Pages: [1]
Author Topic: how to tune me7.5 questions?  (Read 3497 times)
ktm733

« on: August 08, 2014, 09:18:48 PM »

Very vague topic but i'm getting so confused about tuning. Ok to start things i have a b6 a4 1.8t with the me7.5
I already modified files to just get the understandings of things, but i want to really know how to tune. Not just up boost and add fuel.
I want to know things you really do to fine tune the car. If someone could steer me in the right direction it would be much apreciation.
Info i'm looking for
1}I have an xdf for 518f which is my car and 518ak, the ak file is well defined, so how do I see the ak map and locate it on the 518f file
2}Steps when tuning? Like firstly logs your afr and fule trims
3}what maps are even changed? Yes boost map timing and fueling are changed but what or do you do them in and how small of adjustments should i go by?

I know someone out there is looking for the same info so can you help us please. thank you!
I added my bin and xdf so you can see what I'm messing with. I will take multiple logs of stock and then of tuning to show improvements and hopefully help beginners like me tune.
TopNotch

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 10:49:38 PM »

Very Vague and Most will say s4 tuning wiki which is this simplest write up there just about is then take a look at all these translated modules
http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Then take a look back at s4 tuning wiki
Then search a whole lot about particular solutions for particular problems i have found this helps a decent amount
Then read the entire forum... a couple times lol
I am by far a noob at this still but the information is all here wether you use google to search on the forum or the forum search button but answer to your following
1) You might be able to use the 518ak file and just flash and tune that but if your looking to define your 518f bin you need WinOls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dkuoFh2foQ This video will help
2)This is all in s4 tuning wiki that is a great general guide line for the me7.5 also
3)again S4 tuning wiki, look at other stage 1 or 2 tunes, search a little more  
I can help with what I know personally
GET A BOOT MODE HARNESS AND GALLETTO
ktm733

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 06:25:19 AM »

Yesss! I was looking for a video like this. It shall help alot.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: