Pages: [1]
Author Topic: how to boost pass factory limits  (Read 3701 times)
Ansonmusic

« on: August 18, 2014, 08:43:26 PM »

i have a eurodyne maestro 7 tuning software and i was just wondering if anyone can tell me of any way to boost pass the factory boost limits am currently getting 20-21 psi before i get trottle cut i also have a greddy profec b spec 2 just for monitoring was wondering if can use it to go pass the factory boost limit
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 09:35:24 PM »

ditch maestro and start reading.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
fredrik_a

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 09:50:03 PM »

i have a...

Care to share what kind of car you drive? It's somewhat a different procedure if it is a turbocharged Volvo 142 from the 70's compared or if it's a Bugatti Veyron.
Ansonmusic

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 12:42:11 PM »

its a 05 mkiv gti awp with aeb big port head and rmr intake with 80mm hemi trottle body
Osmosis

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 09:39:11 AM »

My question is.....What is the max efficiency of the turbo you are using?   I know that the max efficiency of the turbo on my Typhoon was, well, what i was told was 20 psi.   I found the max efficency was acutally around 18 psi.   Point here is that you don't want to push 20, or 25 psi boost when your turbo's CFM will only allow for say 16 psi.  At or above the max efficeincy boost level you will be only heating the intake charge and creating Knock.    For example, ON my Typhoon, I was runing 22psi boost with zero KR, but I had to pull way too much timing out.  I was runing 22 psi with max timing @ 20deg advanced.  I then ran a tune with 18 psi boost and my I was able to increase my timing tables up to 28deg advanced.  My Ty ran 12.9 with 22 psi tune and 12.2 with 18 psi boost tune.     Basically, too much boost for the turbo is not going to help you go faster unless the turbo is in it's efficenty range.  I hope this makes sense.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: