Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7t ME7.1 S4 (APB 8D0907551M-0002)  (Read 472382 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2014, 02:27:49 PM »

Making the changes in the axis map in the xdf is sufficient. After you do that, if you open LAMFA, the axis should reflect your changes.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
FlyboyS4

« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2014, 08:23:58 PM »

Changes incorporated and logged the car again.  To keep the clutter down in this thread I'll provide a link to the charts I made.

Nefmoto Revised AFR
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 08:53:30 PM by FlyboyS4 » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2014, 09:06:56 PM »

Changes incorporated and logged the car again.  To keep the clutter down in this thread I'll provide a link to the charts I made.

http://www.myaudis4.com/2014/09/10/nefmoto-revised-afr/

Excellent. Can you also post a csv so I can filter it for the official version?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
FlyboyS4

« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2014, 05:24:50 AM »

Here's the ME7Logger csv, pared down slightly.  AFR is contained in a separate file that I have not uploaded.

http://www.myaudis4.com/tuning_images/me7log_20140910.csv
FlyboyS4

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2014, 02:17:08 PM »

Here is a proposed boost profile, peaking just under 14 psi at 2500 rpm, and compared to the stock profile.

ddillenger

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2014, 02:35:29 PM »

Jeff, don't try to increase the initial rampup. Stick with the stock datapoints until 1850.

My opinion of course.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
FlyboyS4

« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2014, 03:59:17 PM »

Elevated but more closely mirroring the stock profile:

AudiMan85

« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2014, 01:32:39 AM »

What Daz has done to the xdf file I'm happy to see. This is more or less what I was looking for when I 1st came onto the forums. I do agree some things should be left for a stage 2 file builder. But from what I see so far this makes me feel more comfortable coming from other tuning software like OpenECU. Thanks Daz and others, wish I could find a way to help other then a tester and see how a start from scratch file comes out.

I will be following. I of course will try this out and still use the other 2 xdf's needed for my files. But glad to see this progress. A clean-up later maybe should be taken away from discussion and a new thread started, I think this one is needed as it helps the knowledgeable communicate with the less informed.

**After getting some closer looks, I think some smaller/simple wording should be included in the descriptions just tho's who are 1st starting off, I'm stunned how much easier this xdf makes the approach to tuning able to be done.... I know a lot of my confusion was based on axis and means... to me afr of 1 didn't mean much, coming from other tuning software that dealt in idk what it would be called but just xx.xx so that already helps me never mind someone new to tuning period. I wish I knew more how to use TunerPro more to help with the XDF building but I'm lost... anyone got a PDF of the instruction manual or something??
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 03:07:01 PM by AudiMan85 » Logged

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
fourdrsleeper206

« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2014, 01:58:59 PM »

Another vote for maintaining the original FR names in some form.  This will help make the information useful for someone using an XDF based on FR names instead of one that has been pre-defined with user-friendly names.  Selfish request, really (I'm tuning an allroad 'S' box), but it's been wonderful being able to take the B5 S4 2.7T info on this site and apply it to my own ECU.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2014, 05:26:22 PM »

Updates?  Smiley Also how does using LAMFA/KFLBTS differ in terms of fuel economy? I'm currently running a version very similar to Flyboy's fueling map, and proposed changed to LDRXN, and I seem to be getting worse mileage that other tunes I've run with a lot more aggressive maps..This or I'm just beating on the car more..hehe

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ddillenger

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2014, 06:28:54 PM »

Updates?  Smiley Also how does using LAMFA/KFLBTS differ in terms of fuel economy? I'm currently running a version very similar to Flyboy's fueling map, and proposed changed to LDRXN, and I seem to be getting worse mileage that other tunes I've run with a lot more aggressive maps..This or I'm just beating on the car more..hehe

Did you fix the axis as discussed?

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
vwaudiguy

« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2014, 06:50:05 PM »

Long time ago, but you might have me mixed up with Flyboi. hehe

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ddillenger

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2014, 09:46:48 PM »

Long time ago, but you might have me mixed up with Flyboi. hehe

As discussed in this thread I mean. You have rescaled it? If so, fuel economy during part throttle (closed loop) operation will remain unchanged on a stage1/2 file.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Lost

« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2014, 11:58:35 PM »

When you look at Lamfa table Changes, Do you understand Changes that has been made? That should answer your question.
GL!!
vwaudiguy

« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2014, 08:15:14 PM »

When you look at Lamfa table Changes, Do you understand Changes that has been made? That should answer your question.
GL!!

I do understand, but because of the lack of resolution using LAMFA, and simple approach for this project, I assume there was a trade off of some sort.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: