Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What tool you use to flash?  (Read 23699 times)
ArgDub

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 08:00:33 PM »

Galletto uses FTDI's FT232R chip so maybe this can help you: FTDI_Drivers_Installation_Guide_for_WindowsXP

I think first you must uninstall the drivers that you installed previously in the Device Manager and then install a updated driver version here.

I have not tried it myself because galletto 1226 works plug and play in vista, so Good Luck.

audi_skydiver

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 08:18:51 PM »

That would be why mine isn't working... I was trying to use my cable which uses the 232BL chip. Not the R chip....

Guess I will just wait for Tony's program... Anyone know how long till its out? (Im not impatient... just really want to get to tuning! Smiley

Josh
iznogoud

Learning junkie

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 08:38:13 PM »

Negative, sir. I glanced through the document and then followed your link for updated WinXP drivers. Uninstalled the old ones I had on the laptop and used the EXE in the link to update. Tested functionality of the cable with the new drivers with wbh-diag and all is fine. The driver may actually work a little better too.

But Galletto still gives "Opening Port Impossible' and that is it. I tried using the COM14 port where the driver first installed the COM port after instaalling the new drivers but that did not work. I reverted back to COM1 which is what makes VAG-COM and wbh-diag work fine. Galletto does not like either of them.

I may not have the right FTDI cable that Galletto needs, but I doubt it. Everything else works over it, and since it is nothing more than a serial port over USB, I do not see how a different cable would be any different. But what do I know.

Something that may help is knowing which COM port Galletto is trying to access. I tried an "strace" of the executable but failed. Strace is the system trace under linux, and since I have Cygwin for using a linux environment over WinXP I tried that. There is no output that is produced from strace, so that did not help. Is there anything equivalent to that for WInXP that I can try?

Audi S4 B5 2000 6sp Cactus Green
Audi A4 B6 Avant 1.8T 2001.5 5sp Santorin Blue
ArgDub

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 01:22:59 PM »

Josh, the driver I gave you works for all FTDI chips.

Iznogoud, you can test communication with the FT232xx using FT_PROG

This is the eeprom dump from my galletto (ver. 1260)

I think Galletto seeks specific (vendor id, product id, product description, serial number), maybe your dump is corrupted or missing.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 01:37:53 PM by ArgDub » Logged
iznogoud

Learning junkie

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 08:40:25 AM »

Crap, this is an uphill battle for me...

I downloaded straight the FT_PROG.zip and dropped it in the real (not virtual) WinXP. The two applications that are in there fail to initialize and simply do not run after they have been extracted with all the contents of the zip file. I also went to the following "Resources" link, which is probably where you went to fetch that zip file, but could not find anything relevant, icluding that zip file.

Linky Clicky

On the up side, I found a link to somebody's POSIX serial programming document and realized that I may be doing something wrong in my serial port initialization when I try to connect to the ECU with my homebrewd linux software. So, thanks for that!

Still at a loss with Galletto.

Audi S4 B5 2000 6sp Cactus Green
Audi A4 B6 Avant 1.8T 2001.5 5sp Santorin Blue
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: