Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cant get any of my cables to work with NefMoto software. Please help.  (Read 7311 times)
desha

I have both a real Rosstech cable and e-bay cable.  I use the rosstech cabel often with VCDS. I never have issues. Unfortunatly, I have been unable to get either cable to work with NefMoto software.  I have disabled the boot in intellegent mode in VCDS.  I have tried to uninstall and install FTDI drivers multiple times.  When I enter NefMoto or refresh devices, a RossTech hex cable appears in the device field.  however, when I try to connect I get "Could not open FTDI device".  if I refresh the device and try again I get "Failed to read test echo from FTDI device".  These two messages alternate.
   What have I missed?  Is there a hidden driver I have failed to uninstall or something.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
desha

Please someone... anyone...
190 something views and no responses.  Cry
 I need some guidance. any advice will be appreciated.
 Can I bribe someone to help!?Huh? I have lots of knowledge and skills to trade too. 
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

i can help pm me and i ll remote in and take a peak
corneliusmixon

I'm having the same issue.
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

pm me
nyet
Administrator

Guys, please don't keep the solution to PM. Post results so we don't see this damn question over and over and over and over and over again.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

99% of the time its user fault i just check to see if they installed the driver properly have netframe work which most miss dont know how .

I m offering to remote in and just check i usually post the outcome if i helped. Going to make a video how to install everything.
nyet
Administrator

Thanks!!

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Ballistix234

Not saying this will help for you, but it did it for me.  I had bought 2 cables from ebay with no success at all with the second cable, first cable i kinda got to work, but not seamlessly.  They both had issues with K lines,  one even said short to ground,  I was kinda like... omf what is the hell is going on with my car...!?

So... It bought a rosstech hex can cable.. from rosstech.  Expensive Yes but... works great! with Vcds!  Not so good with Nefmoto out of the box. 

What I had to do, to get it to work with Nefmoto, (on my car) was put the cable in dumb mode.

Go into vcds and uncheck Force dumb mode and test and save.  then try nefmoto.  Good luck!

Scratch that! Ultra Newb!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: