Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Code out vvt  (Read 5290 times)
Vdub-dub

« on: July 29, 2014, 01:00:09 PM »

Some mixed results when searched how to switch off/code out VVT, so after so here asking again,
After sudden issue with my amk engine hitting over bar of boost and 50+ throttle get heavy misfire etc with no codes and nothing out of place when log via vcds apart from running bit lean that get with misfiring, after swapping out some out plugs,coils and fuel pump think come to conclusion my vvt mechanical has failed ( tests out fine with vcds thou)
Being that there little on expensive side to replace somthing I'm insure of wanna map it out tempereally and use one of my old working non-vvt tensionors
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 01:41:58 PM »

CDNWS along with ESKONF.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Vdub-dub

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 11:58:05 AM »

eskonf im having trouble locating in BAM (CB) file
Vdub-dub

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 12:13:28 PM »

eskonf im having trouble locating in BAM (CB) file

my bad found it Kiss
10bed
MadCow

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 12:58:32 PM »

When I coded out my VVT I lost a bunch of torque/smoothness in low RPMs and part throttle, copying KFZW over KFZW2 really helped out.
carsey

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 02:34:16 PM »

Need to set the VVT switch over map aswell, otherwise ECU will see cams as reading wrong.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 03:34:37 PM »

When I coded out my VVT I lost a bunch of torque/smoothness in low RPMs and part throttle, copying KFZW over KFZW2 really helped out.

which engine do you have?
MadCow

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 03:26:57 PM »

Need to set the VVT switch over map aswell, otherwise ECU will see cams as reading wrong.

I tried that at one point but it caused all sorts of weird issues, I remember the biggest one was fuel trims not setting and a general lack of power (didn't do any logging to see exactly what was causing it though). I don't think the ECU liked the fact that it was never able to monitor the VVT tensioner operation since diagnosis could only happen if the changeover happens. I don't see how the ECU would see the cams in the wrong position since that's the job of the CMP, otherwise you wouldn't get a cam position code in the first place.

@fukenbroken: I have an ATW motor with an AWM ECU, so I never had VVT in the first place. I recently also copied KFZWOP over KFZWOP2 and it seemed to have helped make everything run a bit smoother, but that could be my imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: