Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7t ME7.1 S4 (APB 8D0907551M-0002)  (Read 461961 times)
shuffled

« Reply #540 on: August 24, 2015, 07:47:55 AM »

I flashed those DIMX changes and I've grabbed some logs.  I will have more tonight and upload them, the boost spike is not so spikey anymore.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #541 on: August 24, 2015, 08:06:00 AM »

Here's results using an RS4 MAF and a further updated DIMX table.  I thought the last revision reduced the boost onset too much at the peak, it was slowing boost too much prior to hitting the desired boost level.  This update is a little more aggressive, but went too far, overshooting more than I'd like.  I'm making another change to try and reduce the overshoot.

Also, even with the Bosch (RS4) MAF I am seeing a good deal more g/s and higher IDC than the other two cars.  I'm stumped as to why that it.

I also noticed that with the stock TABGBTS the modeled EGT is above the threshold immediately.  Apparently around 3500 rpm the BTS fueling is kicking in.  I've reverted to the stock KFLBTS table, but my car is still requesting a richer afr than the other two.

Nef RS4 MAF data
shuffled

« Reply #542 on: August 25, 2015, 03:52:07 AM »

Here's my latest log, with the original revised DIMX values.

Car feels very smooth and have not had any hiccups with it.

http://streetandtrack.ca/afterhours/tuning/s4/log1-aug23-a6.csv
FlyboyS4

« Reply #543 on: August 25, 2015, 06:45:29 PM »

These DIMX settings don't slow the initial boost rise as much.  I don't know that I can do much better with the boost onset if DIMX is all I have to work with.  Next I'd try and bring the mid and upper rpm boost level down to the desired line.

ddillenger

« Reply #544 on: August 25, 2015, 06:58:16 PM »

These DIMX settings don't slow the initial boost rise as much.  I don't know that I can do much better with the boost onset if DIMX is all I have to work with.  Next I'd try and bring the mid and upper rpm boost level down to the desired line.

I'd say you're done with boost control.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
FlyboyS4

« Reply #545 on: August 26, 2015, 02:47:33 PM »

Sounds good to me.

Fueling seems ok unless I want to start messing with the BTS table (I can't find the FBSTABGM in the XDF I've got), which I'd only do if I put the RS6 EGT's back in, which makes the tune work I do pointless as a community project at that point.

Timing also looks good to me, (I'll post up the rest of my data shortly).

Unless there's something I'm missing I think it's time to recap what's been done and call Stage 1/2 tune complete.
ddillenger

« Reply #546 on: August 26, 2015, 03:47:43 PM »

Unless there's something I'm missing I think it's time to recap what's been done and call Stage 1/2 tune complete.

I'd say that's fair.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
vwaudiguy

« Reply #547 on: August 26, 2015, 04:14:49 PM »

This has been a great thread. I'd like to applaud everyone involved. Did we come to the conclusion that the adjustment (to the flathead screw) of the N75 was the reason for the difference in boost profile @ spool-up between the cars?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
FlyboyS4

« Reply #548 on: August 26, 2015, 05:08:38 PM »

Yes, the N75 hardware setting caused the difference.
ddillenger

« Reply #549 on: August 26, 2015, 07:35:38 PM »

I reallllllllyyyyyy

don't like that we touched the N75. I feel as though people are going to do that now.

lol.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #550 on: August 26, 2015, 10:29:18 PM »

I reallllllllyyyyyy

don't like that we touched the N75. I feel as though people are going to do that now.

lol.

It was very very far from a few different stock n75s he compared it to.

IMO the correct recommended action should be to purchase a brand new stock n75.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #551 on: August 27, 2015, 05:00:43 AM »

It was very very far from a few different stock n75s he compared it to.

IMO the correct recommended action should be to purchase a brand new stock n75.

To the best of my knowledge neither of the two other car owners had changed the setting on their N75's.

The two devices I have are each set differently, and I know that is how they came from the factory.

I contemplated purchasing a new one, with the hope that it *might* be set like the other cars, but given the range of settings I have seen on these out of the box, I felt the best way to ensure my setting was equal to the other cars was to set it myself.

It would be interesting for you to purchase a new one and note how it is set compared to these others.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #552 on: August 27, 2015, 09:49:39 AM »

I felt the best way to ensure my setting was equal to the other cars was to set it myself.

Can't know they are equal w/o testing the solenoid manually... there is a reason there is a screw - manufacturing variability of the valve as a whole (including spring).

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #553 on: August 27, 2015, 03:46:03 PM »

Can't know they are equal w/o testing the solenoid manually... there is a reason there is a screw - manufacturing variability of the valve as a whole (including spring).

I was thinking of *setting* to be what was needed to get an equivalent boost onset.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #554 on: August 27, 2015, 07:08:48 PM »

Here's a compilation of the tables I changed and values I used upon completion of this phase.
Boost rises to around 17-18 psi and tapers to 10-11 by 6500 rpm.  Target AFR is 12.5 and IDC topped out around 90%.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: