Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EDC16 Data structure & disabling EGR  (Read 5763 times)
MIL_on

« on: August 23, 2014, 02:52:51 PM »

Hey Guys,
i read a file off a EDC16U34 from a Passat 2.0TDi 140 hp: 03G906021AB / 03G906021NK, SW 399388.
I just wanted to disable the egr Map and being not so used to Diesels i checked the known forums for a solution. I tried to use the one everybody describes like:
look for the hysteresis maps, the look like blabla and zero 2 of 5 of them out. So i did like described, even if i dont like the way the diesel-guys describe everything (do they never call a map with the correct name?). btw. today i know the maps are called
AirCtl_qhigh_CUR
AirCtl_qmiddle_CUR
but back to my question:
After i zero'd the maps and tested the flash in the car it still got the DTC "insufficient flow @ egr", just like before. So i started digging a little bit deeper in that file and found that the part which contains these maps is repeated two additional times?! The two following versions differ slightly from the first one, but its easy to find them anyway.
The offsets are
3FF34
and
CB94
you can see the maps in the attached file. i called them airctl_xxx_p1 / p2 / p3 for the 3 possible positions
So who can tell me why these parts of the data are repeated and how its possible to identify the "right"ones? Also what is Airctl_qmiddle? High and low makes sense for detecting high IQs and using a hysteresis, but middle? Its also not described in the EDC16 FR
SRT

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 02:01:54 AM »

So who can tell me why these parts of the data are repeated and how its possible to identify the "right"ones?
Different coding for e.g. manual and automatic gearbox has separate data.
Look for "Gearbx_swtTypeVal_C"

DTC "insufficient flow @ egr"
Find the following maps:
AirCtl_facMaxDevCor_MAP
AirCtl_facMinDevCor_MAP
AirCtl_mMaxDev_MAP
AirCtl_mMinDev_MAP
MIL_on

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 03:42:26 AM »

Different coding for e.g. manual and automatic gearbox has separate data.
Look for "Gearbx_swtTypeVal_C"
Already thought it might be related to this, as it is in MED9, thank you for confirming!

regarding the EGR disabling:
its really done by zeroing
AirCtl_qhigh_CUR and AirCtl_qmiddle_CUR. In VCDS the flow gets still calculated, but that shouldnt irritate, as the duty cycle and spec. /actual EGR Rate stays 0, so this one works fine, it's just about getting the correct ones Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: