Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Testing RS6 C5 Ecu if working?  (Read 9581 times)
nbdiy

« on: August 20, 2014, 04:26:53 AM »

Hello, I have a ME7.1.1 4D1907558 Ecu for my Engine Swap, but I´m not sure if it´s working, which is the easiest Way to test it?
Can I test it on bench using Vag-com, like other Ecu´s (get no response in car)?
In wiring diagram it looks like the K-Line must be wired through the Instrument, but it this necessary?

Maybe anyone can tell it to me? I didn´t get an answer of the Ecu, got everything wired, is cranking, but no sparking, etc...
Want to make sure the Ecu is working before I continue searching for the problem.
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 08:34:00 AM »

Yes, you can connect on the bench without a problem.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nbdiy

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 12:09:17 PM »

Tried it and worked, after I bridged two relais and removed the Dash-Fuse the Engine were living for his first seconds. Im so happy yet, was a lot of work until now Cheesy
Will check tommorrow, if it´s the Immo (I thought I have they off already), or if he shuts down because I didn´t have all plugged yet.

Is there a easy way to remove fault-codes (transmission, fan controller,...)?
sweegie

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 06:36:07 AM »

Are you doing a manual car with the RS6 engine and ECU? I believe there's a lot to change to get this working reliably and well. I'd give prj from here a shout as he has this working in a few cars.
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 09:45:38 AM »

It is pretty shitty. I'm working on a 4.2 Allroad doing this, and it's made harder by the complete lack of a definition ANYWHERE. I'm just about done though. We are error free, the clutch switch works, and rev hang can be measured in milliseconds Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nbdiy

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 03:44:58 PM »

Yes I´ve got the Engine now in a S8 D2 with manual Transmission, with slightly larger Turbo´s, still got some work to do, but actually, everything fits and is on it´s place, and I´m really glad that it started promptly without creepy noises, it was the first time this built was not frustrating  Smiley ...

Its good to know that there a some people here with experience in this, actually I would say it eceed´s my skills to do this work on the ecu, but in past there was never a problem that couldn´t be solved with time, frustration and more time...
But now that I read that you got problems with the definitions, I don´t feel really alone anymore... I thought once that it couldn´t be that problem and started thoughtless, but now while I was looking for any information about this ecu in the last weeks I could have slapped myself for thinking this and I would have started this build in a complete other way, but now its to late and some ambition is there, too...

When I´m on the point that everything is ready I´ll take the time and look if I can solve it myself, but if not I would like take advantage of your help(only if its okay for you), it sure should not be for free then...

Sorry for my english...
Acki

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 12:28:12 PM »

Can you show pictures of the swap?
nbdiy

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 12:11:32 AM »

Yes, no problem, at the end of the week I´m there aggain, but a warning before: looks like a little chaos from time to time  Cheesy
turboat

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 02:38:18 PM »

Did the manual box bolt up to the rs6 engine or do you need an adaptor plate?
nbdiy

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 10:53:53 PM »

No, that wouldn´t fit... The Manual Box don´t fits on the RS6-Engine and with Adaptor plate I wouldn´t have enough space to put the engine in the Car (it would cause problems with the propeller shaft and so on, too)...

I´ve taken the block of a normal Audi A8 (I bought 4 of it and took the one with the best condition) and put the parts of the RS6-Engine in/on it.
So I didn´t had to modifiy the chassis and I could undo it if it would be needed in future.
turboat

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 02:51:09 AM »

That's quite a lot of work, good effort! Shame really, was hoping someone had come up with a bolt on manual conversion for an rs6.
nbdiy

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 03:24:12 AM »

Building a plate isnt that complicated, I think... You take some steel and bore into it (easily said)... But I´ve read from a company who sales ready plates, but can´t remember which..

But you have to build a spacer for the flywheel too and must look for the starter (which could be more the problem, I think).

Do you want to build a rs6 to manual transmission, or do you want a rs6 engine in another car?
turboat

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 04:03:48 AM »

I want to convert an RS6 to manual, the reliability of the RS6 box worries me a lot and I really hate driving autos.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: