Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: No-Lift-Shift (NLS) on MED9.1  (Read 37616 times)
k0mpresd

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2016, 04:00:11 PM »

So it blanks the ECU and installs a complete new OS without any Bosch, VW or ERCOS code?

that one is a reach guy, even for you.
teobolo

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2016, 04:09:09 AM »

Hi
I m trying to add soft NLS to an Audi S3  8p -cdl engine - version 8P0907115AB but not even got near to it.

Is there any chance that anyone could kindly implement that feature to my file ?

Thanks in advance
gman86

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2016, 05:25:33 PM »

that one is a reach guy, even for you.

A reach? You mean, not possible or unfair? So my point stands? You can't shout plagiarism / copyright shite when the whole premise if based on Bosch/VAG IP. Design your own RTC OS and comms protocol and then you'll have the right to moan about clones, theft and copyright.
Rick

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2016, 01:15:03 PM »

Forget the legality, it's a simple ethical issue.  Bosch are not loosing out when small companies spend considerable resource on developing additional features.  They are not harmed in any way. The same cannot be said when the small company has their work posted across the net.

Rick
vwaudiguy

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2016, 01:40:26 PM »

Forget the legality, it's a simple ethical issue.  Bosch are not loosing out when small companies spend considerable resource on developing additional features.  They are not harmed in any way. The same cannot be said when the small company has their work posted across the net.

Rick

This is a great point imo.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
gman86

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2016, 02:35:34 AM »

Rick

Ah the old "bigger companies don't care" chat. How do they not? When folk sit and pick apart their IP, it allows larger competitors easy access to snoop and copy (Siemens, Delco et al). The whole point surrounding this is being labelled a thief, when regardless of ethics or morals, the whole product is based on theft itself. If I set up a small company based on changing components of Microsoft Windows, should I have the right to get upset when folk start to rip it off? Yes, I probably would - because it affected me. Would Microsoft be pissed off? Massively.

I still stand by my comment in that if clones did not exist, a huge amount of sales from legitimate tools wouldn't have happened. I know I wouldn't drop 4k on MPPS when I had no idea what I was doing. I've played with it, am comfortable with it and if I ever choose to go into business, I'll be more than happy to buy a fully legit tool. I know this as a FACT - a few tuners I know have went this route.
Khendal

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2017, 04:04:01 AM »

I'm starting studying entire thread and also the one for disassembly a MED9.1 ... how is going here for AL and NLS ? Are there update? Is there a guide to follow or some example?
gt-innovation

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2017, 04:56:07 AM »

I'm starting studying entire thread and also the one for disassembly a MED9.1 ... how is going here for AL and NLS ? Are there update? Is there a guide to follow or some example?

No there is not. You either need to make one from scratch or buy something from the market.

The concept is close enough to the existing als nls but instead of using tsrldyn you will need to retard the ignition angle and disable misfire detection while your code is executing otherwise you will get a blinking (misfire detection) epc light.
Khendal

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2017, 02:53:28 PM »

No there is not. You either need to make one from scratch or buy something from the market.

The concept is close enough to the existing als nls but instead of using tsrldyn you will need to retard the ignition angle and disable misfire detection while your code is executing otherwise you will get a blinking (misfire detection) epc light.

Thank you gt-innovation , I have already bought one Smiley
Now I would like to figure out how to do it, but i don't know where to start  Undecided and how to start...what have i to looking for ?

Any advice would be appreciate  Wink
shchita

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2018, 04:25:14 AM »

I know the topic is old, but could it be refreshed?

in the end -  for NLS and AL, are the info into A2L or should be write manualy as in ME7.x?
gt-innovation

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2018, 04:37:27 AM »

I know the topic is old, but could it be refreshed?

in the end -  for NLS and AL, are the info into A2L or should be write manualy as in ME7.x?

No there is not...As said before either buy or code you our own algo.A2l/asap/damos files are definitions for the original files they do not add automatically features.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: