Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: How to bench read & flash your 1.8t ECU with nefmoto  (Read 33170 times)
TheCream

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2016, 04:10:22 PM »

I do not have immo off or paired key/cluster. I'm not 100% sure if I am getting my ecu in boot mode or not. do you ground pin 24 on the ecu harness to ground or do you ground the 2 pins on the 2nd post(on the reading/writing/cloning your immobilizer thread) together? Because to me on the picture it looks like there is a trace running from the chip to the pad that says flash eeprom and that stumps me. also. if I power up pin 121, I get the above garbage. if I don't power up pin 121, it says reading flash memory, and it stays that way for 15-20+ minutes with no change to the status bar or anything.

I am trying to get this sorted out before next Saturday as I had planned on going on a car meet cruise to the coast...any help is greatly appreciated!
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 05:59:13 PM »

so youve got an "immo warning" msg window and still asking whats wrong? are you serious?
TheCream

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 07:50:22 PM »

YAH, I have no idea why I am having an IMMO issue ON THE BENCH, with 2 different ECU's.

turboat

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2016, 02:47:35 AM »

The immobiliser in the ECU is stopping nef from talking to it.

You need to do an immo off to the ecu, by reading the eeprom contents using argdub's tool, changing the immo setting, the writing it back in bootmode using argdub's tool.

Then nef should work. If it's a 1.8t ecu, you need pin 121.
TheCream

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2016, 05:02:14 PM »

It is a 1.8T ecu. I can't get my laptop to see COM ports in the Device Manager, even though I have the current VCP drivers installed from Ross-Tech. It only reads usb, and I read all 41 pages of the ME7_95040 EEPROM Programmer, and from what I read, ArgDub's tool only works on COM ports. I've scoured the internet to no avail. I'm drawing a blank. I also dug out an old Desktop PC and I am having issues getting these old SATA II hard drives to boot windows....frustrating. Windows boots  now, but the keyboard and mouse don't work(USB)....WTH!!!
TheCream

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2016, 05:57:23 PM »

Figured it out...successfully read an EEPROM image...I wasn't searching in the right spot for the VCP drivers and got them installed. now to IMMO off this damn ecu and see what I can do next...still need a clean stock RN file to flash onto this ECU..
dclifford40

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2019, 07:35:42 AM »

@TheCream - assume it's not working and you need help? I think your issue is the "immobiliser not authenticated". Do an immo off or read/write the Ecu in the car (if you have the immo parts fitted and a paired key).

Im getting the same errors with different numbers of course,
I have the ECU and paired key,,cluster is not original and messing up the whole thing.
Going to try with the fuse for the cluster pulled
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: