Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AEB Tuning, an adventure.  (Read 5906 times)
strspeed

« on: August 10, 2014, 08:54:26 AM »

I am going to start the process of "tuning" my ME5.9.2 ECU (99' Passat 1.8t AEB Stock). I say "tuning" because this is going to be a long learning process! At first I hope I can pull the data, define it, and understand the majority of it before well anything.. My understanding so far is I can flash my ECU from my obd port, but I am going to need a chip reader to read anything. Can anyone suggest one?

Forgive me if I'm bleeding Newbieness all over the place! I've been reading up over the past month well I've been doing some heavy work on my car. My lack of understanding so far is suggesting I really have to start looking at files to even have a hope of understanding anything. Even if I don't ever get a successful tune in my car I am hoping I can collect a lump of 5.9.2 info in one place for others.

I'll update this post will my progress as it happens.

My first goal is to be able to read the file on a stock ECU.

Question to anyone: Can I read with an MPPS interface or do I need to desolder the chip?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:16:10 AM by strspeed » Logged
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 11:37:18 AM »

you need to desolder the chip (as i know)
so better to download stock file and work with it

im enjoy this topic. saw few topics about flashing this ecu but no one about editing flash
strspeed

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 06:05:26 AM »

you need to desolder the chip (as i know)
so better to download stock file and work with it

im enjoy this topic. saw few topics about flashing this ecu but no one about editing flash

Awesome Smiley. I got a 1.8t AEB file for the 557P ECU (mine!) and it looks like someone was already quite busy mapping this ECU to. Its in german, but still really interesting. I have already found a lot of ignition timing maps.
ADKWrench

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 07:13:45 PM »

What chip is in your ecu?
From what I read I THINK this chip you CAN flash onto but..you can not back up your original eprom file, in other words you can't read it. Again, don't take my word for truth I haven't got a straight answer on if you can flash/read this in place or not..i'm right there with ya' hoping to get a more experienced view on read/writing an AEB chip.

I have a B5 A4 AEB with a 557P(aka: DBC, narrowband ecu) I've fiddled with boost controllers, rising rate FPRs and the like, and the factory software is always fighting it, so..need to flash!!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 07:19:57 PM by ADKWrench » Logged
terminator

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 02:03:00 AM »

MPPS write it, but cant read.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: