Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Checksum and 1.8T 150hp engine  (Read 17082 times)
ferra

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2014, 09:16:57 AM »

Thank you, I finally wrote my original bin file in boot mode. I can run my car again!
I have done it with MPPS somehow, but I did not understand this things exactly. (I bought also Galletto but it won't work.)

I try to write new bin with NEFMOTO, but I got the message "Precondition not met: Immobilizer Not Authenticated" in NEFMOTO.
I understood this because my ECU have experienced BOOT MODE.
This means I can not flash again with NEFMOTO? Or Must I put BOOT MODE again with MPPS, if I want to write bin to my ECU?

Now I can not connect to MPPS. Does it mean my ECU is not in BOOT MODE?

Sorry for my cheap understanding. But I am happy for such following new pages Smiley
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6537.0title=

I write that I got from NEFMOTO, as follows:
Slow init succeeded.
Switching to KWP2000 session.
Connected
Disabling Windows sleep mode.
Writing ECU flash memory.
ECU reports programming session preconditions have not been met.
Reasons preconditions failed:
-Immobilizer not authenticated
Continuing despite programming session preconditions not being met.
Negotiating communication timings.
Successfully changed to new communication timings.
Requesting security access.
ECU reports that security access request was rejected.
Starting diagnostic session.
Unable to properly start diagnostic session, attempting to continue with current undefined session.
This can occur if the security lockout is running, or the engine is running. Please turn off the ignition and retry if this continues to fail.
Negotiating communication timings.
Too many consecutive unsolicited messages from ECU, disconnecting.
Disconnecting...
Disconnecting because no response was received for the Stop Communication message.
Disconnected
Writing ECU flash memory failed.
100% complete.
Restoring Windows sleep mode.
adam-

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2014, 09:47:03 AM »

So, you've edited your original file?  The 032JR?

What did you change, and why?  Always, always, always do fueling first.  Have you read the wiki?

Once you've edited your file, you saved it, corrected the checksums and then flashed it, correct?

It sounds like you've bricked your ECU, so it's going to need to come OUT of the car, so you can get it on the bench and bootmode it.  You cannot bootmode in the car over the OBD port (yes, I understand you can, but for easy and noobyness clearly shown here), take it on a bench.

Once in bootmode, flash the ORIGINAL file back on - uneditted, whatever you wanna call it, and get the car to start.

Post the file you flashed so we can check it.

Then, read the wiki, and start with one step at a time.
ferra

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2014, 12:13:50 PM »

Thank you very much, adam-!

I did flash BEFORE checksum.. Then I made boot mode and rewrote my original bin file with mpps.
For me, my mistake seems to gone, but now I know that Nefmoto can not work with my ECU, again.

I did finish checksum, and I want to retry flashing with it, but Nefmoto won't work.
Then I ask ,,, should I put my ECU into boot mode AGAIN? Maybe immi-things is difficult for me...

I have just fear to boot mode, because I tried to recover my ECU many time with MPPS&Galetto...
ferra

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2014, 03:25:00 AM »

I could re-flashed with MPPS. It was just MPPS won't recognize and start SOMEHOW...
My clone MPPS and Galetto 1260 can not work always... it was very bad PC things... I must try to connect many times.

After my first tune, I can not connect to ECU with VCDS. Maybe because of experience of boot mode..?
turboat

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2014, 07:31:04 AM »

After my first tune, I can not connect to ECU with VCDS. Maybe because of experience of boot mode..?

If the ecu was programmed correctly with a valid bin, vcds would work. How you program it has no effect on if vcds will work.

adam-

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2014, 11:03:53 AM »

You need to checksum before you flash, not after.

Once it's flashed with a good bin, and the car starts, you should be able to write and connect with VCDS.

I don't want to sound patronising - but you know you need to ground out a pin to get into bootmode?
ferra

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2014, 06:47:46 AM »

If the ecu was programmed correctly with a valid bin, vcds would work. How you program it has no effect on if vcds will work.

I see. This is grateful advice, thank you very much!
My file would be OK because MPPS clone corrected my file.

Now I must check the CAN connection to vcds again.
I get now message "K1: Short to Ground , K2: Short to Ground" in connection test with many drivers.
But it would be just USB drivers that I had many difficulties Kiss
ferra

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2014, 07:02:21 AM »

You need to checksum before you flash, not after.

I did not know that Cry  My english is not well but I did.
For boot mode, I did 24pin to ground with 15V.

Now my car can run with power. It is OK but my understanding is very limited..
I know I must learn more..
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: