Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: 01 Allroad cluster swap, need a little assistance  (Read 28387 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 03:36:15 PM »

Ok, if I'm reading this right...

I take the BIN from the new dash, edit the mileage in vag k commander, then flash it back to the new dash.  Then I can install the dash and use VCDS to adapt the Immo.  Is that correct?

Sorry for the newb questions...

Correct.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
digitalhippie

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 03:37:12 PM »

Then that's what I'll do.  Thanks for the help.
digitalhippie

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 04:48:39 PM »

Well I reset the mileage and installed the cluster.  Used the pin from the new cluster to login, but then couldn't get channel 50.  Now it's telling me it won't take the pin and I have to turn the ignition off and wait.  But the car starts, with the immo light flashing, and runs just fine... wtf?
digitalhippie

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 04:58:22 PM »

I was able to login again, but still can't get channel 50.  I verified that channels 60, 61, and 62 contain the same values as the old cluster... even tried re-entering them.  No dice... still can't reach channel 50.

Maybe this is a dumb question - but could I take the new cluster BIN and edit the pin number, then flash that back to the cluster?  If not, what else can I do?

Since the car is running but the light is flashing, does this mean someone previously coded immo off this ecu?  I bought the car used, and was told that the rear o2 and egt were disabled... but after taking a dump of the ECU flash area, I'm beginning to think a lot more was done than that.
digitalhippie

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 05:01:23 PM »

I'm going to attach my ECU bins too, for what it's worth...

EEPROM Status:
- VIN: WAUYP64B31N057100 (Audi 2001 - A6 96-04, Neckarsulm, Germany; Mlada Boles
lav)
- SKC: 02300
- Immobiliser: On
- Checksum: Invalid Checksum
- Size: 512bytes
- Cluster Code: 87 A4 47 3C C4 71
- P0601 DTC: not set
- Immo ID: UZ7Z0Y1586907
turboat

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 02:25:00 AM »

Maybe this is a dumb question - but could I take the new cluster BIN and edit the pin number, then flash that back to the cluster?  If not, what else can I do?

Yes, this is how I did mine - I edited the eeprom tool so I can pair a cluster bin with an ECU bin, I'll post an update later on when I'm back on windows.

Since the car is running but the light is flashing, does this mean someone previously coded immo off this ecu?  I bought the car used, and was told that the rear o2 and egt were disabled... but after taking a dump of the ECU flash area, I'm beginning to think a lot more was done than that.

Yes that would be normal, but the immo is showing as on in the dump below (I just went and checked manually in case there is an issue with 95040tool - both 0x12 and 0x22 are set on).

I suspect that someone has loaded a ECU flash that doesnt support immo, so while your clocks and your eeprom are immo3, your ecu flash doesnt support it.

Edit: me7check of your flash, google says that '8D0907551L' is a B5 S4 Tiptronic ECU.

User@USER-PC /c/Mapping/Maps
$ ME7Check.exe audi_allroad_ecu_orig_.bin
===========================================================
ME7Check v1.11 (c) mki, 06/2004-07/2011
Checking file audi_allroad_ecu_orig_.bin (size=1048576)
Reading Version Strings...
-> Bootrom Version = embedded in CPU, asume 05.12/05.32
-> EPK = 40/1/ME7.1/5/6005.01//22m/DstD1o/110700//
-> Contents of ECUID data table:
   - '0261207004'         (SSECUHN)
   - '1037354145'         (SSECUSN)
   - '8D0907551L  '       (VAG part number)
   - '0001'               (VAG sw number)
   - '2.7l V6/5VT     '   (engine id)
-> Contents of ECUID data table:
   - 'HW_MAN004'

-> No errors found. File is OK.   *********************

So your options:
- ignore the flashing immo light
- flash a cluster bin that doesnt have immo (not sure if this is possible/documented)
- remove the immo light of the board
- flash an a6 bin back onto the ecu, adapt the cluster/key, take the 15-35bhp hit
- flash an a6 bin back onto the ecu, adapt the cluster/key, flash your s4 map back on
- flash an s4 bin that supports immo, adapt the cluster/key
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:44:28 AM by turboat » Logged
digitalhippie

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 05:00:00 AM »

I would rather make it "right" and start from there then start from whatever unknown mess the previous guy made.  So I need to find an original ECU dump from an 01 Allroad 2.7T Tip...
digitalhippie

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 05:00:40 AM »

Or, a stock B5 S4 ECU dump with Immo... because I wouldn't mind keeping the extra hp...
digitalhippie

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2014, 05:08:03 AM »

Ok, I've downloaded nyet's stock 8D0907551L bin.  Can I verify that this bin does have Immo on?  Do I need to change anything in the bin (like VIN) to flash this to my car?  Again... sorry for newb questions, kinda got thrown into this while trying to fix my car.
ddillenger

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2014, 05:53:37 AM »

The 551L S4 file has no immobilizer. If yours isn't active (as in, the car will start) you can flash it to disable the immobilizer. If the car will not start, you can boot flash the file to disable the immobilizer.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
digitalhippie

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2014, 06:24:43 AM »

Ok, I see what's going on here.

So tell me if this will work.  Get the original 01 Allroad bin, flash that to the ecu.  Pair the new dash immo.  Flash back the current file (or the 8D0907551L stock bin since it looks like there is some unknown tune on my current flash).  And at that point the immo light should no longer be blinking... I won't have a working immobilizer (meaning the car will start even with an invalid key), but the light on the dash will be gone.

Is this correct?

When using someone else's bin file, do I need to edit anything in the flash to match up the VIN to my car?  Or can I just flash the file as is?
ddillenger

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2014, 07:24:23 AM »

This is mostly correct. If the key was never matched to the cluster the light will still blink, even if the car runs though.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
digitalhippie

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2014, 07:33:51 AM »

Alright - then the steps are:

1) flash stock allroad bin
2) pair dash immo
3) pair keys
4) flash back original bin (or stock 551L) bin

And that will leave me with a running car, and no flashing immo light on the dash.  And that can all be done w/o bootmode, correct?  Not that I have a problem getting into boot mode but I want to check before I get started.

The next steps after that - I need to take the stock 551L bin and apply the changes for deleting rear O2/Cat/EGT/SAI... I don't trust whatever tune the previous guy put on here and I think it may be part of my engine problems.
turboat

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2014, 07:40:38 AM »

Alright - then the steps are:

1) flash stock allroad bin
2) pair dash immo
3) pair keys
4) flash back original bin (or stock 551L) bin

And that will leave me with a running car, and no flashing immo light on the dash.  And that can all be done w/o bootmode, correct?  Not that I have a problem getting into boot mode but I want to check before I get started.

The next steps after that - I need to take the stock 551L bin and apply the changes for deleting rear O2/Cat/EGT/SAI... I don't trust whatever tune the previous guy put on here and I think it may be part of my engine problems.

Yes that is correct, although I would consider flashing a stock euro S4 bin, so you get immobiliser and S4 power. FYI, with immo3, you cannot re-use keys (well the transponder chip in the key), if they have already been paired with a cluster. So you either need to copy the key info from your old cluster to your new cluster, or buy new transponder chips for your keys - I got a two for about $10 from ebay.
digitalhippie

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2014, 07:42:58 AM »

Can you point me to a stock euro s4 bin for 2.7t with tip?

How would I go about copying the key info from the old cluster?  I have bins from both clusters.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: