Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EO5 vs Gt28 vs Blaast stage 2 hybrid  (Read 5862 times)
_nameless

« on: July 06, 2014, 04:24:38 PM »

I have used Blaast stage 2 turbo before has a 45mm wheel and on a 2004 gli dyno is in the low 300s... gt28 would produce around the same... but what about a E05? I was reading some older forms bad stumbled across a tread mentioning it. once i found that it was a bolt on hybrid I wanted to find some specs... found a bunch of conflicting evidence most are listed as  -001 or -015 and another forum said the wheel is 50mm? Anyone know about this hybrid?
thanks
marty

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
coreyj03

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 09:23:45 PM »

e05 had problems with breaking the shaft and is old news... there are much better turbos out there now.  blaaast turbos in my experience are very well built.  i have a blaaast stage3 on my tdi and it is fantastic.  he machines the exhaust housings and to fit larger turbines and sometimes uses different compressor housings then machines them also to fit even larger compressors.  i would either recommend blaast or for a little more money frankenturbo f23 .  i was a beta tester for frankenturbo on my b5 s4 and they were quality turbos  with minor issues that the beta testing worked out. so the current versions are perfect with even more power.
eliotroyano

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 06:25:58 AM »

Just a question? I want to modify a K03 turbo, but really don't want to touch it housings. Then from your experience can I use bigger turbine/compressor wheels in the turbo? I can go from K03 to K03S or K04 changing just it internals?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: