Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Changes to adaptation channels  (Read 3658 times)
vwaudiguy

« on: September 02, 2014, 10:12:48 PM »

Lets say I advance timing using lemmiwinks..If I want this change in the bin, what map(s) should I change to have the same effect leaving the adaptation channels at their default? Would it be just changes to KFZW/KFZW2? What about the other channels?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 10:20:33 PM »

Adaptation channels are stored in the eeprom. They do not change flash maps.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Lost

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 11:55:11 PM »

Lets say I advance timing using lemmiwinks..If I want this change in the bin, what map(s) should I change to have the same effect leaving the adaptation channels at their default? Would it be just changes to KFZW/KFZW2? What about the other channels?

Yes.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 12:35:08 AM »

Adaptation channels are stored in the eeprom. They do not change flash maps.

Thanks for the response, Nyet. I am aware nothing can change the contents of the flash maps, but there is some factor that looks at the adaptation channels, and applies a correction if you will to requested timing. I want to make appropriate changes to the base maps to avoid having to have the adaptation channels other than 0. I have a car that doesn't get driven often, and whenever the battery gets disconnected I have to change the adaptation to add/subtract things. I was also curious what other maps are corrected by the other adaptation channels available in Lemmiwinks/Unisettings.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 07:16:47 AM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 08:48:46 AM »

Ah. Sorry. There is no 1:1 correspondence from the adaptation channels to the maps in the flash.

If you want to tune a car correctly, start with no adaptation and tune accordingly.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 09:44:28 AM »

Ah. Sorry. There is no 1:1 correspondence from the adaptation channels to the maps in the flash.

If you want to tune a car correctly, start with no adaptation and tune accordingly.

Gotcha. The car runs/performs fairly decent as is, just that it can run more timing than the initial tune calls for at the moment (I didn't do this tune). I plan on making these timing changes, and am familiar with what's required, but was also curious if anyone had any additional info on the relationship between the flash and the adaptation channels. Thanks, man!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: