Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Nefmoto Getting Started Guide  (Read 162745 times)
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 03:27:40 AM »

The same error is in some TT`s and other VAG cars due to Dash.

Remove the dash fuse Smiley

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
darktuner

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2014, 03:41:33 PM »

no its in the car. The weird thing is I was able to connect a few hours earlier. I was gonna try removing the fuses today and see if that helps out. I know the car has some sort of tune on it but its a shitty tune.
mroziu22

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2015, 01:35:11 PM »

Hi
I have an issues with 1.8T BFB
this is the message from the nefmoto.
Validating flash memory starts at 0x00800000 and ends at 0x00900000.
Validation failed, ECU reports that security access is not granted.

Memory lay out is for 1024kBytes hence shoud work without problem. Can you give me some hint how to solve it out
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2015, 02:10:45 AM »

BFB is A4 , is it B6 or B7 ? B7 cant be read with Nefmoto at all.. I dont know why .

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
mroziu22

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2015, 04:37:20 PM »

Hi

I have b7.
I solution is that: do FULL unistal Nefmoto, and FULL instal.
Next connect to car and there is still same message with no validation of memory layout but when you click OK it works and read ECU. Definitelly there will be and issue with start of the car after flash reading. Therefore reloead (write flash) and it will start with no issue
royce5950

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 04:16:28 PM »

I was showing an acquaintance the ropes of tuning and I guided him to your thread. I told him prior he needed to hook his battery up to a charger and use a multimeter/voltimeter to monitor the voltage during the duration of the flash procedure, Then he told me I was wrong because it doesn't say anything about that in here lol  Tongue ... So I skimmed through the guide and I didn't see it either.

I'll admit, maybe we both accidentally missed it, but if in fact theres nothing about it there, maybe it would be worth while to add it?

If it is there then excuse our oversight and carry on lol  Cheesy

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
A2Carat

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2018, 06:15:48 AM »

Steady battery voltage is important. Nefmoto even says it before writing.
Just because it isn't listed here on the site, doesn't mean you don't have to do it. At the dealership, we always use battery maintainers. Computers don't like low voltage situations, especially during programming.
prj

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2018, 08:09:18 AM »

Steady battery voltage is important. Nefmoto even says it before writing.
Just because it isn't listed here on the site, doesn't mean you don't have to do it. At the dealership, we always use battery maintainers. Computers don't like low voltage situations, especially during programming.

The ECU could care less about the voltage unless it drops significantly below 10V. There is pretty strong voltage rectification going on, caps and so on.
The ECU will flash when the car doesn't even have enough capacity left to crank. Because the usage is miniscule.

The only times you need a battery charger are when:
1. The ECU turns the fans on during flashing.
2. The flash is very long (30+ minutes)
3. The car has a nearly dead battery

In fact I screwed up against point 1 on a Bosch ECU once, and the voltage oscillated so much that the fans stopped and then restarted constantly, but the ECU completed the flash just fine.
A lot of the shit you do at the dealership isn't really relevant when you know what you are doing and how things work.

As to the reason why the flash fails - security access is denied.
Can be due to modified seed/key algo, can be also due to a number of other things - the engine running, previous security access attempts with incorrect seed/key (resulting in lockout) and so on.
On some Renault ECU's even because engine temp is above a certain number. Voltage is not it though - these ECU's usually flash fine on bench at 10 volts.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 08:12:52 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
A2Carat

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2018, 03:16:14 PM »

What I do is relevant. Locked modules because of low/inconsistent voltages has happened. Below 10Vs and you're running into trouble. Why not just have steady voltage and avoid potential issues? Not necessary when you'll  only be working with the ignition on for a short time. Software updates can take 45 minutes to over an hour at the dealer. All modules get updated (70+!) so it takes time. Nothing wrong with a steady 13.5V.

Thanks for the info. Renault ecu's can be temp sensitive? That's nuts. Wink
prj

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2018, 04:12:53 PM »

What I do is relevant. Locked modules because of low/inconsistent voltages has happened. Below 10Vs and you're running into trouble. Why not just have steady voltage and avoid potential issues? Not necessary when you'll  only be working with the ignition on for a short time. Software updates can take 45 minutes to over an hour at the dealer. All modules get updated (70+!) so it takes time. Nothing wrong with a steady 13.5V.

Thanks for the info. Renault ecu's can be temp sensitive? That's nuts. Wink

We are not talking about flashing all the modules in the car here, just the ECU.
Why you don't need to have charger? For the simple reason that:
1) If you are using correct protocol to write, you can't brick the ECU even if the power cuts out - you will always be able to get into the loader again and flash again.
2) It's a hassle to connect it every time, can't be done on the road and so on.

As I've said - I've been doing this for a while and I only recall ONE case through the thousands of times I've flashed ECU's in various cars that I had a write fail due to voltage dropout... and that was recovered swiftly after simply connecting a charger and restarting the write. I wasted maybe 10 minutes max instead of wasting 10 minutes per write on shit that is extremely unlikely to give you any problems.

I am sure that just as there are ECU's that reject security access when the coolant temperature is above a certain value, there are also probably some ECU's that reject security access based on too low voltage. Although I have never experienced this yet.

This all said - I do have a 30 amp charger with some very long leads wallmounted in my dyno room. And I have countless others around the workshop. If I am flashing anything that takes longer than 20 minutes I tend to connect the charger. However, I've been usually doing that AFTER the write has already started (because I have nothing better to do) - never had an issue with that either.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 04:18:04 PM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
woj

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2018, 12:53:37 AM »

Car power, or laptop power? My flashing takes seconds, so I don't care about car battery power. Just note that for some ECUs the flashing procedure can be restarted only if you don't kill the ignition power in the meantime (sure there are ECUs that will boot up into flashing after power loss, mine does not). For laptop power - the laptop can die for several other reasons than just power (I always properly reboot mine after a couple of days of sleep / work cycles, because when my total up-time reaches about 4 weeks the probability that the laptop will die out of nothing increases exponentially). For powering - having a laptop charger around the car and power socket means one more reason for me or my kids to trip over it and f-up everything.
prj

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2018, 01:04:39 AM »

Just note that for some ECUs the flashing procedure can be restarted only if you don't kill the ignition power in the meantime (sure there are ECUs that will boot up into flashing after power loss, mine does not).

That's because you are not using correct protocol to flash it. Using correct protocol there are bit(s) set that notify the loader whether flashing was completed.
When overwriting the loader usually another loader is written to a different area and a pointer is set to it before the initial loader is erased.

I am sure with a factory tool you can turn of power nearly at any stage of the flash process and it will successfully restart the write.

Log your car properly.
woj

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2018, 01:37:52 AM »

EDIT: I removed what I have written up before, I crawl into my hole now. (I mixed up the addresses when I wrote that).

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 03:52:52 AM by woj » Logged
lkomnino

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2018, 08:56:43 AM »

Quote:
"If you are unsure what size your ECU is, a quick google will probably answer the question (search for the part number that nef lists when you connect, e.g. “KWP1281 connect info: 6A906032HN”, and ecu size), if not the flash size is listed on the top of the chip inside of the ECU. You can read a 400BB flash using the 800BB memory layout. It will read an extra 512kb past the end of the file, if you chop it in half you are good to go."

Great but is there a layout so I know which chip to look at?!?!
The 2 big ones are CPUs apparently, the long one has a white sticker...
I have looked for '512'or '1024' but nothing.
lkomnino

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2018, 07:33:47 AM »

Under long chip's label shows if 512 or 1024.
Eureka!!

I have built a bench setup and still fail to read from backup ecu.
from http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=417.0title=

ECU
P1 + P2 = Ground
P3 + P62 = 12v
P43 = K-Line
P21 = ignition (added switch to wire)

OBD plug (KKL-blue from recommended source and is recognised in NefMoto)
P4 = Ground
P7 = K-Line
P16 = 12v

connect usb to pc, open Nefmoto power PSU (Wii PSU 12v 3.7A works well for Saab ECUs)
Ign switch off.
Baud to 38400
as following: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6537.0title=
however connects at 10400!
turn switch on (to pin 21 ignition) connects fine
read ecu info, good
continue to KWP2000 Flashing tab to read ecu
select correct mem layout.
Click 'full read flash'
"immobilizer not authenticated", continue
shows:

-Immobilizer not authenticated
Continuing despite programming session preconditions not being met.
Negotiating communication timings.
Successfully changed to new communication timings.
Requesting security access.
Security access granted.
Starting diagnostic session.
Unable to properly start diagnostic session, attempting to continue with current undefined session.
This can occur if the security lockout is running, or the engine is running. Please turn off the ignition and retry if this continues to fail.
Negotiating communication timings.
Too many consecutive unsolicited messages from ECU, disconnecting.
Disconnecting...
Disconnected
Reading ECU flash memory failed.
100% complete.
Restoring Windows sleep mode.

Is there a wire i've missed, do I need to ground something inside?!?

Need to get into bootmode to read original ECU which has Revo map on it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: