Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7t ME7.1 S4 (APB 8D0907551M-0002)  (Read 461578 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #315 on: June 01, 2015, 08:05:48 PM »

Absolutely. As long as the xdf is for that software!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #316 on: June 01, 2015, 10:33:54 PM »

As you can see, I-Max is completely inappropriate for requested boost. It should (roughly) be the dc required to make requested at every point. Req boost is rising until 3000rpm, but i-max does the opposite. Then it starts tapering, but I-max is increasing.

So:

By 2600 rpm, we should be seeing requested boost, which is around 16psi.

If you look later in the graph (at 3100rpm) , 16psi requires around 82-83 wgc. At 2600, I-max is around 82, and given that Q2 is going to result in at least -3 or -4, we'll probably need an I-Max of around 85-86 at 2600 rpm.

By the time req boost is at its max (3000rpm), I-max is almost at its minimum! Given that we probably need at least 87ish dc to make 16 psi, I-max should be rising to match the requested boost.

Also, the requested boost should really not be increasing during late spool, it should really be flat (or tapering). This will make tuning the PID easier (since I will accumlate faster, it is more likely to follow i-max).

Finally, I have omitted linearization for the time being since it only complicates the discussion: suffice it to say the purpose is to have a normalized dc->actual boost curve.

That is to say, you need more DC up top for a given boost, so LDRL should be tuned such that a COMPLETELY flat pre-lin DC should result in a post-lin DC that is increasing sufficiently to keep the boost at a given PSI.

Ideally, when tuning i-max, you should be thinking about corresponding changes in LDRL accordingly. If you are finding you are having to have an increasing i-max to keep up with a flat boost request, instead of having a rising i-max, consider a rising LDRL instead.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:37:19 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #317 on: June 02, 2015, 04:25:31 PM »

Thanks Nye, great explanation of what's going on with that graph.  Funny part is that when I just looked at the boost curves I thought they didn't look too bad.

Going back over the past few comments it sounds like refining DIMX and KFLDRL are the way ahead?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #318 on: June 02, 2015, 04:31:16 PM »

Going back over the past few comments it sounds like refining DIMX and KFLDRL are the way ahead?

Yes, although I think we may ALSO want to get req boost to be flat during spool instead of that odd slowly increasing ramp, to simplify PID tuning...

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #319 on: June 02, 2015, 04:38:00 PM »

Yes, although I think we may ALSO want to get req boost to be flat during spool instead of that odd slowly increasing ramp, to simplify PID tuning...

Now we're talking about URL....

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
FlyboyS4

« Reply #320 on: June 02, 2015, 05:25:16 PM »

I don't want to try and change more than one thing at a time, how would you suggest I proceed?

Edit: How about trying to flatten the requested boost curve first?

therealnap0le0n, let me know if you are staying up with the changes, I think it would be best if we move along together making the same changes so as not to confuse the thread with multiple tune variants.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 05:29:19 PM by FlyboyS4 » Logged
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #321 on: June 02, 2015, 06:23:09 PM »

I don't want to try and change more than one thing at a time, how would you suggest I proceed?

therealnap0le0n, let me know if you are staying up with the changes, I think it would be best if we move along together making the same changes so as not to confuse the thread with multiple tune variants.

I got left behind at the first boost correction but that's ok I can catch up pretty fast as I'm getting more familiar with this it looks less like chinese. That being said it seems that we've exhausted the capability of the NefStage1 XDF and should proceed with a more complete one. I think at this point I prefer an XDF that is going to be using the bosch terms like you are using anyhow.

At the point I am at right now I'm trying to get all of the correct variables in my logs, and I've discovered a couple of weird instances.

1) I have logged using the ME7logger GUI and its boost Act seems to reflect what my PSIg ( The guage reads about 13psi )

2) Logging using VisualME7logger Boost Req and Act is reported a few PSI less than my PSIg (it reports about 10 - 11 psi with the tune set to 13.5psi~ )

3)I have no cats and with my factory tune had a CEL for 2ndry cat warm up/efficiency codes (duh), now that code is gone but i have 17522 oxygen sensor B1 S2 resistance too high intermit, could this be related to the emissions options I selected in the tune? I was under the impression for catless i should have converter diag unchecked, rear o2 unchecked, and post cat fueling correction checked based on the tooltips for these items.

4)At 12+ PSI the car starts to have a multiple miss fire, I need to check my plugs I think they are bkr6e with about 10k miles and I think a .025 gap

its been raining non stop so I'll pull my plugs either Tom after work or Thurs

here is a 2nd gear pull from this morning with VisualLogger

-----------
Edit: I think there's something wrong with the log that I provided because it seems to indicate my Abox files even though I definately used my M box files....
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 06:28:22 PM by therealnap0le0n » Logged

(Gmail/Google Chat/Hangouts) - alexswaine(at)gmail(dot)com
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #322 on: June 02, 2015, 07:53:28 PM »

May as well do both, either way you're going to need more wgdc before the current peak req boost. Besides, I almost always tune imax, req boost, and ldrl in concert since they are intimately connected.

It is going to take very very long time if we can't multitask a bit. As it is, this is taking much longer than I originally envisioned.

ECUx Plot

FlyboyS4

« Reply #323 on: June 03, 2015, 04:52:21 AM »

Ok, I'll try messing with all three.  I'll make some proposed changes and post them, unless somebody else wants to make a suggestion.

Pulling my engine twice along the way has been a distraction, I think when we've been able to make progress it's been reasonably well paced.
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #324 on: June 03, 2015, 05:54:13 AM »

Ok I think I figured out my logging issue. Here's a 3rd gear pull from this morning, a bit of miss firing still have to look at the plugs

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #325 on: June 03, 2015, 10:14:59 AM »

Ok, I'll try messing with all three.  I'll make some proposed changes and post them, unless somebody else wants to make a suggestion.

Sounds good to me, I will definitely try to keep things rolling as best as I can.

Thanks again for the time and effort you are putting into this!

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #326 on: June 03, 2015, 10:19:08 AM »

Ok I think I figured out my logging issue. Here's a 3rd gear pull from this morning, a bit of miss firing still have to look at the plugs

That has a very different req boost profile from flyboys' logs.

Lets concentrate on a single file here. If you want to start another thread, do that...

ECUx Plot

therealnap0le0n

That has a very different req boost profile from flyboys' logs.

Lets concentrate on a single file here. If you want to start another thread, do that...
I need to re-review the thread I was 99% sure I was using the same values as flyboy. I'll take the time to go over things again and become current tonight.

FlyboyS4

« Reply #328 on: June 03, 2015, 04:36:48 PM »

If you want, email me the bin and I'll check it against the changes I made with mine.  You're still using Daz's XDF?
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2015, 08:29:42 PM »

If you want, email me the bin and I'll check it against the changes I made with mine.  You're still using Daz's XDF?
The thread is kinda hard to follow in the middle but thanks to your screenshots im actually caught up to the part with imax, boost req, and ldrl tuning so Im 90% sure im concurrent. PM me your email and I'll send you what I have.

Also I've since left Daz's XDF for Nyets 8D0907551M-20120516.xdf as it is more complete.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: