Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Timing Map Tuning - Summer time or wait?  (Read 5140 times)
AudiMan85

« on: August 06, 2014, 12:40:05 AM »

Hey, ok so I wanna make some changes to my tune. I'm happy with it but it's a dog right now in the summer heat. My intake temps are crazy right now when not moving and when at WOT.

So my new investment is a w/m kit new week and I need input on tuning my timing maps. I have added the switching maps phila_dot has provided and have setup 2 map sets. Stock and Stage 2++. Now should I wait to do my timing tuning or any tuning til after the summer? I plan on 3 map sets stock, Stage 2++ (NVR's) and 3rd the meth tuned timing maps. So this would all yield better in the colder days for more base power. Should I just wait and let the ecu pull timing in the summer based on IAT?

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
fredrik_a

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 03:51:36 AM »

My intake temps are crazy right now when not moving

Of course IAT is high when not moving. If you are not moving, no cooling air from the cars velocity is present, allowing the temperature to increase in any way it pleases.  Wink
phila_dot

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 06:17:27 AM »

It doesn't really matter as it gets offset for IAT.
littco

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 06:38:31 AM »

It doesn't really matter as it gets offset for IAT.

Is there actually an iat / timing map?

Load reduction does that count in these terms then
phila_dot

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 07:04:50 AM »

KFZWWLNM

Look at function ZWWL, dzwwl offsets zwgru for zwbas.
littco

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 07:29:45 AM »

KFZWWLNM

Look at function ZWWL, dzwwl offsets zwgru for zwbas.

I thought that was knock based enrichment .. not as the op was describing ie timing pull because of higher iats.

phila_dot

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 07:31:55 AM »

I thought that was knock based enrichment .. not as the op was describing ie timing pull because of higher iats.

It has nothing to do with knock or enrichment.

It offsets ignition angle for iat and coolant temp.
AudiMan85

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 12:17:03 PM »

Ok, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to waste my time tuning in the summer. I know the air temps at idle are gonna rise. I have been doing stuff like this for awhile now, these ecu's are just alittle different to tune and also my setup is different also. My last car has a FMIC bigger then I think the front of most of the A6's would be able to handle and stage 3 devils own progressive kit and I tuned in the normal temp months. I just love watching old logs of intake temps of 80* and now I can't even start the car with anything less, with in 10mins of driving I'm at 120 while driving and upto 200 while under load/boost. Then while standing still the heat soaking is killing me til I get driving for a good 10 mins or more.

Just had to ask, I still have timing retard set to 15* I should keep it there correct? And also I kept enrich maps where they were prior too.

Thanks for the input guys!

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: