Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7t ME7.1 S4 (APB 8D0907551M-0002)  (Read 473529 times)
ratherb1

« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2014, 04:51:14 PM »

i may have rolled on it at first ....that was my fault i was just checking that and kicking myself......
not ssure if this matters but this pull was right after i installed the ecu and did a tba

-ROMIE
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #166 on: October 09, 2014, 05:06:22 PM »

i may have rolled on it at first ....that was my fault i was just checking that and kicking myself......
not ssure if this matters but this pull was right after i installed the ecu and did a tba

when logging it is super important to be consistent.

Also, this is why I really dislike tuning tip cars (kick down etc.) and i was hoping to keep this thread restricted to 6sp ....

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #167 on: October 09, 2014, 05:10:32 PM »

when logging it is super important to be consistent.

Also, this is why I really dislike tuning tip cars (kick down etc.) and i was hoping to keep this thread restricted to 6sp ....

I have a TCU program I use that restricts downshifts when in tip mode. Makes it more akin to a 6 speed.

Won't help here though.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
ratherb1

« Reply #168 on: October 09, 2014, 05:19:25 PM »

my car wont down shift unless i slam it the extra inch...pretty sure theres a kick down switch ....its pretty easy to keep in third.... i wont clutter this thread just trying to help as it seems to have lost steam
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 05:22:15 PM by ratherb1 » Logged

-ROMIE
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2014, 05:49:10 PM »

No we appreciate your help, but if the car isn't 100% mechanically good (and that boost leak is really killing you), then yea, it is kinda cluttering Sad

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #170 on: October 09, 2014, 05:54:11 PM »

To get this back on track:

I don't think this is a HBN problem..

My thoughts:

* 160 req load with very low IATs will have a pretty low boost req - we should consider maybe requesting more load
* I don't think we should express LDRXN in boost, since the load->boost conversion is very IAT dependent (although we could counteract it in the spec load -> cor spec load path with KFTARX)
* req boost isn't tapering because of IAT rising from stock ICs... that is pretty much canceling out the spec load taper

ECUx Plot

digitalhippie

« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2014, 09:12:59 PM »

I have a TCU program I use that restricts downshifts when in tip mode. Makes it more akin to a 6 speed.

I'm interested in this, is there a thread on it somewhere?
S4addict

« Reply #172 on: October 11, 2014, 12:15:50 PM »

no her s4 is a tip tragic but its cool its lowered n shit
ok heres my file from my 2001 audi s4 six speed 4th gear. really shoulda done a diffrent gear but i can post more logs.
mods 3in to 2.5 ssac down pipes srm bipipes for meth with meth -meth turned off for logs-
stupid cold air intake and a true dual miltek exhaust.
ddillenger

« Reply #173 on: October 11, 2014, 01:18:59 PM »

no her s4 is a tip tragic but its cool its lowered n shit
ok heres my file from my 2001 audi s4 six speed 4th gear. really shoulda done a diffrent gear but i can post more logs.
mods 3in to 2.5 ssac down pipes srm bipipes for meth with meth -meth turned off for logs-
stupid cold air intake and a true dual miltek exhaust.

Something is wrong. Likely a boost leak.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
AudiMan85

« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2014, 02:19:01 PM »

I'm rockin a TIP with a mod from Daz, wish I got the kick-down turned off lol... makes the car more like a manual plus logs are hard to get like at 3000k or below, you gotta roll on it low part throttle and then do WOT like my logs show.

Gonna suck for dyno guy. O well he don't get it correct they should have to do another run to make up for it. My last car then stopped dyno at 6500. My turbo was pte6152e didn't make 20psi to 4500, and the cams where ready to go already hks272's but I had it tuned to 7500rpms. I felt I got lower reading on dyno and seen and felt more like 370awhp not 345awhp on a 4g63
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 02:44:22 PM by AudiMan85 » Logged

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
FlyboyS4

« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2014, 07:11:22 PM »

Here is the present tune relogged to include the three additional variables, though I do not show those new values in the charts:

http://www.myaudis4.com/tuning_images/nef4/relogged/charts.html

In this folder are all of the chart images as well as the CSV file of the data.  I have shown two 3rd gear pulls on the charts but within the CSV there is also a 2nd gear pull.

http://www.myaudis4.com/tuning_images/nef4/relogged/
ratherb1

« Reply #176 on: October 12, 2014, 03:23:22 AM »

Here is the present tune relogged to include the three additional variables, though I do not show those new values in the charts:

http://www.myaudis4.com/tuning_images/nef4/relogged/charts.html

In this folder are all of the chart images as well as the CSV file of the data.  I have shown two 3rd gear pulls on the charts but within the CSV there is also a 2nd gear pull.

http://www.myaudis4.com/tuning_images/nef4/relogged/

so were supposed to requesting 14psi correct?

-ROMIE
FlyboyS4

« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2014, 06:14:49 AM »

My understanding of the requested boost table (LDRXN) is that it approximates what the requested boost will be, but is not a direct determinant.  The boost curve that I log should roughly follow the shape of what is planned, but the magnitude of the boost value may not match what is in the table. 

What I'm finding odd about the resulting boost profile is how it climbs where the 'requested' values in the table are decreasing.  That's the part where the other factors come into play, and illustrates how the table is not the sole driver of the resultant boost profile.

Here's a chart with the new variables:

« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:29:55 AM by FlyboyS4 » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2014, 10:46:00 AM »

Yep. Nye and I spent quite some time talking about how to best approach this.

We decided to just try increasing LDRXN by an arbitrary amount and ditching the PSI conversion.

Care to give that a shot Jeff?

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
FlyboyS4

« Reply #179 on: October 12, 2014, 12:08:17 PM »

Sure, here's the revised profile.

Do you think timing is ok or should I try refining it some more?

Care to explain what those extra variable I logged are telling us?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: