

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 02:31:09 AM »

Sorry, should have thought to diff the files. Thanks automan!

*feeling dumb*
digitalhippie

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 08:38:21 AM »

« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 07:28:27 AM by digitalhippie » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: