Pages: [1]
Author Topic: need WOT log of 1.8t me7.5 verified 220-260hp  (Read 10535 times)
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« on: April 09, 2014, 03:51:18 PM »

need for <subject> to compare with mine Smiley
TT225 are welcome too
userpike

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 08:21:26 AM »

need for <subject> to compare with mine Smiley
TT225 are welcome too

this is an AWP 1.8t with k04-023 turbo, 3" mandrel bent exhaust and DP, TT225 MAF and Samco TIP, EV14 550s, Genesis FP, adjustable FPR set for 3bar @ 0psi, FMIC, 7.5lb flywheel, Fluidampr and light OEM sized pulleys.

It's a rough log though, I'm still dialing stuff in.

What are you looking for?
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 08:37:53 AM »

thanks
exactly what i needed
looking for k04-02x typical maf-wastegate-pressure values
something strange with maf readings isnt it?
SB_GLI

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 09:20:00 AM »

thanks
exactly what i needed

I have one from a frankenturbo f4t, audi225tt injectors and MAF running the GIAC k04-023 file...  I just took it on Sunday too.   I'll upload when I go home for lunch.
SB_GLI

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 09:24:01 AM »

Just remembered I had it in my email...

Here you go.
userpike

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 09:24:23 AM »

thanks
exactly what i needed

yes, I changed the MAF sensor out and the wierdness at the higher rpm went away but I can't find that log. I kept getting MAF sensor signal too high DTC even after I migrated every HFM map over from the TT225 file. I figured since I did this and all the diag stuff also that the ECU wasn't lieing to me as far as the MAF sensor being faulty.

I forgot to mention that the turbo manifold is an equal length runner design in tubular stainless steel.

This log shows that the wastgate port is too small on this chineese k04 as I can get 20psi all the way past 7000rpm if I wanted it to with almost no WGDC it's crazy. I had to cut WGDC down a bit and migrated the q1,2 maps from the boost PID from the 225TT file to fight the overshoot/boost. This was just so I could drive the car around for work. I will try to get another log tonight before I make anymore changes and post it here for you. I was thinking of removing the turbo, porting the wastegate port out and installing a flapper from a k03s as they are larger (I think that's what the frankenturbo guys do) if I can't pull out more WGDC to compensate.
littco

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 09:42:34 AM »

yes, I changed the MAF sensor out and the wierdness at the higher rpm went away but I can't find that log. I kept getting MAF sensor signal too high DTC even after I migrated every HFM map over from the TT225 file. I figured since I did this and all the diag stuff also that the ECU wasn't lieing to me as far as the MAF sensor being faulty.

I forgot to mention that the turbo manifold is an equal length runner design in tubular stainless steel.

This log shows that the wastgate port is too small on this chineese k04 as I can get 20psi all the way past 7000rpm if I wanted it to with almost no WGDC it's crazy. I had to cut WGDC down a bit and migrated the q1,2 maps from the boost PID from the 225TT file to fight the overshoot/boost. This was just so I could drive the car around for work. I will try to get another log tonight before I make anymore changes and post it here for you. I was thinking of removing the turbo, porting the wastegate port out and installing a flapper from a k03s as they are larger (I think that's what the frankenturbo guys do) if I can't pull out more WGDC to compensate.

Mlmax raised to 1080 will get rid of the maf signal too high..

easiest way to test for boost creep is to set TVLDMX to 0 and go for a drive if you still get boost creep then the wastegate is the issue or the wastegate has too much preload and not opening fully. If it is a chinese hotside then just opening the port out will cure the problem, no need for a k03 wastegate penny TBH, wont really assist you ...
userpike

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 02:41:40 PM »

Mlmax raised to 1080 will get rid of the maf signal too high..

easiest way to test for boost creep is to set TVLDMX to 0 and go for a drive if you still get boost creep then the wastegate is the issue or the wastegate has too much preload and not opening fully. If it is a chinese hotside then just opening the port out will cure the problem, no need for a k03 wastegate penny TBH, wont really assist you ...

I kept getting the code after MLMAX was set. That's why I changed the sensor out. It was a crappy Chinese sensor anyway, replaced with Bosch and good to go.

Thanks for the tip for using TVLDMX, I will check that out.

Is it because of the way the port is shaped that it wouldn't be a benefit for the larger k03s flapper to be installed? I can see that the port in the k04 hotside is not able to be opened up as large as the k03s but the opening where the flapper valve rests might be.

userpike

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 04:30:52 PM »

@ littco: Didn't you have a Youtube vid of a k04 1.8t making 298hp?
adam-

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 06:15:32 PM »

Gonna watch this thread, bought myself another engine yesterday for 60 quid - that's like 130 dollars. 

Came with all ancileries, loom, ecu, flywheel, the lot.  Striped it today, gonna get rods soon just to be on the safe side.

Have a K04 waiting too, so basically will be aiming for userpikes build by the sounds of it! Smiley
!nfern0

Audi TT 1.8T BAM

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 01:18:51 PM »

I would like to contribute an original 225PS BAM log.

Unfortunately the file is like 30Mb.

It was a long log with lots of WOT runs in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gear.

Is it possible to "cut out the data" with ecuxplot?
!nfern0

Audi TT 1.8T BAM

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 06:46:23 AM »

Managed to do some stock-file WOT-runs.

Here they are. But i think there is an issues with the cats due to stagnating exhaust mass flow at higher rpms. There is also a boost pressure error when rpms are increasing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: