Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Rev-hang?  (Read 10548 times)
engine_nerd

« on: July 17, 2014, 10:38:53 PM »

Hi guys- I'm struggling a bit to figure this one out so perhaps someone can point me in the right direction. I've been tuning a VW 2.5L- No issues with power tuning and so forth. The main issue is what people call rev-hang. This calibration (both the ME7 and ME17 versions) holds rpm's high for a second or two after clutch in, then they only fall slowly.

I have heard this is part of the ARMD function. The main issue there is that the damos I have for ME7 at least, is far different for most of the ARMD stuff then the production files I have. We have been able to find and test KFDMDARO and so forth, because they are large... 99'ing this entire map doesn't eliminate the hang, it's possible these limits are only in effect when the engine is in gear.

Some of the smaller variables like TVARS - winols translated: delay time for ar back inactive: sound promising, but I've been unable to locate them. I've already eliminated the basics, making sure the low pedal % columns of KFPED, and low torque columns of KFMIRL do not request much (even tested 0...) load.

Alternatively, I have seen some discussion that this is handled through the idle control functions like LLRMR, LLRNSF, etc- my hang up here is that I haven't located much / any maps which go up to high rpm- most stuff here stops at 1800 on these files.

Instinctively, I feel I should be looking for something with almost a timer / delay time aspect. No luck as of yet though. Any help much appreciated and I would even be willing to pay for a fix / info if needed.
Rick

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 02:01:49 PM »

how long is your rev hang?
phila_dot

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 04:26:51 PM »

Is this during overrun?

Are you getting fuel cut?

Hitting TEMIN?
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 05:25:53 PM »

Is this during overrun?

Are you getting fuel cut?

Hitting TEMIN?

I think this is done by design for some reason. Every 07K I've ever seen does it.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
240sxpooter

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 09:00:29 AM »

I would look into some of these modules:
BBSAFG
BGRLMIN
MDVERMOT
ZWMIN

engine_nerd

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 06:52:33 PM »

Its on over-run, only with the clutch in. Believe it or not, it hangs for a whopping 4 seconds at whatever RPM you put the clutch in on- if you coast.

There is one OE Calibration which does not do this timer style delay. However, even on that file, the throttle never closes further then around 15% until you get down below 2k rpm, so rpm's fall slowly.

I will check into those modules- been thinking it was ARMD- cannot find the CWARMD on this file or even TVAR or other ways of canning it.

In idle, it revs up and down freely. On the Damos I've got, that's interesting because ARMD is active after ~3kph. Of course, I can't find that variable either. The ARMD section is totally different and nothing matches up except for KFMDARO  (large maps).
engine_nerd

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 05:43:37 PM »

BGRLMIN is the ticket here folks. Wink

Big thanks to 240sxpooter above.
cbyriel

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 01:22:07 PM »

Hi Guys i have this problem as well, and i must admit i am still very new into this, i have been looking into the BRGLMIN module, as suggested, and i cant seem to figure out more precisely what the relation here is, could anyone give me a hint to on how to proceed, maybe on what more specific i would need to look at:

KFTLMNSCH
RLMNHMM
RLMNHOS
RLMNSKH
KFRLLIM
KFRLMN
KFRLMNSAKT
KFRMNSAN

would be one of those, right?

Thanks for your kind advice / pointer in the right direction

prj

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 08:10:37 AM »

ARMD has nothing to do with it.

You need to log and not ask for random maps, you will never solve it this way.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Dave9n3

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 03:50:10 AM »

May be a silly suggestion but are you sure the clutch switch is working? totally different car but mine is a 1.8t and i was experiencing this rev hang when my clutch switch was broken (also my cruise control wouldn't work)

You should be able to check it with VCDS, mine stored a code but no warning lights were present.
markpowell35

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 05:55:51 AM »

as Dave said clutch switch..if mines unplugged in or not working..it does exactly as you describe in top post..easy to test if you have cruise control or vcds Smiley
cbyriel

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 07:13:54 PM »

Hi Guys,

okay so i am stille struggeling with this.  It's not clutch switch.  and it occurs only during overrun, and becomes very noticable with züd min angle set.      so there is an issue, and i think it is related to the BRGLMIN module, as 240sxpooter suggested, however after hours of reading and trying to figure this module out, i am not really clear enough on the issue to figure out IF it is related to this module and if it is, what map to look into.    Seems like it could very well be related to minimum airflow calculation ....   

could anyone give me a pointer on how to approch this problem, i would like to log first to analyze the problem, but i dont even know where to start with this, as i have no clue wether it's throttle-body related or something completely differnt.

hope any of you guys could throw me a bone here.

MED9.1 ECU
prj

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 06:52:13 AM »

Make custom MVB's and log all of the variables through that.
There are a lot of things that will cause this and there is no magic bullet answer.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
cbyriel

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 12:38:31 PM »

So as i am in no way an expert in this, i need you to explain to me what you mean by custom MVB's? - sorry if i'm being total ignorant here, trying to learn, but there is alot to cope with.    Thanks :-)

vwmaniac

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2023, 06:28:33 PM »

BGRLMIN is the ticket here folks. Wink

Big thanks to 240sxpooter above.

Bringing back from the dead, I can verify the minimum filling maps take care of rev hang in this module on a 3.6 vr6 with me9. I zeroed those maps in the areas where I wanted to close the throttle and it works perfect. Im sure you could just lower them to a non zero number also but it test drove fine.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: