Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Open Source Handheld Flasher  (Read 11975 times)
turboat

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 11:15:52 AM »

It'll just be a standard python interpreter on either, although please dont think that I'm advocating Python for this project - although I'm interested to hear what people think is a sensible language to use? I guess it depends a lot on what library support there is already for the chosen platform.

Along the way I found this thread: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4213.0 which looks kinda interesting, I might have a go tomorrow and see if I can get that working on the bench.

Incidentally, if you dont have one already a RBPi is an excellent toy and well worth the $30.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 03:08:33 PM »

There is absolutely no reason we can't port python code to something more native-y

I am definitely willing to spend time on it.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
stolenheartdealer

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 08:46:21 AM »

Well I went big and ordered a BeagleBone Black Rev C today.  I liked the small form factor and I don't need all the I/O the RBPi provides.
S4addict

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2014, 09:10:36 AM »

this seems pretty cool
have somthing to change tunes on the go
i know my buddy uses a windows tablet for vagcom if thats of any help
turboat

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2014, 01:09:57 AM »

There is absolutely no reason we can't port python code to something more native-y

I'm inclined to say we should make it less nativey, I like the idea of having something I can run on linux, osx, windows, android without having to port!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2014, 09:16:44 AM »

I'm inclined to say we should make it less nativey, I like the idea of having something I can run on linux, osx, windows, android without having to port!

add raspberry pi.

linux/windows/android we can do with java

There is nothing we can do for all 5.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: