Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Can't hit even 1bar of boost...  (Read 46218 times)
masterj

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2012, 10:12:52 AM »

actually that doesn't look bad. it's capped at 95% where it is supposed to be. The D term is a BIT aggressive, but not bad (it is pulling wg a bit early) if you look at the pressure deviation when it starts cutting.

Not sure, but you could numb BTS a bit.

Maybe you know what variables could I log to find out what could be the cause of high egts?

P.S> I thought that wastegate dc should be as low as possible to make turbo spool up faster...

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2012, 10:24:26 AM »

HIGH WGDC means more pressure diverted from the wastegate actuator, which means wg closed
LOW WGDC means less pressure diverted from the wastegate actuator, which means wg open

your calc EGTs aren't that high, imo. Just numb BTS a bit and you'll be fine.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
masterj

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2012, 11:10:38 AM »

HIGH WGDC means more pressure diverted from the wastegate actuator, which means wg closed
LOW WGDC means less pressure diverted from the wastegate actuator, which means wg open

your calc EGTs aren't that high, imo. Just numb BTS a bit and you'll be fine.

Oh snap, I've mixed them up Smiley thanks for clarification...
Also, what do you think about overall timing? I feel really big drop of torque in low rpm range and whole timing doesn't even reach stock values...

And one last question: If you open my csv log, you'll see that my requested engine load is never reached by actual load, but boost reaches calculated values (190 torque = 1200mbar of boost). Actual load hardly reaches 180. Is this normal?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2012, 11:19:49 AM »

Also, what do you think about overall timing? I feel really big drop of torque in low rpm range and whole timing doesn't even reach stock values...

You have zero timing correction at peak load. Increase requested timing until you see some correction.

And one last question: If you open my csv log, you'll see that my requested engine load is never reached by actual load, but boost reaches calculated values (190 torque = 1200mbar of boost). Actual load hardly reaches 180. Is this normal?

Its only not normal if your actual is *really* far off, which it doesn't appear to be.

If your intake setup is stock, don't worry about it.

If not, you could raise your g/sec a bit if you like. be advised, though, if you change load around, all sorts of things might change, and you might have to start tuning from scratch (particularly fueling and timing)

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
masterj

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2012, 11:20:53 AM »

I've tried to advance ignition angle a little bit, but am getting bad results. Even on very low load I'm getting knocks for some unknown reason.
Knocks start around 2000RPM. KFZW/2 aren't crazy either... Any ideas? Maybe my knock sensors are dying?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2012, 02:27:51 PM »

Thats fine.

ECUx Plot

carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2012, 02:41:06 PM »

Thats fine.

With respect, hitting -12 knock retard is pretty far from fine.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2012, 03:31:08 PM »

I meant at 2krpm. Wasn't looking at the rest. screen wasn't wide enough Sad

The s4wiki advises single digit CFs.

In any case, this isn't something strange.

Just pull more timing after 3k, leave 2k timing alone.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:32:56 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

masterj

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2012, 04:38:59 AM »

I meant at 2krpm. Wasn't looking at the rest. screen wasn't wide enough Sad

The s4wiki advises single digit CFs.

In any case, this isn't something strange.

Just pull more timing after 3k, leave 2k timing alone.

2800-7000 rpm my timing is retarded 12 degrees, even though my ignition angle isn't advanced THAT MUCH. Either knocks sensor i freaking out or there's fueling problem...

carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2012, 04:58:45 AM »

Maybe flash back to stock and log CF as well as knock voltages to rule out the sensors.
masterj

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2012, 09:58:46 AM »

Found a problem... sort of. My AFR goes lean on part throttle/wot. On idle it is OK, but if RPM > 1500, then it goes lean. I don't know why, but temporarily fixed it by changing FKKVS +0.25 across the table.

I'm intereted in why I have to make such a huge adjustment to fueling... Maybe there's some unmetered air is comming through somewhere?

Also, for a 340cc injectors with code 0280156023 I calculate KRKTE about 0.06582 (1.8T engine). Now with this value car even wouldn't start. For the proper idle I have to use 0.10571. And that is a very big differece! Maybe my KRKTE calculations are wrong?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:01:13 AM by masterj » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: