Pages: [1]
Author Topic: key matching cluster/ecu match up  (Read 9604 times)
bigchalk

« on: August 07, 2014, 08:43:30 PM »

ok o in my battle with this demon known as a jetta i came across the vag k commander and this time the instructions on the .ini file. now when i open it i dont get the failure to open port mesage the program seems to work 100 percent but NOTHING i do allows it to connect to the target device. any ideas?
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 08:50:16 PM »

ok o in my battle with this demon known as a jetta i came across the vag k commander and this time the instructions on the .ini file. now when i open it i dont get the failure to open port mesage the program seems to work 100 percent but NOTHING i do allows it to connect to the target device. any ideas?

Have you selectd K-line from the drop down menu at the bottom left?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Allabout

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 09:22:58 PM »

Have you selectd K-line from the drop down menu at the bottom left?

As ddillenger mentioned.
there after select 07 Kombi (meaning cluster). Select connect.
now read your Pin.

If you have a late 2006 or newer. Vag +K Commander 2.1-2.5 will not work. You will need to use V3.6 (with associating cable).
You can now pull the SKC in order to program new keys.

You are able to code new keys using Vag +K if you want. I personally have found that utilizing VCDS with SKC seems more reliable.

bigchalk

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 09:54:57 PM »

YUP ive selected k line and tried 07 and every other tab and option that i can click on. they all pretty much tell me the same thing. they try to connect but the device fails to respond to the wake up attempt. I allready have the pin codes for both the clusters i have. the cable i have works perfect with vag tacho. i can pull pin codes read and write  with no isues.
with one cluster i can match up key so the immo is turned off but it wont sink with either ecu i have. the other cluster will sink with ecu but will not program a key so im stuck with immo again. i was trying to find a diffirent program to acess the ecu and cluster but so k commander is the only one that will recognize my cable but it wont conect to anything.  nefmoto all the others require dumb mode but vcds tells me port ok interface not found.
if i had hair id have yarded it out month ago!
turboat

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 12:46:10 AM »

Did you run it as admin?
bigchalk

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 03:28:20 AM »

no i hadnt even thought about that to be honest with you. ill give that a shot and see what happens. ive pulled the cluster fuses and now vag com will conect to ecu but never complets the reading. ive let it run for just short of 2 hour with no change it the reading of the ecu
turboat

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 03:52:17 AM »

Try vageeprom programmer.

I use that and commander 2.5 for clusters, argdub's tool for ecus. Never got commander 3.6 to work and 2.5 I have to run as admin.

I've had mixed success reading clusters, octavia vrs cluster read/write fine, Leon Cupra cluster kept failing but I got enough to get the cluster code, Cupra r wouldn't read at all. Never figured out why! Argdub's tool for ecus is reliable thou.
bigchalk

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 04:02:30 AM »

I believe that i am reading the cluster just fine with vag tacho. i can get pin codes and program keys. ive tried the argus tool but always times out because i cant get cable into dumb mode. only way i know how is through vcds and it dont recognize the cable. is there another way to set it in dumb mode?
turboat

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 04:10:18 AM »

Use kkl lead for argdub's. Is it blue or genuine vcds lead? If blue no need dumb mode. Never got genuine to work for EEPROM, but can be done if u get right drivers.

Where r u? Soz short reply, on phone.
bigchalk

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 04:27:05 AM »

ill run up to house and grab it right quick. its a blue one from ebay. i live on comp pay from va. cant afford vcds prices. im in southern oregon. no worries on short replies i greatly apreciate any and all help. ill take anyting to get this thing runing so my wife will stop runing her mouth
turboat

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 08:07:24 AM »

Nice spot, shame you're a zillion miles away or I'd pop over and have a look, understand about buying VCDS lite, took me about 6 years to work up to buying the real thing. Argdubs tool can be a pain to get working - make sure you have the latest drivers install for the kkl cable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: