Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TT VR6(turbo) front 02 sensors not working at all  (Read 7318 times)
JK503

« on: August 20, 2014, 10:36:17 PM »

Slight background. I swapped a VR6 engine and turbo into my 2001 TT. I am using the ECU and engine harness from a 2005 TT 3.2. I wired in the front oxygen sensor plugs into the other half of the harness as the 1.8t only has two narrowband sensors. I checked wiring diagrams and the wiring and all pin numbers are correct now.

After starting the car I noticed my lambda control not kicking on at all. I also had rear 02 faults as they are not plugged in. I decided to code them out as I thought that could be the issue. I fully coded the rear 02's out. Still not working. I went back and set everything to stock except ESKONF. No 02 faults now but readiness will not set, as expected. Still not working.

In MVB 30 front 02's show heaters are working and show that they are "ready"

I have only changed a few maps, essential ones to start the car. MLHFM, KFKHFM, LAMFA, FKKVS, TEMIN, KRKTE, KFMIRL, KFMIOP, KFZW, KFZW2.

I attached:
Tuned .bin
Original .bin
XDF - maps with * are the ones that have the correct addresses
VagCom autoscan

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:40:57 PM by JK503 » Logged
sn00k

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 09:17:33 AM »

Some ECUs/softwares are sensitive to removing valves like n112, n249 etc.. like the evap valve, SAI Control valve etc.. this fault results in heating and everything working just fine for the lambda, but it wont regulate, at all.

ive seen it in 2-3 different ecus/cars in the last 2 years.. and even tried to code out the valves/functions, but nothing seemed to help but to plug the valves back in.. no ideas as to why. (..and no DTCs)

so, do you have all these systems/valves plugged in?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:21:25 AM by sn00k » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 09:57:58 AM »

You need to fix the open circuit codes in order to have working o2 regulation.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
JK503

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 10:54:43 AM »

so, do you have all these systems/valves plugged in?

The SAI components are not plugged in, the N115 as well, and are not coded out. I assumed they would not matter for this but I will try to code them out and see what happens. I do not have the valves to plug in to see if that fixes it, but may be able to get some.

I was able to get rid of the open circuit codes for the rear 02's.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:32:23 PM by JK503 » Logged
JK503

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 07:32:22 PM »

Fixed:

I had not bothered with switching any of the SAI wiring over for the new ECU so hooking up the SAI pump relay seems to have fixed the issue. I don't know if the wire being on the wrong pin was the problem or the relay not being hooked up was.
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 09:36:04 PM »

All you need is ESKONF. You don't need the relay, just set the appropriate bits.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
JK503

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 07:46:07 AM »

All you need is ESKONF. You don't need the relay, just set the appropriate bits.

I was not able to figure out all the ESKONF bits as they are different from anything I have seen on here. Either way it is working now and the relay being plugged in doesn't bother me. Thank you for the help.
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 08:18:39 AM »

There are not that many bits, and the codes return immediately. I figured them out by unplugging everthing, changing a bit pair, and then flashing and noting which codes disappeared-lol.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
JK503

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 12:33:54 PM »

There are not that many bits, and the codes return immediately. I figured them out by unplugging everthing, changing a bit pair, and then flashing and noting which codes disappeared-lol.

That's not a bad idea. I will have to try it.

Now to sort out the tuning part, it's going to be a pain.
coreyj03

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 08:37:33 PM »

on my r32 turbo i also modded ESKONF and all the other maps you listed.  i removed rear o2s completely and sai. however i left the solenoid valves and n80 hooked up. and i pass all readiness with no faults.

but i have this problem with only one o2 sensor bank on block 032  changes fuel trim adaption values. the other ( field 3 and 4) stays at 0.  field 1 and 2 at(example: -4 and -8)

the car runs great  and enters open and closed loop operation as expected. and at 15psi the clutch slips. so this weekend ill put clutch in.

but has any one seen this issue with no adaption only on one bank?  i had a similar issue with my 2.7t s4 but never resolved the issue before i sold the car.
JK503

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 09:35:29 PM »

on my r32 turbo i also modded ESKONF and all the other maps you listed.  i removed rear o2s completely and sai. however i left the solenoid valves and n80 hooked up. and i pass all readiness with no faults.

but i have this problem with only one o2 sensor bank on block 032  changes fuel trim adaption values. the other ( field 3 and 4) stays at 0.  field 1 and 2 at(example: -4 and -8)

the car runs great  and enters open and closed loop operation as expected. and at 15psi the clutch slips. so this weekend ill put clutch in.

but has any one seen this issue with no adaption only on one bank?  i had a similar issue with my 2.7t s4 but never resolved the issue before i sold the car.

Does it read in group one? Actual afr?

When I was coding out rear 02's I set ESKONF wrong at first and removed one front. Yours will be different but on mine I had to go from 33 C3 to F3 CF for rear 02's.

Maybe take another look at ESKONF?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: