Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Me7.1.1 ktag issues  (Read 7115 times)
R32Dude

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2021, 05:27:31 PM »

What is your final goal? To remap just this ecu or others? Clones can be good, but for a hobby.
markhodges78

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2022, 06:43:56 AM »

I guess just this ecu as the whole reason I got the ktag was to turn off the immo due to a failing cluster but down the road who knows I may need to replace the ecu so being able to clone the ecu would be good. Now the seller said I could send the ktag back but if there's nothing wrong with the ktag which that could be a possibility because I have a 5P083C eeprom which I have read that they are a pain to work with.. I do have other vehicles that are early 2000 which I may be able to use the ktag on...as for the ecu in question I've also tried the nefmoto software but my cable is a ch340 which wont work and I'm having trouble locating 1 that I think will work ...

Any way thanks for any recommendations and yes this is soly for the use of hobie
R32Dude

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2022, 08:08:06 AM »

I'd keep it and collect a few other el cheapo cables. You never know which one will come to your rescue.  I play with my ecu a lot , so I wired it up to have boot mode by flipping a switch in the engine bay. Flashing then takes only 3 minutes using galletto.
markhodges78

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2022, 09:41:36 AM »

Lol I did the exact same thing with a switch in the engine bay with me7_95040.exe and that's how I was finally able to get a read with boot mode....
Could you recommend a cheap cable that will work with nefmoto software I have looked but really having trouble identifying what will work I've found some that say FT232RL but not sure if it will work or if the FT232RL chip is programmable,  also if theres any other el cheapo cables you could recommend it would be appreciated... I'm not gonna lie trying different things this and that and getting it to work is kinda addictive. 
R32Dude

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2022, 07:00:50 PM »

I have used a blue kkl cable that came with vcds lite on ebay and also the hex + can cable that came with the full  vcds clone. They both have ft232 chips. The latter needs older vcp drivers installed. If you don't have those cables, a cheap ft232 should work. I have not used nefmoto as it crashes with st10 7.1.1, but in boot mode galletto has never crashed for about 50 flashes so far. I have not looked at using the galletto cable as a ft232 kkl cable for nefmoto, but it might be possible if you investigate further. So my 2 cents worth is to get a cheap ft232 and a galletto cable. Always flash in boot mode with your switch using galletto and a crc corrected bin.
markhodges78

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2022, 08:53:53 PM »

I sent you a pm ...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: