Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Changing ECU number in the file  (Read 6288 times)
orienz

« on: May 27, 2011, 06:07:25 AM »

Hey guys,

I noticed several tuners are actually changing the ECU number in the file but base file is based on something else. For example I got LP tuned file from a tuner but it is clearly HS version, even VCDS reports it as LP and so does me7check. Does anyone know how to do this? Would like to revert it back to original part number.

Thank you.
DJGonzo
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 06:59:33 AM »

Its done to confuse people like you  Tongue

Search for ASCII strings on the file.
Matt Danger

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 07:28:51 AM »

Yeah, just grep a hexdump of the file to find the value & location location. Then change the hex values for the string.

http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,528.0title,.html

orienz

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 08:59:11 AM »

Yea Gonzo, i figured Cheesy Thanks for help guys.
carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 03:10:54 PM »

It would be really usefull to log every hardware version that has been cross flashed. Like a compatibility list so us noobs know what is safe to flash to what hardware.
Matt Danger

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 04:14:03 PM »

It would be really usefull to log every hardware version that has been cross flashed. Like a compatibility list so us noobs know what is safe to flash to what hardware.

Yeah, writing some notes in the file would be nice for a reference. But people should not be blindly flashing files to their cars, even if the file has notes. You don't know for sure how the file is set up unless you actually examine it.
carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 02:10:03 AM »

Matt,
I think you misunderstood me. I mean keep a log *here* of which H/W can be cross flashed with which other H/W's binary.

This would enable those of us with only an intimate knowledge of our own car's ECU to be able to learn from similar binaries without having to get hold of lots of different DAMOS / xdf's.

It's probably worth mentioning that my personal interest is always in 1.8t stuff as that's my car Smiley

I might set up a table in the Wiki to show what I'm on about if there's any interest.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: