Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Where did the tuned files section go, and is it coming back.  (Read 23388 times)
core2lee91

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2014, 01:00:44 AM »

As above, it would be great if we could still get to these areas without the attachments.
ddillenger

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 01:34:09 AM »

As above, it would be great if we could still get to these areas without the attachments.

Doesn't work that way I'm afraid, it's all or nothing. If you can give me an idea of what you need I can see if I have it archived, or answer for you.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Allabout

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 01:42:51 AM »

Doesn't work that way I'm afraid, it's all or nothing. If you can give me an idea of what you need I can see if I have it archived, or answer for you.

The Schnell Stage 2 thread was pretty knowledgeable.
Due the fact I'm still wrapping my head around what each of all these MAPS do and how they work in conjunction with each other.
I have no clear threads I would be able to advise, as I have only really started reading specific threads as appose to quickly browsing them

Plus it was great how everyone got together and added there own recommendation and as a forum community basically built some files for our cars.

AudiMan85

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 02:32:03 AM »

Is there anyways to bring the threads back but without the upleaded files. Or like tonys stage 3 base file or NVR base files that some of were working off of and keep the OP but remove any variations but keep the discussion alive?

I feel there was still value info in these threads that could help in learning. Of course to the members that a full understanding of how to tune and what not yell might find problems with these threads as you close to a 100% understanding of how to tune and what not but what about myself or others who come here to learn. The checksums thread I'd understand the removal of, it's simple you want to correct them buy programs and or plugins but remove some good discussion I think is hurting the community. If anything close the thread so no other posts could be made.

What about a way we all who care about the site could donate to the ability to keep the forums bandwith or storage up to par?

I'd be willing to donate a decent amount of money to keep somethings alive. I don't know how many others would be this site has been a big help. Saved me hundreds of $$$$ and what not. I hate to take it so hard, but feel that some forum of compromise would have been a better idea then to just delete and remove some useful threads and information I don't know if that's just me or of some other people feel the same way.

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
_nameless

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 05:07:37 AM »

Most if not all the info in the tuned section is covered at least 2x over in other parts of the forum. For the newer guys the s4 wiki is the best for descriptions of maps, names and locations. Also almost any other info needed (Bosch to Hitachi maf conversion, soft coding changes and a zillion others) 

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Lost

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 09:43:25 AM »

Is there anyways to bring the threads back but without the upleaded files. Or like tonys stage 3 base file or NVR base files that some of were working off of and keep the OP but remove any variations but keep the discussion alive?

I feel there was still value info in these threads that could help in learning. Of course to the members that a full understanding of how to tune and what not yell might find problems with these threads as you close to a 100% understanding of how to tune and what not but what about myself or others who come here to learn. The checksums thread I'd understand the removal of, it's simple you want to correct them buy programs and or plugins but remove some good discussion I think is hurting the community. If anything close the thread so no other posts could be made.

I will donate as well if needed
What about a way we all who care about the site could donate to the ability to keep the forums bandwith or storage up to par?

I'd be willing to donate a decent amount of money to keep somethings alive. I don't know how many others would be this site has been a big help. Saved me hundreds of $$$$ and what not. I hate to take it so hard, but feel that some forum of compromise would have been a better idea then to just delete and remove some useful threads and information I don't know if that's just me or of some other people feel the same way.
ddillenger

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 01:54:47 PM »

The problem isn't the money guys (well, not really) but rather that we don't have access to the financials of the forum. There's no way for us to access the hosting.

I understand to an extent what you are saying, but you are focusing on the wrong things. Sure, a lot of people added their own twist on those files, but a lot of it was just plain wrong. If you're going to learn by example, wouldn't you rather learn the right way? Everything in those threads is covered in the tuning section, and if you have questions, please, post on the forums. Expecting new members to sort through 40 page megathreads just leads to more confusion.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 06:38:53 PM »

when i was totally newbie those examples help me alot
s4wiki and tuning section are great but they does not explain how to make your own file from scratch. some kind of FAQ about typical ways to stage1 will be very helpful

ddillenger

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2014, 07:20:57 PM »

s4wiki and tuning section are great but they does not explain how to make your own file from scratch. some kind of FAQ about typical ways to stage1 will be very helpful

Yes, but they were BAD examples is what I'm trying to tell you-lol.

You are no longer a noob, and presumably have created a file, let's hear about it. Do you want to start a "how to"?

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 03:15:59 AM »

You are no longer a noob, and presumably have created a file, let's hear about it. Do you want to start a "how to"?

as you can see my english is not good
so its will be FAQ with tonns of grammar mistakes  Smiley
and im still dont know am i doing the right things or not
AudiMan85

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2014, 03:36:58 AM »

Yes, I feel 100% like you

I AGREE 100%, as I am someone who posted non corrected files.

I feel a few voted section be returned. I also feel highly that discussion is deleted. NVR page have a active c
Useful discussion.  Maybe closes the threads would still leaving educational information and anything other then proper base tunes be limited in the other post by notable members. I'm sorry wrong information is still good information because it says HOW NOT TO DO... you can learn the art with perfect useful information but you can also learn what makes mistakes at the same time. I agree with you daz. And I think file uploading should maybe reviewed and what not if someone notable work is posted.

random nah knowledge people should have there only section. Rate my Tune - Flash At Your Own Risk.

Idk, I feel that it should have been a better plan and.more thought put into the "clean-up"..... it's was a crud cleanup down with a plow and not a toothbrush!!!

Sorry if anyone thinks I'm wrong, this is my opinion and I am not a major contributer in a positive way or important stuff. But I'm on here to learn so if that's what the more experienced members against pick that's great. But when I.look back in old post's, some of today's OG's were asking the same question and we're confused also. Don't say you didn't answer some of the same questions back in 2009-2011 cause I have seen yall OG's or members turned PRO ask the same questions and made wrongs files and asked things just like thee noobs.

we need someone educated on How-to guides that can take s4 wiki and other things complied into something with more info and organized in the proper way and worded differently. It's is a very hard things to understand the way they are presented.

Sorry to ramble Bud Light is keeping company!!

ddillenger

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2014, 12:22:04 PM »

Yes, I feel 100% like you

I AGREE 100%, as I am someone who posted non corrected files.

I feel a few voted section be returned. I also feel highly that discussion is deleted. NVR page have a active c
Useful discussion.  Maybe closes the threads would still leaving educational information and anything other then proper base tunes be limited in the other post by notable members. I'm sorry wrong information is still good information because it says HOW NOT TO DO... you can learn the art with perfect useful information but you can also learn what makes mistakes at the same time. I agree with you daz. And I think file uploading should maybe reviewed and what not if someone notable work is posted.

random nah knowledge people should have there only section. Rate my Tune - Flash At Your Own Risk.

Idk, I feel that it should have been a better plan and.more thought put into the "clean-up"..... it's was a crud cleanup down with a plow and not a toothbrush!!!

Sorry if anyone thinks I'm wrong, this is my opinion and I am not a major contributer in a positive way or important stuff. But I'm on here to learn so if that's what the more experienced members against pick that's great. But when I.look back in old post's, some of today's OG's were asking the same question and we're confused also. Don't say you didn't answer some of the same questions back in 2009-2011 cause I have seen yall OG's or members turned PRO ask the same questions and made wrongs files and asked things just like thee noobs.

we need someone educated on How-to guides that can take s4 wiki and other things complied into something with more info and organized in the proper way and worded differently. It's is a very hard things to understand the way they are presented.

Sorry to ramble Bud Light is keeping company!!

I spend hours every day cleaning up. That NVR thread was actually 10 different topics merged that spanned 60 pages. I bet you weren't aware of that. I had put hours into that thread cleaning it, decluttering, reorganizing, and it was still a mess. I had read every post multiple times. The value you saw in it did not exist, at least not in the way you want to think it did. Every single thing discussed there is in the tuning section, in better detail, and still readily available.

I still ask noob questions. We all do. The point is, the community will be better served if we can keep the tuning talk in the tuning section. I repeat, no new members are going to get anything from a 35 page thread.

This site was started to facilitate learning. De-mystify the technique, bypass the glass bead trading game. That wasn't the case a few years ago. Right now, you have everything you could ever need. You don't need bad examples, you don't need a tuned files section. The only people that benefits are the ones not willing to put in the work, and in the end, we're better off without them.

Every day I do anything from an administration standpoint I struggle to reconcile my actions with Tony's original plan for the site. In the end, the only thing I can do is what I see is best. When everyone that has been entrusted with the future of the site agrees, then it's pretty cut and dry.

TL;DR:

Post your questions in the tuning forum, they will be answered.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
AudiMan85

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2014, 02:59:19 AM »

Well sorry you needed to spend the extra time daz to explain to me your reasoning. Also I don't really have a place to talk. But I do feel that 100% deletion and removal of some content was wrong, but like you said you tried your best to clean up the threads. I know  how hard you work. I can't speak for others as really daz you are the only person I talk to regularly and have been a big help.

I lack advanced computer skills, I might have been the mad scientist in life til 11th grade when kids started to take computer course and went on further to take programming and what not. But I have never picked up a book on hex or C++ or even DOS. I used DOS unlike many other kids I grew up who couldn't even effort a computer, never mind later internet. Think I was 1 of 6 kids in middle school to have a CD burner 2x and made a killing making bootleg CD's. My point is some things just plan don't make sense to me and tuning platforms I have used before were so easy even a monkey could do it.

Then you get into ME7 and and holys*** batman, fellow tuners I'm friends with who tuned with standalone ECU's and UTec's and AEM's are even more confused. Of course I was confused watching them build a file from scratch but this ME7 stuff is hard. Back in 2002 I worked at a shop called Protosport - Pompton Plains, NJ I was the shop boy, a after school job.

They built high-end Porsche's.... had the AWD C4 I think (whatever it was called) they twin turbo'ed it and made it widebody. GT3's fully race prepped with roll cage running 9's.... shelves with nothing but flat 6 engines, in the corner, a rare truck flat 8. Tons of turbos, tiny little bitty things. I had only seen at that time T-25, Big16, 20g's and F22 from a upgraded WRX and these baby turbos where funny that Porsche used guessing k0x??? The kid who worked there had a 1.8T Jetta he was soo proud of. I also got the chance to watch the guys tune engines on the engine dyno or on the road. Helped with larger injector installs and Top Mount intercoolers or what not. I remember helping run the wideband wire from a simple alarm clock box on dash out the back window to the exhaust for a road logs since they had no rolling road dyno. I remember them tuning the engines and saying these things are a b**** to tune, why do you think we charge so much.

Sorry to get carried away with my story, but I just never thought 13 years later I'd be working on the same type of hardware (engine and car wise) and I have no clue what 2002 or prior ecu's were like or what software they used or if they were Motronic but I got glimpses of it back then.

I'm sorry if I was a little out of it last night, some nights you drink a little (10 bud light platinum's) and something gets your flustered into a rant, but I'm sorry if it was taken the wrong way. Daz once again I thank you as I always do for answering my questions via email and sorry to have talked on a subject that I had limited insight to. I am a great guy, I willing help everyone. Just tonight me and Lee Adams @FTG worked out our dispute over some purchases and I shared so info for him that he need to build somethings he wanted to start as new projects, I had collected and planned to build these items myself but said why not give it to someone who has more money to invest and more resources.

I have answered about 6-8 emails all regarding the Tuned File sections deletion with people looking for files they had or deleted or just didn't get to download in time. Which I will have to say I have downloaded about every file regarding the 2.7T in ME7's not ME7.1.1 but I refuse to give out anything but Tony's Stage 3 base file or NVR's Stage 2++.

If I could be more valueble please, someone let me know, I'd be willing to clean up threads or correct mistakes or remove posted files that checksum's where not corrected and people have flashed thinking they where (which I have done b4, my bad) or just I stay somewhat in the shadow's. Just alot of the more advanced understandings or some things I just can't wrap my brain around. I'm self taught, I didn't finish high, freshmen year my mom died, I missed most of the year, they passed me out of pitty. Then the next year I was too busy having fun trying to ignore my childhood. By the next year it was summer school or stay back. So I said none, I'll do night school. Well night school turned into car clubs and street racing and I did get a High School Diploma from a online school. But from then on I was without family or a solid place to call home. Home was a friends sofa or back seat of my beater 89 Acura Ledgend while my GSX sat in a friends garage for storage til I was able to get my DL back n car insurance etc. I never had the chance furthered my education til I took a Automotive Repair Tech course (Back in 2009 with grant) which I got all A's. Never anything less and that still leaves me with 1,000,000 questions when It comes to the ME7 ecu and hardware and Audi's period.

I use to work on cars that had about 10 feet max of vacuum hose and nothing but a boost controller and some wires to sensors. So sorry once again for my lifes story but sometimes people need to vent, maybe in a way to explain themselves better. I have also not held a job since 2004 becuase I am disabled and anything I have is because of my kindness, my wife's income or side jobs mostly to do with car repair and or electronic things.

I rather say I tuned my car then its APR Tuned etc... etc... but it gets less respect from people who have "MONEY"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 03:14:43 AM by AudiMan85 » Logged

ddillenger

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 03:10:34 AM »

This is not staying up forever unless someone can provide a legitimate reason that it should. Read it, post any and all questions you might have about the topics being covered. I just re-read it and still fail to see the value in keeping it.

Otherwise, we move onto the community projects and how to.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1065.0title=
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 03:12:26 AM by ddillenger » Logged

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
dayofthejackal

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2014, 03:18:25 AM »

I'm in the middle several of what I have called "How to Guide for Dummies" (after the books).

In progress:

Basic Guide to Diesel Tuning
EDC16 TDi 140 Stage 1
ME7.5 1.8T K03s Stage 1 the minimum changes required
ME7.5 1.8T K03s Stage 2 the minimum changes required
ME7.5 1.8T K03s to K04 and other S3 hardware
ME7.5 1.8T Rear O2, N249, SAI, Evap etc etc Delete
ME7.5 1.8T NLS/Launch Control Simplified
How to find maps referencing a different/similar map pack

I know all of it is covered on here if you look, but it's mainly just putting my hand written notes into PDF's.

I was original going to show every change/map and upload both original and modded bins, but I've decided to just describe the changes and upload the original.

Obviously this is how I tune and everyone and every vehicle is different.

I will also try to get both of my vehicle on the dyno to compare the result with logs taken.

I'll upload them when I get time to finish them off.

DotJ Tuned - Look in HEX for DayoftheJackal
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: