Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How Tune Bosch M3.8.3 AGU 1.8T ?  (Read 17872 times)
Pvelame

« on: July 21, 2014, 09:16:23 AM »

hello friends. I have a Mk4 1.8T (150HP) 2002 upgraded reprogramming, K & N filter and full exhaust 2.5 "(210HP).
I would like to ask you today is no way to change the setting by entering OBD2.
I do not have much experience on the subject and would like your help.
As far as I know does not work in NefMoto M3.8.3 (06A906018CH).
Is there any software that can read and write in M3.8.3?
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 09:33:44 AM »

hey bud

read this thread lots of great info:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=139.0

The only way to read this ecu is to remove the chip and read with chip reader

Below i attached a version of you original which you can remap and flash with MPPS inexpensive clone will do the job

Also remember you will have to feed power to the programing pin to flash either on ecu side or obd port side.
Pvelame

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 09:38:47 AM »

then there is no way to do this as they do in ME7?

But if I do it this way who told me:

Take the module out, feed the pin next to the OBD2 cable, what software would I use to change the program?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:41:19 AM by Pvelame » Logged
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 09:50:37 AM »

You do not have to take the ecu out of the car you will just have to feed 12v to pin 13 on the OBD port when flashing.

You will have to modify the maps with winols or what ever you feel comfortable with save the bin then flash with mpps.
Pvelame

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 10:47:53 AM »

I need help, if someone can make me a tutorial or teach me step by step.
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 01:41:05 PM »

I need help, if someone can make me a tutorial or teach me step by step.

There will be no hand holding here. If you want to stay, I suggest doing some research and asking real questions, not "help me".

All I hear is "I'm to lazy to put forth any effort, I want you to do this for me".

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pvelame

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 07:37:43 AM »

I apologize for the misunderstanding. What I meant was in steps.
For example the OBD2 connection simply plug wires junp pain car connector for the cable connector obd same?

I do not want anyone to make the schedule for me, so I'm afraid to do something wrong and end up damaging the center.
Allabout

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 01:53:10 AM »

hey bud

read this thread lots of great info:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=139.0

The only way to read this ecu is to remove the chip and read with chip reader

Below i attached a version of you original which you can remap and flash with MPPS inexpensive clone will do the job

Also remember you will have to feed power to the programing pin to flash either on ecu side or obd port side.

You say in your thread that you have to remove the ECU CHIP to be able to read the chip.
However you also state you can burn the ECU file via OBD if you add power to Pin 13 on the OBD port.

Would just like some clarification. Thanks
_nameless

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 05:48:21 AM »

Here's your clarification... You can WRITE over obd 2 but you CAN NOT READ your original file from it with out removing the chip and use a chip burner
Hope that clears it up for you

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Allabout

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 05:24:07 PM »

Here's your clarification... You can WRITE over obd 2 but you CAN NOT READ your original file from it with out removing the chip and use a chip burner

that does indeed. I was pretty sure this is what you meant.
But like others, it could have been a little unclear.

thanks for clearing it up thou.
eliotroyano

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 08:41:54 AM »

Technically that is right. But I have found that some parts of serial eeprom & flash eeprom content are uploaded to RAM´s MCU (87C196). For example serial eeprom is located at RAM address $0C250 - $0C350. MCU Factory Test Code is located at address $02012-$02080H. Also data content of the flash eeprom (MAPs) seems to me that are uploaded too, but I am not totally sure about it.

As ME7 does and some code, procedures, maps & values are mounted in RAM for it process. The difference is that factory code in ME7 have procedures for it interaction, but in older Motronic are not available or at least are not public known. Maybe I am wrong, but that are my impressions playing with my ECUs.
ddillenger

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 09:19:15 AM »

Technically that is right. But I have found that some parts of serial eeprom & flash eeprom content are uploaded to RAMĀ“s MCU (87C196). For example serial eeprom is located at RAM address $0C250 - $0C350. MCU Factory Test Code is located at address $02012-$02080H. Also data content of the flash eeprom (MAPs) seems to me that are uploaded too, but I am not totally sure about it.

As ME7 does and some code, procedures, maps & values are mounted in RAM for it process. The difference is that factory code in ME7 have procedures for it interaction, but in older Motronic are not available or at least are not public known. Maybe I am wrong, but that are my impressions playing with my ECUs.

Monoscan can read these.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: